Server time (UTC): 2019-11-12, 12:18
Sign in to follow this  
ZeroRP

BAN - C H I L D - ROLEPLAY

Just ban it alreay  

144 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posted (edited)

Zero my friend we're a dying breed.

+1, get them out of the server. Maybe like, 15 as a limit or some shit because I can believe that but 10 year olds running around is fucking weird.

Edited by Squillium

Child characters are one of the most annoying thing I see IG please ban.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Squillium said:

Zero my friend we're a dying breed.

+1, get them out of the server. Maybe like, 15 as a limit or some shit because I can believe that but 10 year olds running around is fucking weird.

I say nothing below 18. Make RP great again. 

Edited by Zero

Posted (edited)

I wont disagree that it can be pretty weird and unrealistic at times. I will also say I have met child characters in the past who were played REALLY WELL but I have also met some that were not. So I feel that is a pretty grey area.

At the end of the day I don't necessarily think it needs a ban but I would agree with you that it is weird, sometimes cringey etc. So unless it is done REALLY WELL then maybe just stick to the norm. The player models as you said don't support child characters, if you want to do something a bit more unique you could go for an elderly character again which some people do REALLY WELL and other times not. 

I say props to these people for giving it a shot but sometimes it just doesn't work out or vibe with people. And if you are going to try it, reflect on yourself first, ask yourself if your aged 24 year old voice is going to work at all as a child, a realistic child at that. Again if it's gonna be done it just needs to be done REALLY WELL.

Edited by Glitch

Posted (edited)

Ever met a 14 year old with an M4 and a Winchester model 70 on her back and was told that an area is toxic and not safe to enter but she goes anyway to save a Teddy Bear? I have. Never again. There is a player that plays an flamboyant 14 year old boy in shorts and it's fucked up. Please get rid of child characters! At least no characters younger than 18. I'm sorry but RPing with grown adults that play children just makes me very uncomfortable. Especially when they start talking. My God it's cringy. 

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

3 minutes ago, Glitch said:

I wont disagree that it can be pretty weird and unrealistic at times. I will also say I have met child characters in the past who were played REALLY WELL but I have also met some that were not. So I feel that is a pretty grey area.

At the end of the day I don't necessarily think it needs a ban but I would agree with you that it is weird, sometimes cringey etc. So unless it is done REALLY WELL then maybe just stick to the norm. The player models as you said don't support child characters, if you want to do something a bit more unique you could go for an elderly character again which some people do REALLY WELL and other times not. 

I say props to these people for giving it a shot but sometimes it just doesn't work out or vibe with people. And if you are going to try it, reflect on yourself first, ask yourself if your aged 24 year old voice is going to work at all as a child, a realistic child at that. Again if it's gonna be done it just needs to be done REALLY WELL.

If something needs to be conditionally done in order to make it tolerable, it shouldn't be there in the first place because most who do it are simply really, REALLY, fucking annoying. Breaks the RP mostly because some characters who wouldn't have hurt a kid have killed them because they were simply intolerable. It should be just bad RP, plain and simple. Remove them from the server. +1

I think it should be restricted, but If people want to do a child character they should get staff approval and should at least be 16-17. If they want to go lower (14-15) they must follow a set of rule's of what not to do. 

Posted (edited)
Just now, GunRunnee02 said:

I think it should be restricted, but If people want to do a child character they should get staff approval and should at least be 16-17. If they want to go lower (14-15) they must follow a set of rule's of what not to do. 

Sounds too complicated and would put strain on an already strained staff system. Easier to ban it.

Edited by Zero

I would be more then happy with placing a 16+ age limit on characters.

Yeah it's shit. 

In the apocalypse we'd probably hide or kill the kids anyway. Oh yeah and because we have perverts who are grown ass adults who get off on the sexual tension of playing as children, which is further down the ladder of degeneracy along with people who RP as the opposite gender and get off physically on ERP. We aren't here to recreate realistic existence, or to cater to fuck fantasies. 

Plus the character models are too damn big anyways. 

21 minutes ago, Zero said:

I say nothing below 18. Make RP great again. 

I'd say 16, anything below that makes me cringe

I agree. Recently I had an interaction with people at Green Mountain and a male who was standing there suddenly emoted *you see a child about 12 years of age* or something similar. My first thought was ok this is why he's acting so strange, my second one was well that emote should've come in way sooner because that's like vital information, and then lastly I thought he's by himself, acting shy and scared, how the fuck is he not dead yet? The situations just crumbled into nonsense to me when all the pieces were put together.

Posted (edited)

I would be happy with a 16+ age limit cause to be truthful anyone younger wouldnt stand a change or would have been hidden away for safety reasons. I know it creeps me out and i sometimes dont take their rp seriously and their voice goes right through me like nails on a chalkboard 

Edited by Scarlett

Shit's weird and whack. I don't want to see it ever again. They don't even act like kids, they act like anime characters.

33 minutes ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

Ever met a 14 year old with an M4 and a Winchester model 70 on her back and was told that an area is toxic and not safe to enter but she goes anyway to save a Teddy Bear? I have. Never again. There is a player that plays an flamboyant 14 year old boy in shorts and it's fucked up. Please get rid of child characters! At least no characters younger than 18. I'm sorry but RPing with grown adults that play children just makes me very uncomfortable. Especially when they start talking. My God it's cringy. 

Plus what is described here is nasty.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Chernon said:

Shit's weird and whack. I don't want to see it ever again. They don't even act like kids, they act like anime characters.

Plus what is described here is nasty.

Oh God you are not wrong. The Child RP is cringy at best. Disgusting if not worse. I'd be fine with innocent adults or maybe innocent teenagers but 17 at the oldest for me. 

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

Posted (edited)

Fine... weighing in on this, even if it feels very cringe for me... playing a 10 year old is creep. Playing a young adult can actually be really fun and rewarding if done right. point of fact. there have been a couple good players who can manage to pull off a decent 13-15 year old. but honestly outside of that it's hard for much of the community to relate to a player character who is any younger than. 

I cant speak for players who themselves are playing in a child role play setting but will say that I have seen a good handful of people actually pull it off in a tasteful manor. mind you I have not even seen anyone play younger then mid / late teens and I log plenty of hours in character. Within reason, I doubt it's much of a concern to begin with ... I don't condone someone playing as a 10 year old but reasonably the average age I have seen from this subset of our community is about 15-16. (give or take a couple years)
there are still members within the community who do actually log several hundred hours on their current characters and have become known, even cherished members.  

Edited by Pepper

Honestly, child rp is very cringe and i really think that it should be banned as it was given its chance and it was never done right.

As a girl start at 13 earliest (girls are grown out to their final size between 11 and 14 mostly) Unless you wish to remove women completely because we would also be at similar disadvantage to guys out there. And the Rp itself depends on the Roleplayer because some you didn't enjoy or understand was something you met doesn't mean they would play that same thing as adult any better. 

One of the many reasons I choose to play a kid was because i constantly kept getting asked if i was one or assumed to be one just by my natural voice unless i tried really hard to make it sound more sure of herself....  if everyone always assumes I am one then might as well and OOC I am 30.. so too bad even if i played an adult you would have to live with my voice cause i am sorry but its tough to keep up talking in a more full voice, when I panic or am really happy i naturally get a high pitch.. NATURALLY so life with it.

As a guy start at whatever age you think they are grown or would fit the character model, but again its up to the Rper how they do it. If you think the RP they give is not up to standard ask them to explain themselves, it could surprise you what you might learn... just because you have not seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Ask them to be serious about the rp if they want to keep doing it or report them....

No to complete Ban 

But obviously keep it to something possible.

My child character is grown and taller then other women currently in the game just check character pages... if my child should die are you saying short women would not live either?

2 hours ago, Zero said:

1. It's weird okay?
  2.  The game doesn't support a child character model.
  3. The role-play is frankly borderline creepy and not needed.
  4. Many of the people sound like regular adults and never emote being a child, thus people are put in awkward situations when RPing with said characters.

1. Your personal feelings about the situation don't have any bearing on the discussion. If you're weirded out by RP with child RPers remove yourself from the area. Go interact with someone else, it's the same scenario with any RP that you are uncomfortable with.

2. You're correct that there is no child character models currently, over on the QRP community that was around in the past all child RPers were required to wear a yellow armband to easily be identifying on sight, this is something that could easily be done again to remedy this until some form of customization is implemented in the future allowing a height bar slider.

3.Once again your own personal opinion, not everyone sees it as creepy. Start reporting issues that you have with child RPers so that staff can talk with them directly about their RP if you have issues with specific individuals because like everyone that RPs, one person should not be found guilty of another's actions.

4. Report it to staff or take the time to find out who they are and perhaps send them a recommendation OOC on discord to emote it. I always make sure that people I first meet are aware that my character is slightly shorter and a teen, and honestly I do emotes for my adults as well to make people aware of things such as tattoos, tall characters, and physical abnormalities such as scars.

This discussion is old and pops up every so many weeks and it's tiresome. Stop condemning all RPers of a specific type based off the actions of some. If you care this much to try to ban something, then take the time to go out of your way and talk to those individuals or bring it to staff attention so they can remedy the issue, I've played my child character on DayZRP since the days of tortuga and I understand not everyone can do a child character properly, people need to understand that people are going to treat them different, and the person RPing a child needs to understand they wield a certain amount of power over others as well that they need to not abuse as well such as taking advantage of the real scenario of people trying to protect children in an apocalyptic setting. I'd be fine if certain rulesets were put in place to help govern child RP so that people could do it better, and one of them would be the realism that a child under the age of 13 is likely going to not survive without someone who is specifically meant to take care of them as their guardian...but limiting someone from playing under 16? Most countries use children as soldiers at a younger age then that, there are countries where you are an adult far before you even reach that age...

Posted (edited)

Child RP is hella weird and i feel like some people just got some cringe ass child fetish they wanna act out in a roleplay server

please get it outta here

Edited by Shroud

Why would you ban any kinda roleplay. I think if we are banning anything we should ban the shitty super soldier. Or the chernarussians that go im going to rob you just because your not chernarussian.

-User has been warned for this post-

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Shroud said:

Child RP is hella weird and i feel like some people just got some cringe ass child fetish they wanna act out in a roleplay server

please get it outta here

But can you prove that there are players out there doing this or is this an assumption? it's honestly not so cut and dry as saying that all players who child RP are doing it for kink. 
 Logical conclusion is if you see someone and can tell that they are abusing it against server rules, report them to staff. you also have the right In game to walk away from a situation you do not want your character to be part of... 

Edited by Pepper

-User has been warned for this post-