Server time (UTC): 2019-11-12, 14:54
Sign in to follow this  
ZeroRP

How long can I hold someone hostage?

Yeah so I don’t think it’s clarified. Need clarification on two things.
1. How long can I hold someone hostage?

2. If I capture someone and intend to keep them against their will but after I log out they decide to escape can I keep initiating on them to bring them back. 

Thank you. 

9 minutes ago, Zero said:

Yeah so I don’t think it’s clarified. Need clarification on two things.
1. How long can I hold someone hostage?

2. If I capture someone and intend to keep them against their will but after I log out they decide to escape can I keep initiating on them to bring them back. 

Thank you. 

I'll throw my two cents on this,

1.) As far as I know as long as you want, so long as you are continuing to provide good roleplay to them. However you need to be respectful of the fact people have RL and may not have the ability to stay with you until you ICly want to let them go. This is a case by case thing; If you catch someone and 5 minutes later they are saying they need to log out for RL, that is different then if you catch someone and 5 hours later they say they need to go. Try to accommodate players as best you can.

2.) If they are not collaborating with the capture (Staying in the area when you are logged out because they know you'd stop them from leaving) I see no issue with continuing to initiate on them so long as you do not wind up breaking 2.3 by stifling this persons ability to do anything else then be your hostage. I'd encourage OOCly having a discourse with the player to ensure the RP stays mutually fun and bad blood isn't brewing.

Sign in to follow this