Chernogorsk, or "Cherno" for short, is a large industrialized city located on the southern coast of Chernarus, between Balota and Elektrozavodsk. Chernogorsk was a regional administrative centre that provided infrastructure and services to many of the surrounding communities.
Originally a small fisherman's village of Chyornaya Bay, the city became heavily industrialized by the investments of the Chernarussian Republic, which began in the 50s of the previous century. The heavy industrialization is reflected in the fast-engineered infrastructure and generic apartment block style housing developments, which expanded beyond Chernogorsk proper into several adjoining suburb areas (Chapaevsk, Dubky, and Novoselky).
Chernogorsk has always been a harbour town. Once connected to northern trade routes by means of a coastal railroad, it became a reliable transport hub for raw materials flow to Elektrozavodsk and other industrial centres the country's infrastructure previously couldn't support.
The city has a giant factory complex adjoining the city centre, a remarkable City Hall constructed 1955, and a relic of a famous hotel built near victory square. It has a Hospital, a Police Station, a Fire Station, and several places of worship in its vicinity.
During the outbreak, a small military camp was set up near the centre of the city.