Server time (UTC): 2019-11-21, 06:57
Sign in to follow this  
BlueTights

Temp Ban | Report PoV

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: It is.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: 

My POV: ( i'm sorry if forgotten important points but i don't remember absloutly what happend due to the fact it was a mounth ago).

I was with my friend @hadzyy on the way to meet with the other guy from our team when we saw the other girl wich at first seem friendly but later 

my friend called me in arabic wich the language our characters talked and seem nervous first i didn't listen but later on he told me on the radio so she won't hear that he recognized the girl 

and thinks she killed his sister and that she might recgonzie him as well and so asked me to handcuff her so he could take a better look at her face, later on as was seen he seem conviced that indeed

it was her so i had to side with him and take revenge by killing her.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: the cancelation of my temp ban.

What could you have done better?: indeed i understand that my friend was powergaming and didn't had any real related sister to his character (wich i didn't know back then), and i understand i didn't pass the minimum time limit of waiting before logging off.

i should've stayed at the server before logging off, i do understand it was less then 30 min but at the time didn't realized it because of my feeling of time wich felt longer and enough, i do really sorry for the "combat logging" and for sure next time will make sure i'm pass the 30 min minimum.

The reason for the big delay at application is that the ban was given a day before i traveld to india with a delegation to travel and help poor areas in the himalaya, i coudn't appeal because i had for most of the time no internet connection and when i had could use only to communicate with my family and friends back home.

Hope you will understand my situation. 😀

Hello BlueTights

We understand that real life sometimes takes time away from the community, and that's all fine. I hope you had a safe trip 🙂

Onto the verdict of said report though.

THE COMBAT LOGGING

You and your friend @hadzyy first of all broke the combat logging rule merely days before the situation in this report, and were banned for it. You broke it again, which is not good at all. We suggest that if you are in a situation where you aren't sure if you can stay online after commiting hostile actions, don't commit them. Stay as far away from them as you possibly can.

Please re-read our community rules, especially section 4.5.

4.5 Combat logging is leaving the server during or shortly after a hostile situation or when your character is still involved in active role play. After a hostile action has occurred where you were involved, you may only log out from the game after a minimum of 30 minutes have passed since you broke the line of sight with others involved in that situation. This rule can be ignored if the other players give you OK to log out earlier.

THE INVALID KILL

During the hostage situation you had no rights to execute the hostage, due to the powergaming that was in place. Hadzyy made up the whole story about the sister which obviously wasn't true at all. The powergaming invalidated the situation, and therefore invalidates your kill rights. 

Let's get hypothetical though. Say the situation had been valid and the story wasn't powergamed. The hostage complied to your demands, and you gave her little to no chance to roleplay or even redeem herself during the whole situation. It all seemed like you mostly were out to kill another player, not actually make it a fun experience for everyone. In the future, if you're in a hostile situation like this, make sure to include the hostage(s) as much as you can, so that everyone can enjoy it.

Please read up on the following rules especially:

3.7 You are not allowed to force an action, condition or belief through role play upon another players character unless the action is specifically consented to by the other player using OOC text. This is called power gaming. Certain extreme role play like rape is not allowed at all and is considered power gaming regardless of consent.

4.6 If you successfully capture a player through a hostile action and then take him into your custody, he is now considered your hostage. You must do everything in your power to keep your hostages alive and in a relatively good health. That includes protecting them from external threats like zombies and leaving them with a realistic chance of survival when they are released. A character that is taken hostage may be executed once for a hostile incident that happened in the past where the hostage was personally responsible for, or participated in a death of your ally. In any other circumstances, hostages may only be executed in the following scenarios:

Hostages do not comply with your demands after repeated requests or try to escape.

Hostages pose a direct threat to you or your group, for example by picking up a weapon when not allowed to.

Hostages do not value their life, for example they repeatedly talk back or insult you despite being told to stop.

Approved group of the hostage or their allies refuse to negotiate or open fire on hostage takers.

Demands from negotiations with approved group of the hostage have not been met after a reasonable time has elapsed.

With that said.

VERDICT

@BlueTights - Invalid Kill (Roleplayed) + Combat Logging - 5 day ban (time served) - 15 warning points

Signed @Hofer@Voodoo, @Samti & @Rover