Server time (UTC): 2019-12-11, 23:17 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Zero

BAN - C H I L D - ROLEPLAY

Just ban it alreay  

148 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

29 minutes ago, Nik said:

by why avoid it when we can change it and make it better 

Except this topic is not about changing it or making it better but banning it outright. If you want to pitch ideas to help make RP better surrounding child RPers I’m all for it.

Personally I’m fine with an age restriction, I think it should be 13 and older because otherwise you’d likely not survive without someone playing your guardian/parental figure taking care of you at all times.

I’m fine with child RPers being required to either wear a specific colored armband as an OOC device to recognize them as a child on sight or requiring them to have a short emote they don’t spam so people know it’s a child as well upon interaction.

I’m perfectly fine with staff being allowed to tell child RPers to tone things down or adjust their RP if they are acting too adult or too childish as well, seems to be a big issue with some of the child RPers.

Posted (edited)

In my personal experience, I've met far more people playing unrealistic adults (with that classic Power Fantasy experience) than I have met people playing cringe kids/teenagers. And at least the latter have the excuse of being kids/teenagers.

Every single time this type of thread pops up I'm legitimately confused as to why there's such a strong push for banning the sparse few people that play kids/teenagers, as I'm fairly certain that the amount of people playing these characters can be counted on two hands. The fact that such a small fraction of the community gets so much condemnation amazes me and it always feels these threads are not so much aimed at amending the rules but rather to poke at the few people that play the underage characters in question.

I'm of the strong opinion that we should let everyone play what they want, this is a roleplaying community. We got cannibals, psychopaths, memelords and immortals (you know, the type that get shot and just keep coming back every time, because realism) running around and somehow the four or five kids/teenagers running around are the bad apples in this?

Besides, if we don't want kids/teenagers being roleplayed, then why in the hell do even allow people below 18 in this community. We've got kids playing adults and somehow that's fine. If you're somehow more comfortable seeing a IRL 16 year old playing a adult and torturing people than seeing a IRL 20+ year old playing a 15/16 year old, that's called hypocrisy. But we don't talk about that, because it's equally as sparse as people playing underage characters.

At the end of the day, I feel the real issue is that people in this community let their OOC beliefs and morals guide them ICly. Isn't the whole point of roleplay to pretend to be something you're not? I've seen plenty of people do some horrendous torture RP of which I'm sure they'd never do themselves irl yet when faced with teenagers they complain about bad quality RP because they can't handle it purely from a OOC point of view. Ya'll know that you can literally hold up and shoot the kid if you find him/her annoying, right? And that doesn't make you a questionable person because this entire community is based on make-belief. 

I suggest you all take a step back and stop taking things in a videogame so seriously, as is often suggested on other topics. If you feel its considered badRP, we have a report system with capable staff in place to determine whether the quality falls within the set rules or not.

Edited by Kenyi

@Shroud would love to talk in Discord about it to improve my Rp since this seems really important to you and I would always love to learn and get better since we never finish learning. If this means so much to you please meet me in Discord.

To be frankly honest.. I really hope this does not get passed.. 

I know a huge group of people I play with that love the majority of child chars that have existed in this universe. And my personal char I know for a fact is loved by many , but being realistic I also know my char is hated by many also.. this is ok though.. you cant please everyone.. (and to be honest im not that huge of a fan of  you people that focus on being pvp big bois wearing "Tactical black gear with white sneakers" so its K) 

RP is great as it has such a broad spectrum of people.. filtering it down and banning styles that a minority deem fit or unfit for RP will be awfully boring and bland..

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, GreenySmiley said:

@Shroud would love to talk in Discord about it to improve my Rp since this seems really important to you and I would always love to learn and get better since we never finish learning. If this means so much to you please meet me in Discord.

Not sure what i would talk to you about tbh, i'm just not a fan of child RP in the setting we play in, not shitting on you personally, i just don't think it belongs

i'd basically just be saying what i said here but in voice

Edited by Shroud

I've seen these child roleplayers over the years and I've only seen like 2 decent ones. I came across a 11 year old once with AKM and a M4 super solider few weeks back. Nothing is worse when your walking though a town and one these child roleplayers comes running up to you, you would think they are going to pull up on you as most of them are screaming. 

Ban child roleplay please. 

-User was warned for this post- 

I went to make coffee came back and there is 4 pages, I started reading them thinking there would be valid discussion but I was met with posts like this;

2 hours ago, lunathecat said:

Why would you ban any kinda roleplay. I think if we are banning anything we should ban the shitty super soldier. Or the chernarussians that go im going to rob you just because your not chernarussian.

Its two years into the infection realistically speaking the only people who would have survived would be highly trained or lucky. Some 13 year old running around with a no gun alone gonna have survived? No is the only answer to that. "Oh rickets why don't you just report them reeeeeee" Because I have better things to do than sit and report every minor thing on the server that might break the rules.

2 hours ago, lunathecat said:

@Pepper maybe people wanna ban it because they have secret fetishes and they are afraid of being exposed 

You must really have a screw loose if you think that. If anything anyone who plays as a child doesn't want their weird fetishes stopped which is the only explanation as to why you are so against this.

Theres another post about banning hostile RP and fetishism and that isn't entirely incorrect however those people who see it like that stay off in the corner of the map and do it to eachother. Majority of hostile RP is done for no other reason than hostile RP and enjoying that style of character. 

The whole counter argument for this is bollocks to be quite frank, you want to roleplay as a minor in a videogame what is alright with that? Not only does it make little to no sense you're the one running around ruining other peoples experience.

@lunathecat In this thread you're trying to put yourself across as some superior roleplayer but all my encounters with you i've had to walk away. But other people seem to have covered that now that i've read through the post slurping my coffee. I was gonna go off on more of a rant but people are just getting humiliated at this point so i'll take my leave.

I'm leaning towards a +1 for this. Honestly think teenagers wouldn't be bad but some of the so called "Child" characters that I've run into over the years make me question my existence.

Just some character tropes I see all the time that just throw me off and make it hard to take the situation seriously:

The kid with the 6+ split personalities.

The 11~ year old with knowledge and speech equivalent to a philosopher or college professor.

12 year old Machine gun totting Susie who knows every part of every weapon in Chernarus.

The 16-18 year olds who sound like my cousins preschoolers.

The genetically bio-engineered assassin from the future.

Almost every one of them afraid of nothing. Overuse of the desensitized excuse. e.g. Watches their guardian decapitated, responds with little to no expression.

I could go on but I think I make my point. If you're going to play a kid, could you at least not all be child savant/paranormal demon/supersoldiers.

That being said I have seen a few people pull off kids very well. But from my personal experience they're outweighed by the oddities.

So what do people expect happens if it gets banned anyways? People with current child characters suddenly have to PK? People before the ban would get grandfathered in and allowed? Personally I’m fine with staff having to approve kid characters, if that many people have issues with them then let the staff regulate it.

Well this went south quickly.

Closing the thread for post review.

Banning this will infact mean you are preventing someone from playing a character they wish to portray on the server. So we would be powergaming that member of the community.

There is a real simple answer to this guys:

3.2 Your character must behave realistically and appropriately to the different situations you participate in, keeping the current world situation and context of post-apocalyptic world in mind.

All you have to do is make a report for BadRP if you deem their RP to be unrealistic or report it for trolling if you believe the community member is acting in a trolling way. 

Reports are not there simply to punish they are there to get a better concept of the RP on the server and help to identify potential issues within the rules that need to be updated.

Ok. We've reviewed the posts in this thread, and we're hesitant with reopening it due to the nature of the discussion, and it seemed to get heated fast.

Calling other community members pedophiles or telling them that they do shit RP is not acceptable. Keep this topic sivil from now on.

I will reopen the thread for now, however let this be the first and final warning. If anyone is found flaming or posting unecessary posts this thread will be locked and warning points will be handed out swiftly.

Thread reopened.

3 hours ago, lunathecat said:

@AndreyQewhat i said was in response to this comment please read the topic fully before trying to flame ❤️

I have no intent to flame you. I just find it odd that a minor ERPing with others is now calling people that wanna banned childRP pedophiles. Is a stretch and a half and quite a horrible attitude to have against people doing nothing but express their opinion about it.

I for one had some good interactions with kids and some that were an absolute disappointment. Like when I met your kid character that was big dicking around. An adult literally punched you (not slapped) but punch you, and your response was to fight back, because that is definitely what 13 years old would do.

This is the problem that people have with this RP. Constant unrealistic behavior and all around unenjoyable interactions that makes people wanna close the game.

We're not banning child roleplay, if people RP pedophilia on the server, report them.

We will not be implementing a rule that disallows people to RP the way they want to. If somebody wants to play a younger character, they should be able to.

The attitude I see portrayed by some people on this thread is honestly disappointing. 
In addition to reporting someone if you deem their RP is trolly or not up to our standards, in minor cases you could also just PM someone and let them know how they could improve their RP as a younger character instead of openenly shaming everyone who enjoys the RP style of a character younger than 17.

We're a community of people who have all come here for the same reason so we should be pushing eachother further and helping eachother improve our RP. Instead threads are created shaming a group of people that enjoy a specific type of RP. If you have a problem with someone's roleplay either take it to PM's with them or create a report if it's worthy of a report.