"You cannot see brotherhood; neither can you hear it nor taste it. But you can feel it a hundred times a day. It is the pat on the back when things look gloomy. It is the smile of encouragement when the way seems hard. It is the helping hand when the burden becomes unbearable." - Peter E. Terzick
157 Provost Company
The Blondie Brothers
The summer of 2018 was when Last Bastion went from a group just trying to survive, to a formidable player in the region, capable of recruiting settlers and expanding their community. Some had already arrived as drifters, integrating well with their own particular set of skills, which was the inspiration that pushed the council to dedicate resources to finding more westerners to add to their community. Luckily, a nearby radio tower was able to be fixed and a 24/7 loop, directing settlers to a nearby rendezvous where they could be collected and taken to Last Bastion, was set up. The signal wasn’t perfect, in fact it was mostly filled with static, but the short message and looped nature made it understandable to someone listening for a few loops.
Although not immediate, some who had survived out in log cabins or escaped the Chedaki in the north heeded the call and brought with them tales of what they had experienced. Some spoke of South Zagoria, a region not far east of Last Bastion which was not as badly affected as the rest of Chernarus. This worried the council, fearing that whispers of another utopia could damage Last Bastion or even lead to its collapse due to a mass exodus. It was thus decided that facts needed to be established, and they must find out whether South Zagoria was the utopia they described or just another shit hole.
Over the next few months, a volunteer militia of sorts was created, containing members of each faction within the community, to venture into South Zagoria and decide upon whether it was a potential new location for a settlement or overrun by Chernarussians, making it too dangerous to leave. Platitude was granted to them to both form diplomatic relations in the region and commit sabotage and subterfuge to any parties that could prove dangerous to Last Bastion or any future settlement. The volunteers, led by the experienced Lucas Black, were trained by each faction. 51 Sqn would teach basic soldiering; Project HOPE would teach trauma management and first aid; the Blondie Brothers taught Chernarussian culture and how to avoid angering them whilst Steven taught a 101 on hunting. Whilst short on time, after a few months of intensive training, and under the guidance of faction representatives, the militia was ready to deploy.
Lucas was chosen to lead them, alongside Hayley and Steven as representatives from the council. Just before they set off, the council revealed to him previously undisclosed intelligence about the real nature of their mission, and orders to accompany it. This information could only be shared between himself, Steven and Hayley; to be treated with the highest level of secrecy. The main objective remained the same, yet these orders would remain forever at the back of Lucas’s mind.
- Establish detailed intelligence reports on every group encountered (to be posted on the forums - one per week) - Commit acts of sabotage and subterfuge on purist Chernarussian factions. (Day 700) - Build the foundations for a possible future location for Last Bastion in South Zagoria. (Day 690) - Establish diplomatic relations with other western groups. (Day 690) - Recruit other westerners to the community (Ongoing) - Build an overall picture of the suitability of South Zagoria for Last Bastion V2 (Ongoing)
- Provide a mix of Lawful good and Lawful evil RP, based upon the characters we RP with. (E.G. Westerners/Chernarussians)
- Take newer members onboard to improve their standard of RP.
- Create long-term storylines for each and every character, allowing IC actions to have profound effects on the long-term group direction and goals.
- Empower members to RP ‘in the grey’, not just as a ‘good guy’ or ‘bad guy’.
- Act as a counterbalance to purely hostile groups.
Expedition Lead - Lucas Black (@KencoBlaze12)
Loving Father - Steven Davis (@PhantomPlayin)
To make this work, I'll need members to fill roles from the group lore (definately Hayley and Steven!). There's ample to choose from, whether it be a military character from 157 Provost Company or medical from Project HOPE. Fill out the below application, send it to me and we can work on what character best suits you! TL;DR, the roles fall into military, survivalist and medical, with ample scope within those categories to make the character 'yours'.
All feedback is very much appreciated!
Thank you to @Mademoiselle for the AMAZING graphics, @Phatal and @Major for the help with the lore and @PhantomPlayin for the story-development inspiration!