Server time (UTC): 2019-11-20, 13:02
Sign in to follow this  
ZeroRP

“Comfort” drug item

It was thought of before but nothing came of it. It would be cool to have, but like you said only to be spawned in by individuals with access to it. It's all up to the dev team tbh.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

It was thought of before but nothing came of it. It would be cool to have, but like you said only to be spawned in by individuals with access to it. It's all up to the dev team tbh.

I’m sure we could push for it. The interest is more than some of the other items the devs added. Renaming and texturing is more simple than modeling as well. 

Edited by Zero

1 minute ago, Zero said:

I’m sure we could push for it. The interest is more than some of the other items the devs added. Renaming and texturing is more simple than modeling as well. 

Problem is we don't have an item that could look like a pill rn. Modelling a bottle of meds could work but it would be a bit too much comfort as it has been mostly dealt in pills like 1 or 2.

Could easily re-texture the pill bottle, make the label white as if someone taped some paper around it and put some shoddily drawn letters spelling "Comfort."

Something like this I imagine?

20191004194006_1.jpg.66f37ed79e2b739bbb7dc935a39bc2bc.jpg

@StagsviewRB @Zero

But it should be handed out only by the people to access to it. Not as spawn from anywhere?

Posted (edited)

It's def something that shouldn't spawn in the world, and if it does it needs to be EXTREMELY rare, it would basically just be an RP item and should not give any benefits what so ever, if it's possible to create a  side effect it such as distorting your screen after you take it that would def add to the RP factor of it. You could possibly make it like some of the cig packs you can find where it has a 1/1 use before it disappears since as Andrey has stated it's only dealt one or two pills at a time.

I'd enjoy seeing it added if it's properly implemented into the world. +1

Edited by Eagles_4L1fe

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Could easily re-texture the pill bottle, make the label white as if someone taped some paper around it and put some shoddily drawn letters spelling "Comfort."

@StagsviewRB @Zero

Most 'illegal/homemade' drugs aren't really sold in packages like that, now I don't know anything about 'Comfort' but I'm gonna assume they're pills. Modeling something like this would be more accurate and realistic imo. (Might not even be neccessary to model anything, just retexture a bag of seeds or something, would be cool if we could take individual pills from the bag aswell then. 🙂 )

(Imagine in spoiler in case pictures of real drugs offend anyone.)

Spoiler

?appId=21791a8992982cd8da851550a453bd7f&

Edited by RedRP

4 minutes ago, RedRP said:

Most 'illegal/homemade' drugs aren't really sold in packages like that, now I don't know anything about 'Comfort' but I'm gonna assume they're pills. Modeling something like this would be more accurate and realistic imo. (Might not even be neccessary to model anything, just retexture a bag of seeds or something, would be cool if we could take individual pills from the bag aswell then. 🙂 )

(Imagine in spoiler in case pictures of real drugs offend anyone.)

Reveal hidden contents

?appId=21791a8992982cd8da851550a453bd7f&

Maybe if I learned how to 3d model I could make something like that, however that's outside my realm of understanding 😂

As for 3D modeling in general, I don't think watchman has any experience either, but @Kerkkoh has done some stuff if I remember correctly 😉 

11 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Maybe if I learned how to 3d model I could make something like that, however that's outside my realm of understanding 😂

As for 3D modeling in general, I don't think watchman has any experience either, but @Kerkkoh has done some stuff if I remember correctly 😉 

Could retexture something like the IV starter kit or the blood test kits maybe? Something along those lines might be easier

Just now, General Rickets said:

Could retexture something like the IV starter kit or the blood test kits maybe? Something along those lines might be easier

I doubt the IV kit, considering it has plugs and other stuff sticking out of it.

As for the blood test kit? Im fairly certain there is a needle among other things on that model as well, so I'd say probably not.

Just now, Ducky said:

I doubt the IV kit, considering it has plugs and other stuff sticking out of it.

As for the blood test kit? Im fairly certain there is a needle among other things on that model as well, so I'd say probably not.

Haven't taken too much notice of the actual items just thinking of things which resemble the general shape of a ziplock bag etc

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Ducky said:

@StagsviewRB @Zero

That’s what I was imagining and personally I think it looks perfect. Not sure how hard it is to make comfort, but the pill bottle looks nice. Maybe there could be a lore event where the makers of the drug are able to manufacture on a larger scale. 

1 hour ago, Eagles_4L1fe said:

It's def something that shouldn't spawn in the world, and if it does it needs to be EXTREMELY rare, it would basically just be an RP item and should not give any benefits what so ever, if it's possible to create a  side effect it such as distorting your screen after you take it that would def add to the RP factor of it. You could possibly make it like some of the cig packs you can find where it has a 1/1 use before it disappears since as Andrey has stated it's only dealt one or two pills at a time.

I'd enjoy seeing it added if it's properly implemented into the world. +1

If the devs have time maybe it could create an effect where you see colors or something along those lines. The drug from what I understand puts you in a blissful trance. 

Edited by Zero

Would be cool to have an item like this since it's quite known on the server.

pre sure wirpy made a physical pill but never was added

13 hours ago, Ducky said:

but @Kerkkoh has done some stuff if I remember correctly 😉 

I think you'll have more luck with Jim with this one.

Honestly, yes!

I'd be so cool to have an original drug that people made in this lore to make it an item. It deserves recognition in this matter mainly cause it is a dangerous manufactured drug by looney tunes. 

I'd be hella down to see this in game.

If comfort's gonna be in the game, it should be in the hands of IC distributors and have its signature red pill look. A good chunk of the personality comes from the look of the pill itself, as well as its effects on the human body.

On 10/4/2019 at 7:12 PM, Ducky said:

@StagsviewRB @Zero

I think this looks great but rp-wise, I rather like to see some single pills. I know it will be way harder to do but think about it like this ... if you deal cocaine ...will you write "COKE" on the little bag? ... I  think that is weird.

5 hours ago, Ron said:

I think this looks great but rp-wise, I rather like to see some single pills. I know it will be way harder to do but think about it like this ... if you deal cocaine ...will you write "COKE" on the little bag? ... I  think that is weird.

🤷‍♂️ working with the limitations I got, I have no experience in 3D modeling, unless we are talking AutoDesk Inventor and 3D printing, in that case I have plenty of experience.

However, in terms of 3D modeling for DayZ? I have zero experience, and thus I can't create a single pill format.

I'm excited to see it come out. I'm sure it will come out great! Keep up the great work @Ducky

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

7 minutes ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

I'm excited to see it come out. I'm sure it will come out great! Keep up the great work @Ducky

Never got any further feedback or direction from the LMs, @StagsviewRB @Craig @Major

Would you still like this as an event item, and if so how would you have it handled?

While I appreciate that people would like the physical items, I don't think it's the best idea because:

1. there's more than one kind of comfort in the world - not just the red stuff.

2. it's so potent that people are holding one or two pills at a time (50 is an ungodly amt, and  you can't split them - even 12 is a lot of comfort). 

3. This is just an observation, but ppl tend NOT to RP out medicine usage when they have the thing, as opposed to when they have to text RP it out and keep track of their stash. Just like the dex: Lots of ya'll would be SO dead if ya'll were RPing out the consequences of using, say, 20 amphetamines in a day. 

4. It makes ZERO sense for people to just be able to scavenge and find comfort sitting around. It's a player-manufactured item, and it's pretty much regulated & pushed by the people who created it. How would it make any sense for it to suddenly start spawning at clinics and anyone could find it? I think it would undermine the work a couple of factions put in to create the lore around it. 

Take with grains of salt.