I've had some pretty emotionally invested characters in the past. Not afraid to admit that I've shed a few tears over characters here, elsewhere, in different games, etc. Haven't had an experience text based yet, unlike some people here. Personally I find it easier to get emotional when you actually have to act out being emotional, rather than just typing. Perhaps I'll experience that at some point or time.
All of the Unnamed characters were pretty emotionally driven, so I'm sure a lot of my group bro's and sister's have had similar experiences to an extent as well.
The only way that roleplay will ever change is if the staff enforce different kinds of roleplay, characters, groups, etc. A lore wipe is a good time to practice such enforcement, but the lore does not always make the roleplay. It always boils down to the player, and this community is stubborn in that fact.
I voted yes on the pretense that staff actually ENFORCE change.
Having two servers is nice and all, but it makes server pop a drag sometimes. One server or the other can usually be full, and a full server means more player interaction. Go one or the other. I wouldn't personally be opposed to having something new with Livonia only.
A very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all the DayZRPers today. Enjoy the holiday season, enjoy the festivities, enjoy the presence of your families and friends, enjoy the gifts, enjoy the food, enjoy it all!
Just spit-balling ideas, because stuff like this has been discussed in the past.
1. Maybe not forced PK on firefights, but forced PK on execution can stay. Characters being forced PK on a firefight seems kinda iffy, even if both parties agree.
2. War should also not be determined by a single firefight. War can last a certain period of time, and groups can also opt to surrender. Regardless of a surrender or a forcible loss in the war, the result always ends in the group archiving. It's easier to archive a group than it is to permadeath a character, in my eyes, and seems like more a fair option.
This puts the focus more on RP, forces groups to decide between the group as a whole and it's goals/survival or the lives of the characters they've been sharing their story with. It also makes the PK more about the hostile experience of capture and execution rather than just dropping a bunch of people in a firefight and calling it an easy clap and archive of a group/characters.
Regardless of the outcome, some sort of war system should be and always should have been apart of this server to bring a means to an end for conflict within RP. So +1 to the overall idea.
Thank fuck fast travel is getting a resounding no.
I voted no on the toxic clouds before realizing that we can completely nix the toxic moving cloud, but seeing as we can configure to only have the cloud that fits our lore, that's pretty cool as well.
Airdrop seems like it's going to put military gear all around the map, so I think it would be fine if the airdrops were only once or twice per server restart (if those things are still scheduled anymore)
Otherwise everything else seems pretty dope.
As an observer and once a player...
1. Hostile Roleplayers that believe that the RP comes after the initiation.
2. Campfire roleplayers that don't know how to lose.
3. I'd probably be sick of base building at this point if I was actively playing, so I'll just toss this in there.
4. People who threaten 2.3 when in reality they are just losing and hate losing. Everyone loses, get over it. That or they just can't accept the fact that hostile roleplay exists or whatever bullshit reason.
5. People who are paranoid over getting yeeted over 2.3. Your probably on the verge of doing something wrong if you've reached this point.
6. Loremasters having to have their hand being held. Like seriously, just make one of them an admin already or a GM with powers or just make a head loremaster that has power. For real.
7. Hostile characters that are completely baseless and have nothing underneath the cover of their character
That's all I can really think of as of right now. Some of this list I'm sure has been repeated in the thread.
2.3 has been wielded by people who get all excited and roll every hostile interaction into a string and then place them at the feet of a group they have hostilities with, when the reality is that they were confused for others or barely involved.
I miss Tapatalk.
If they had the time and resources, great. Otherwise, I wouldn't expect anything else other than the post above. Log in on your phone's browser and deal with what we got. The mobile site doesn't look that bad anyways.