Server time (UTC): 2020-01-29, 15:49 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Zero

“Comfort” drug item

I want it. Personally I can’t be assed to RP out an item that isn’t even in game if I’m going to be honest and I know for a fact a lot of others feel the same way. I want to have the RP that comes with narcotics but if you tried to get new white lists to RP out this without there being an item they can keep track of through gameplay mechanics then they aren’t going to bother with it. 

it’s like marijuana. I can remember one instance in my time here since 2015 where people RPed out joints and getting high. But once we added the item in game lots of people use it and even sell it. There’s literally nothing stopping someone from saying “oh yeah I got 20 pills of comfort I’ll sell you”. Good luck with that in a report section. 

I also think we should take what we can get and be thankful Ducky is at least trying. Personally if I came up with something I would be honored if it was decided or at least attempted to put the item in game. To say that drug dealers don’t put pills in bottles to sell is also false. They usually combine all the pills into a bottle and sell them that way so I don’t see anything wrong with a bottle labeled comfort. Just make the item count low or something. 

Edited by ZeroRP

I get that you want it, and that's cool. I don't. That's also cool.

I've been around long enough to see drug RP before cannabis (and other drugs) were in the game. People were selling RP weed as far back as 2015. I've seen plenty of people RP out the comfort. 

I've never seen or heard about a single soul using or pushing comfort who ought not to have it. Have you? Because it's dangerous to get caught out with it if you're not supposed to have it and/or can account for where you legit got it. And if someone DID, it would be metagaming and not that hard to prove. I have a decent idea of who ought to have the stuff - I'm sure the creators have an even better idea of it, and how much exists in the world.

But frankly - despite my opinion - as far as I'm concerned the ONLY people who really ought to have a say in how it appears and is distributed are the people who created it, with the assistance of the staff team. 

If they want it in the game, then cool - it's theirs - if not, I would respect that.

24 minutes ago, TheGlassSpider said:

4. It makes ZERO sense for people to just be able to scavenge and find comfort sitting around. It's a player-manufactured item, and it's pretty much regulated & pushed by the people who created it. How would it make any sense for it to suddenly start spawning at clinics and anyone could find it? I think it would undermine the work a couple of factions put in to create the lore around it. 

This would not be an issue, as an event item we can make it so it does not spawn at all, and is only spawned in manually by staff.

11 minutes ago, Ducky said:

This would not be an issue, as an event item we can make it so it does not spawn at all, and is only spawned in manually by staff.

That's really good to know, and would make it more viable an idea. However, it still doesn't address the lack of an appropriate model, or its creation in numbers that are appropriate to the drug (i.e., 1-2 pills at a time), OR whether or not its creators want to see it used IG this way.

Just now, TheGlassSpider said:

That's really good to know, and would make it more viable an idea. However, it still doesn't address the lack of an appropriate model, or its creation in numbers that are appropriate to the drug (i.e., 1-2 pills at a time), OR whether or not its creators want to see it used IG this way.

We can set the use limit manually, this was just a draft with the pill bottle.

We could easily re-texture the painkiller box and just give it 2-3 uses, as if someone had repacked it with only 3 pills left.

Just now, Ducky said:

We can set the use limit manually, this was just a draft with the pill bottle.

We could easily re-texture the painkiller box and just give it 2-3 uses, as if someone had repacked it with only 3 pills left.

Well then, where are the creators? 😉

Well then, where are the creators? 😉

Creators? As in the people who produce comfort? or are you referencing developers?

1 minute ago, Ducky said:

Creators? As in the people who produce comfort? or are you referencing developers?

The players who conceived the idea and injected it IG with LMs I guess. Their faction, their idea, their lore - they should have a say.

Edited by TheGlassSpider

5 minutes ago, TheGlassSpider said:

The players who conceived the idea and injected it IG with LMs I guess. Their faction, their idea, their lore - they should have a say.

I believe @StagsviewRB who is already an LM is one of the main drivers of it, he was in the Dead Batteries group who conceived the idea of Comfort AFAIK, but I think most of the comfort pushers or anyone revolved around it have already commented that they'd like to see it as an ingame item.

4 minutes ago, Ducky said:

I believe @StagsviewRB who is already an LM is one of the main drivers of it, he was in the Dead Batteries group who conceived the idea of Comfort AFAIK, but I think most of the comfort pushers or anyone revolved around it have already commented that they'd like to see it as an ingame item.

I didn't see a comment from Staggs. Is it going to be implemented, then? 

I didn't see a comment from Staggs. Is it going to be implemented, then? 

If the LMs approve whatever design we come up with, like I said it was a draft, they never replied back further after showing it

55 minutes ago, TheGlassSpider said:

While I appreciate that people would like the physical items, I don't think it's the best idea because:

1. there's more than one kind of comfort in the world - not just the red stuff.

2. it's so potent that people are holding one or two pills at a time (50 is an ungodly amt, and  you can't split them - even 12 is a lot of comfort). 

3. This is just an observation, but ppl tend NOT to RP out medicine usage when they have the thing, as opposed to when they have to text RP it out and keep track of their stash. Just like the dex: Lots of ya'll would be SO dead if ya'll were RPing out the consequences of using, say, 20 amphetamines in a day. 

4. It makes ZERO sense for people to just be able to scavenge and find comfort sitting around. It's a player-manufactured item, and it's pretty much regulated & pushed by the people who created it. How would it make any sense for it to suddenly start spawning at clinics and anyone could find it? I think it would undermine the work a couple of factions put in to create the lore around it. 

Take with grains of salt.

I agree. I like it being an RP item. It's there for people who actually want to take that RP into their character, instead of people taking it and shrugging it off. I like it being a serious only certain people have it ordeal. It being an item just takes that away immediately. 

Staggs is having his day off. Staggs will give full pov after his next beer as he is relaxing with his brother.

I am willing to provide models if necessary if staggs or other minds behind comfort want to see it in game  

Already have something done