Server time (UTC): 2019-11-22, 06:28
Sign in to follow this  
Zero

BAN - C H I L D - ROLEPLAY

Just ban it alreay  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, lunathecat said:

have you ran into adult characters that make you cringe? @Nik

why shouldnt kids be allowed nik?

Why should @GreenySmiley that has been playing this character since last year. why should her character be against the rules?

Because you are banning her character not some guy you ran into 3 months ago that doesn't even play still

like I said its about the majority of the sever not one or two who can supposedly do it well by ones opinion 

people see a kid roleplayin and they want nothing to do with em , you want less hi and byes on the sever get rid of this weird un creative rp 

you don't need to be playing a child to stand out or to be a unique character

Posted (edited)

@Dr Brandon Apples and oranges much?

Cyborga made up thing  and children a very real thing

@Nik your right but is every i had a hard childhood so im a badass more unique 

Edited by lunathecat

Just now, lunathecat said:

Children in a Apocalypse? Cyborg in a Apocalypse? Sounds like the same likelihood. 
Children would be dead in the apocalypse. I say this because I'm a 23 year old man and I can tell you I wouldn't be able to live through this shit. And your over here saying kids would live through it? Yeah right. 

"Some do it well but we should ban it nethertheless cause some people can't rp out being a child correctly."

Well that basically goes for any other kind of rp too. Some people can't rp a bandit good... some people can't rp a normal survivor good... some people can't rp a soldier good. Should we ban those rp types too cause there are people who don't do it correctly?

People like @Brayces, @Malthis, @GreenySmiley and a whole lot other people are doing a great job. 

4 minutes ago, lunathecat said:

@Nik your right but is every i had a hard childhood so im a badass more unique 

telling a story through backstory for a persons childhood and playing the child are different 

Posted (edited)

Is it really that deep, like is this issue triggering you so much that you can’t sleep, it’s a game at the end of the day and we are an RP community let people RP what they want. 
The amount of super soliders I have run into that have fallen out the sky or they’re ac130 crash landed, it’s ok for that but not someone to play as a child? When they have 0 mil experience and think they are Rambo.
I do think tho, if you are playing as a child you should play it correctly, no small child is walking around wearing a plate carrier and holding an m4 that weighs more then them, so you could in turn report them for bad rp. 
I don’t really see an issue with people RPing as children as long as it’s done correctly and tastefully 

Edited by ne_om

Posted (edited)

yes child soldiers are a very real and sad thing. but a child that is care for living in the apocalypses is  a fantasy @Dr Brandon

Edited by lunathecat

1 minute ago, Lyca said:

"Some do it well but we should ban it nethertheless cause some people can't rp out being a child correctly."

Well that basically goes for any other kind of rp too. Some people can't rp a bandit good... some people can't rp a normal survivor good... some people can't rp a soldier good. Should we ban those rp types too cause there are people who don't do it correctly?

People like @Brayces, @Malthis, @GreenySmiley and a whole lot other people are doing a great job. 

ok difference is people rather rp with a soldier or "normal survivor" doing it somewhat badly then deal with an a older individual playing a child with good rp or not. 

its the stigma

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Shroud said:

Child RP is hella weird and i feel like some people just got some cringe ass child fetish they wanna act out in a roleplay server

please get it outta here

@AndreyQewhat i said was in response to this comment please read the topic fully before trying to flame ❤️

Edited by lunathecat

-User has been warned for this post- 

2 minutes ago, lunathecat said:

@AndreyQewhat i said was in response to this comment please read the topic fully before trying to flame ❤️

hes not flaming he pointing out a valid point to not name call

Point is you want less hi and byes, you want more consistent rp with a story, get rid of children cause no one wants to interact with them good rp or not 

Posted (edited)

I dont see how getting rid of children will help there be less hi and byes
Stop using your friends group as the opinion of the whole server.

Edited by lunathecat

Just now, lunathecat said:

I dont see how getting rid of children will help there be less hi and byes

guy1: "hey how are you" 

Child: *child voice* "hey"

guy1: "ok see ya stay safe"

clear it up?

7 minutes ago, Dr Brandon said:

I would link the clip but who ever streamed it deleted the vod once the event was brought up.

That would be me. I deleted it because I was completely weirded out by it. Didn't want it shared around with my name on it when I was only a bystander and dragged into an rp situation that I was not comfortable with... which has happened several times when around children being rp'd. 

the only successful people to play children, at least in my eyes is @Malthis, @GreenySmiley and @Brayces. The other children i have encountered have been rather trolly or not realistically roleplayed. They are also the only ones to have never made a situation around them as uncomfortable and weird as some of the ones ive heard about or seen myself. So props to these three for being able to roleplay their characters fantastically. 

Unfortunately for them, the bad taste of other child roleplayers results in threads like this. It sucks that they would have to be penalized for the actions of others.

i think there needs to either be stricter rules in regards to child roleplay or an age limit placed on (i think 16/17). 

unfortunately threads like this pop up all the time and then nothing happens and another will pop up a few weeks later. 

Most time people do annoying ass voices for kids when they RP them, I'd be fine with kidRP if they sounded like a normal fucking human being and not like a squeezed hamster. Just avoid it if you don't like it, much like any other kind of interaction.

Just now, APositiveElmo said:

Most time people do annoying ass voices for kids when they RP them, I'd be fine with kidRP if they sounded like a normal fucking human being and not like a squeezed hamster. Just avoid it if you don't like it, much like any other kind of interaction.

by why avoid it when we can change it and make it better 

Just now, Nik said:

by why avoid it when we can change it and make it better 

Doubt you can but if you do I'll clap for you.

Posted (edited)

People be out here roleplaying as 13 year olds but got the mouth of a 25 year old and won't shut it. If you roleplay under the age of 15 I don't know chief thats kinda weird

Also got to love the "You see a kid, looks to be around 12-13, shaggy hair. With a limp and a black eye" when I see that shit chances are I don't wanna roleplay with you and please leave me the fuck alone

image.png.2ec156b1f90baf5e618f8f02282cfdbf.png

Edited by JorrdanVC

I agree with the people saying putting a 16+ age requirement. It's weird when you run around in a wasteland and someone is role playing a child. How am i suppose to react when this child is as tall as me and speaks like a toddler especially with the two characters one being an alcoholic and the other a spiteful dude who goes out of his way to make peoples lives a living hell

What if i accidentally offer a 6 foot child a drink from my vodka. 

@Shroud you can claim that but most people that have even met me confuse me with someone else constantly... so if you did maybe be sure to give an example and if it the voice bad luck there that would not change XD

Is this topic really that much off an issue for so many? Its not like there are busloads of 10 year olds roaming in south zagoria. I dont think I've ever met a 10 year old on the server ever, even less played by an cringy, old dude. 

A "No" to the ban from me for the following reasons:

1. Child chars are a vast minority and even when seen as cringy by some, barely a problem worth a ban by rules.

2. Most child RPers like the ones tagged do an excellent job by playing that role with skill and dignity, adding to other peoples and groups storyline and RP. In hundreds of hours of RP I can maybe recall one child char that gave me a headache due to the voice. Other char groups so that way more often.

3. The Realism argument "They wouldnt survive" is a slippery slope and can be, depending on personal feelings be expanded onto other groups that would have reduced chances of survival based on personal view: pacifists, vegetarians or even people that dont know how to shoot. Where do we draw the line here? Fact is children throughout history have survived in some of the most hostile environments possible and survived. Why wouldnt some survive this Apocalypse here?

4. Last but not least is the question for a ban way to less specific. I see people talk about all different ages but what is even meant with child RP? 16? 18? 21? I agree a six year old would have a bad time but the phrasing of the thread title is really vague. 

I don't think that child RP should be banned.

For example, I remember one character of @lunathecat that was great, and it was a child.

She had been a used as a experiment by a scientist in Cherno. She barely spoke, and she would always keep a spear on her hands. Eventually the character developed, and she became "adopted" by Dean Lockwood and Ryan.

It was original, I liked that!

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, GreenySmiley said:

@Shroud you can claim that but most people that have even met me confuse me with someone else constantly... so if you did maybe be sure to give an example and if it the voice bad luck there that would not change XD

I mean I've met your character multiple times, your child RP and child RP in general is odd so every time i hear the voice i just nope outta there

It's just not enjoyable

Edited by Shroud

If staff sets up an age limit, lets say 16+ ... it would a) only restrict people ig & b) it would not change shit since there are 17 year olds behaving like 5 year olds out there.

Come on guys, isn't everyone adult old enough to deal with things he or she might be confronted with in the server? If you don't like a certain rp type - fucking hell, it is a game , grit your teeth and get it over with and try that without ruining the experience for the other party. That is what it takes to keep a certain diversity within the servers along with community members working together to create a role play process. Sounds crazy, I know. 

I think playing a younger character or "child-rp" comes along with a main issue, other rp types like ... hostile rp, nationalist rp, campfire rp, cannibal-rp, psycho-rp ... and many more, show too:

if done shit people will generalize it and cry on the forums.