Hey guys, so my attention and POV is required for this issue. I don't have any 'new' information on the subject but I will give a quick run down on my account:
We had discovered the military tent and were excited, as we were looking for regular tents to start our own camp up north. So, instinctively, we started unloading the tent of it's items for us to pack it up. We had NO intention of de-spawning any loot at all, everything was on the ground where we would leave it. The information on how the event took place that 'SerslySarcastic' provided was accurate.
- We gave adequate time for our victims group to comply. (not the issue).
- No one came out to interact with us. They ran around the house taking up more strategic positions, which is fine.
- I noticed one character in the bushes behind the house, I yelled at them to come out, we don't want this situation to turn sour.
- They did not come out, and in turn they opened fire on me, I fell unconscious...resulting in my friend to kill the hostage. No rules had been violated whatsoever.
- I eventually died there on the ground and logged out.
This entire issue was brought up on a 'KOS VIOLATION'. So, the combat logs have clearly disproven your theory and accusations. And you now admit that your group shot first. Case closed.
It seems that there is still animosity towards my friend, after your accusation fell through. Now this has turned into another issue of a 'combat log' theory, which I have no POV on. All I can say is that we would never combat log on purpose, and if you see our sporadic logging off and on history, that can be explained with our larger group trying to coordinate on a server. Often the main server is 50/50 and we are trying to meet up to consistently play together. If we can get combat logs that are parallel with our log-off/on logs then we can see that we are not combat logging in conflicts.
We have no hard feeling towards you guys or your group, and we had a lot of fun in that situation. It was a genuine, high tension sticky situation that wasn't going to end well. It was awesome, and I even died losing a lot of gear and a weapon that took a long time to build. But it does rub us the wrong way when you try to accuse us of KOS even though YOU open fired first. Now it seems like you are grasping at straws just to penalize us in some way. I hope that's not the case.