Server time (UTC): 2019-11-13, 08:32
Sign in to follow this  
obidan66

S1: Invalid execution, BadRP, Rule Play, 2.3 / 4.4 - 03.10.2019 21:20 GMT+1

Posted (edited)

I wish this post to be reviewed by any other staff member than JimRP as his opinion on the situation will be clearly biased.

Server and location: Near Vybor at Anarchy's checkpoint

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 21:20 GMT+1

Your in-game name: Daniel Sedy

Names of allies involved: N/A

Name of suspect/s: Dimitri Tasarov, Fae Williams, and pretty much the entirety of the Anarchy.

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): Yeah, like 8 people witnessed this.

Detailed description of the events: I was approached by a Fae Williams, telling me to head to Vybor to get a gun licence for my stuff, to which I replied "Fuck that, I dont abide by Anarchy's rules". I was the gun pointed and taken hostage to the Anarchy checkpoint. On the way there a group of Anarchy members met up with Fae, among them Dimitri Tasarov, which clearly recognized me from a previous encounter in which I died, ignoring NLR or at the very least bending it in some way, clearly saying that Im the same person from before, even though I was killed and NLR should apply. I complied with their orders and requests the entire time, I was stripped of most of my gear and tied up. Then I was executed by a salvo of bullets form Dimitri's gun. They asked me why I was "Shit talking the Anarchy" to which I always truthfully replied that I find their faction hypocritical and dont agree with their views, for which I was executed.

This is in clear violation of execution rights on hostages as I was never told to cease voicing my opinion, rather I was ordered to explain it further, which ultimately led to my killed.

The fact that a senior staff member of this community is not only responsible for the rule breaking but also violates the basic rules of Roleplay such as NLR is simply disappointing and in any respectable community should be unacceptable. 

In summary, I should not have been executed as I have done only as I was told to and was never told to stop voicing my opinion, actually I was told to do it and question about it. Also Dimitri's roleplay was poor at best, the portrayal of his character was simply disappointing as he acted more like a an ego crazed average DayZ player on an official server of the game. Then we have a case of clear rule play, the rules stating: 

4.4 Hostile situations must focus on the role play experience of both attackers and victims. Both sides should actively participate and contribute to role play in all situations, any disputes or issues can be discussed and resolved afterwards.

As an attacker you may NOT:

Attack other players just for the sake of gear by doing a quick robbery that involves little to no role play. 

Anarchy's plan to bypass this rule is clearly based upon the fact that they force every player to own their "Gun Licence" otherwise they will be robbed if they are in possession of a weapon. Not only is this not stated anywhere on their Forums Group Page but also is simply a way for them to rob people with EXTREMELY little roleplay involved just based exactly weather or not they have Gear. I find this to be a clear way of Rule Play, simply making a shortcut to play the game in a way that at first glance isnt against the rules but at the very base bring exactly 0 roleplay to anyone. Because if you dont agree with them, they will rob you or kill you as in my case. 

Initiating on them is never really a possibility as they only really travel in packs and are heavily outnumbering anyone else and simply being smart and taking them out from distance is against the rules of engagement here, so an average player who just wants to go around and meet and people, do some hunting  and survive will very soon discover that he's being utterly and completely fucked.

2.3 Be a good sport. Do not focus on PvP aspect of the game and attack everything that moves just because you can or are good at it. Remember that not many players will enjoy being constantly attacked, therefore you should not dominate other groups or players into submission to a point where they can no longer accomplish their regular role play or enjoy the game.

(I am not even going to mention the fact that his character is supposed to be a native to Chernarus and yet he uses the "N" word in every single sentence, not even trying to come close to portraying his character as it should be, rather it resembles more a gangster from downtown Compton)

Edited by obidan66

Posted (edited)

G19 POV: I executed you, not dimitri. We take this guy hostage earlier in the day, he talks big shit the whole time about how he can and would kill me if he wasn’t a hostage, so we untie him, give him his gun and he agrees to go one on one with me. It ends badly for him, I kill him. Subsequently he posts flame on our group thread and gets pointed. We then find him talking big shit again, take him hostage again, I explained to him what happened earlier and that if he continues to shit talk I would do it again. I tell him to stop one last time before he continues bad mouthing, calling us stupid and hypocritical, I have had enough and he has shown nothing but NVFL towards us the whole time, so I execute him after the multiple warnings.

All of the complaints toward JimRP above are null, as he is mistaking me for Jim. Jim showed up in the last 5 seconds of the situation to spit on him before I executed him. 

Edited by G19RP

First of all, I dont see how a previous situation should be relevant to this one? Thats why its called NLR - New Life Rule, please learn its meaning. Since we've never met before our first encounter and our first encounter which lasted about 15 minutes at best and resulted in my death, means that we have no previous memories you could remember, therefore the next you meet me the most you can say is "You sound familiar." because at that point I am a different person and we've never met before. I hope that NLR will be much easier for you now.

Secondly, flame you? You call this flame? I call this a perfectly valid opinion that a person can have.  https://i.imgur.com/XiuKQkM.png

Lastly, you didnt warn me a single time to stop talking. Actually you encouraged me to keep explaining, several of your members even asking me "Why did you think its smart to talk shit?" me responding every time "Because I believe it and it is my opinion." At the end of being questioned, no warnings to me were issued, Not A Single One. If you had told me to shut me mouth, I would've.

xdxdxdxdx.png

Connection Logs

Spoiler

18:12:18 | Player "Daniel Sedy" is connected
-DEAD-
19:25:10 | Player "Daniel Sedy" has been disconnected
19:59:38 |Player "Daniel Sedy" is connected
-STILL IN GAME-

18:47:02 | Player "Zac Grayson" is connected
19:48:58 | Player "Zac Grayson" is connected
-STILL IN GAME-

18:19:26 | Player "Sassy Sassov" is connected
19:42:31 | Player "Sassy Sassov" is connected
19:43:43 | Player "Sassy Sassov" is connected
19:46:15 | Player "Sassy Sassov" is connected
-STILL IN GAME-

18:30:09 | Player "Dimitri Tarasov" is connected
19:44:06 | Player "Dimitri Tarasov" is connected
19:46:40 | Player "Dimitri Tarasov" is connected
-STILL IN GAME-

19:42:30 | Player "Lilianna Grey" is connected
19:43:43 | Player "Lilianna Grey" is connected
19:46:14 | Player "Lilianna Grey" is connected
-STILL IN GAME-

18:23:53 | Player "Fae Williams" is connected
19:46:56 | Player "Fae Williams" is connected
-STILL IN GAME-

Hit Logs

Spoiler

19:24:59 | Player "Daniel Sedy" hit by Player "Zac Grayson" with M4A1 from 1.7758 meters 
19:24:59 | Player "Daniel Sedy" hit by Player "Zac Grayson" with M4A1 from 1.7758 meters 
19:25:00 | Player "Daniel Sedy" hit by Player "Zac Grayson" with M4A1 from 1.7758 meters 
19:25:00 | Player "Daniel Sedy" hit by Player "Zac Grayson" with M4A1 from 1.7758 meters 
19:25:00 | Player "Daniel Sedy" hit by Player "Zac Grayson" with M4A1 from 2.5058 meters 
19:25:00 | Player "Daniel Sedy" hit by Player "Zac Grayson" with M4A1 from 2.5058 meters 
19:25:01 | Player "Daniel Sedy" hit by Player "Zac Grayson" with M4A1 from 3.21785 meters 
19:25:01 | Player "Daniel Sedy" hit by Player "Zac Grayson" with M4A1 from 3.21785 meters 
19:25:06 | Player "Daniel Sedy" hit by Player "Sassy Sassov" with M4A1 from 1.64511 meters 
19:25:06 | Player "Daniel Sedy" hit by Player "Sassy Sassov" with M4A1 from 1.64511 meters 
19:25:07 | Player "Daniel Sedy" hit by Player "Sassy Sassov" with M4A1 from 1.64511 meters 
19:25:07 | Player "Daniel Sedy" hit by Player "Sassy Sassov" with M4A1 from 1.64511 meters 
19:25:12 | Player "Unknown/Dead Entity" hit by Player "Sassy Sassov" with M417 from 1.65025 meters 
19:25:12 | Player "Unknown/Dead Entity" hit by Player "Sassy Sassov" with M417 from 1.65025 meters 
19:27:10 | Player "Dimitri Tarasov" hit by Player "Zac Grayson"  into Head(0) for 0.455 damage (MeleeFist)

Kill Logs

Spoiler

19:24:59 | Player "Daniel Sedy" (DEAD) killed by Player "Zac Grayson" with M4A1 from 1.7758 meters

Chat Logs

Spoiler

None

Calling in the following players for their point of view, and any video evidence they may have.

OP & ALLIES

@obidan66 - Daniel Sedy - OP

ACCUSED & ALLIES

@G19RP - Zac Grayson -  Posted

@SassyRP - Sassy Sassov - Posted

@JimRP - Dimitri Tarasov - Posted

@PhoenyxxRP - Lilianna Grey - Posted

@Fae - Fae Williams - Posted

@obidan66 - Please note that no staff members that are involved in the group or the incident are allowed to review or be involved in the report process other then to post their POV's.

That’s not how NLR works at all. You cannot remember the situation, but I remember every aspect of it as I survived. If you read the rules you will understand that. I recognized your voice ICly, I knew it was you.

All in all you have a reputation of huge shit talk with us, you did it again this time around, you were given the chance to stop, you failed to do so and were shot. Simple as.

I walked in, spat at OP, then he was shortly gunned down. We would like to talk about this on Discord if you want @obidan66.

We take the OP hostage and start walking down to the CP while walking down we tell him not to trash talk he starts talking shit on the way down to the checkpoint while we are giving him a lot of warnings not to when we get to the checkpoint he is still talking shit so G19 gasses him.

Fae Williams PoV:

I was not the one who approached you, that would have been @PhoenyxxRP. My Canadian counterpart ❤️

I ran up as you were tied up inside the base and identified you as one of the guys at Altar who was shit talking Anarchy. Jim approached you and spat at you. I stepped back as there was a lot of people in the same area, you were shot. I didn't hear what was said, I wasn't really paying much attention.

2 minutes ago, Fae said:

Fae Williams PoV:

I was not the one who approached you, that would have been @PhoenyxxRP. My Canadian counterpart ❤️

I ran up as you were tied up inside the base and identified you as one of the guys at Altar who was shit talking Anarchy. Jim approached you and spat at you. I stepped back as there was a lot of people in the same area, you were shot. I didn't hear what was said, I wasn't really paying much attention.

Fair enough, thank you for the clarification and apologies of wrongly accusing you. 

Posted (edited)

POV: 

I was headed to Stary through the fields to go save old man falk from hunger since he can’t feed himself when a flash of white is running beside me. Daniel passed in front of me and yelled out a friendly hello. Seeing as I had to go save the old man, couldn’t give him a proper run down however before I could say anything he says “Im assuming your anarchy because of your armband”. I reply with a confident “Yes”. He then says “Alright then im out” in a rather aggressive, i dont want to speak to you tone. This sparks my interest but, gotta go give food to my comrade, however when i give a very friendly “Hey dont forget to stop by the checkpoint if you haven’t” this Daniel guy proceeds to say “Fuck that”, so i question him with “Uh what?” and then he proceeds to say he “doesn’t abide by Anarchy, fuck them”. So I radio the group and proceed to kindly ask the man to throw his hands in the air. 

I give a few pop shots for my back up to come to me as I ask the man to proceed to walk to the checkpoint. When he was with me, he hestiated several times to do what I asked “Walk forward”/Questions I asked. 

When some of the members came, he stopped several times when asked to keep moving. He continued to badmouth Anarchy, and act cocky as if to show little fear. From the moment he realized I was Anarchy, he seemed to have a “i dont want to deal with you” attitude. When I pointed a gun to his face, this continued as well. He showed no fear at all to have a rifle pointed at him. 

As we walked back to the checkpoint with our new hostage, he was asked several questions in which I have no idea if he was tabbing out to get answers to or what, but once asked about what the capital of Chernarus is he’d stop walking and wouldn’t answer us. We had to repeat ourselves SEVERAL times to get answers from him. Again he showed little fear that his life clung in the hands of people he continually mocked and was acting cocky too. 

It just so happens that G19 recognizes this dude from an encounter earlier. G19 explains the situation to him, but even still Daniel continues to be cocky about Anarchy and how we do things. As we get him to the checkpoint, Fae arrived and made note that this guy was someone who was shit talking Anarchy earlier at Altar (she had radio’d in earlier in the day to tell us this as well). He was severely outnumbered and still remained to be cocky and give attitude after he was told several times he needed to stop doing that. Still coming at Anarchy and saying we were hypocritical, Jim came and spat on him literally within the last 5 seconds before he was executed (for continuing to be cocky and give attitude towards us and just shit talking us).

The entire time he showed no fear nor did he show value for his life. He seen my armband knew who I was when he proceeded to tell me in the beginning that “Fuck that”, he knew very well what would happen if he bad mouthed us. He then provided some pretty bad roleplay in my opinion when we were forced to repeat ourselves several times and he continued to stop several times on our very short walk to the checkpoint. 

So I don't believe there was a invalid execution as you failed to meet our demands several times and we were pretty lenient and gave you numerous chances to drop the attitude and snarky remarks towards us.

I also don't believe there was any badrp, the only badrp was technically from you as you continued to stop and not answer us several different times. Ignoring us or tabbing out or doing whatever, but it didn't appear you were focused on the roleplay happening with you.

Bringing up 4.4 - doesn’t really make sense. We did not hold you up for your gear at all. I held you up because you literally told me ‘you weren’t going to abide’ by my groups ideals/rules. Your gear was taken off you to make sure you had no weapons and weren’t going to pull a fast one on us. Earlier today you posted on our group thread and flamed us, which leads me to believe that your claim against 4.4 and 2.3 is clearly just driven by OOC hate/opinion.

We have no plan to bypass any rule. We have made it very clear through broadcasts icly and on the forums and through word of mouth that we are actively making people get gun licenses. Most people have actually complied to this demand and have come and gotten some pretty good roleplay out of us. So i think its a little unfair and extremely bias of you to say that its a clear ruleplay and that there is little roleplay done when we rob people or that our motives for gun licenses bring 0 roleplay. I spent hours last night at the check point roleplaying with a whole bunch of different people. We fished, talked, made gardens. All because they complied with our ic rules. They didnt immediately say fuck no to us. Unfortunately there are consequences to actions when you refuse to do what we want, that's what a hostile group is all about.

So no, there is no ruleplay either

You also claim that initiating on us is never a possibility. That's probably the most untrue thing i’ve heard. Most of the time we are in smaller groups, or even I myself have traveled alone. I was travelling alone when I met you. There's also plenty of options to go against a large group, many have done it in the past. This is clearly another case driven by some OOC opinions on the group.

As for the 2.3 part of your report. Again, I did not target you when I initiated on you. I was very pleasant and didn’t even have holding you up on my mind when you passed by me. I had no focus on PVP nor did I target you specifically. I had no idea that the others had held you up prior, no clue at all. So when I held you up, that was your own fault for mouthing off about anarchy to an anarchy member. So do not feel a 2.3 actually is applicable here.

I would like to formally counter report for false report.

Like Jim said, we are more than willing to speak about this in discord if you wish.

Edited by PhoenyxxRP

Posted (edited)

First of all thank you for taking your time and putting together such a well made response, I appreciate  that. 

Now I'll correct the details that I believe are true from my point of view. First of all, I hesitated to do as you ask several times, because I wasn't sure if you're addressing me or if you're talking into the radio with your friends. Second of all, the server is based in the US and I'm located in Central Europe, which give me give or take 200 ping when the server as decently populated, making it difficult to hear you sometimes during cut outs and lag. 

When your buddies arrived, some of them kept talking over each other so it wasn't easy to make out what they actually want. To address you pointing out that I continued to badmouth the Anarchy at gun point, that may only be true due to the fact that I was kept being asked questions from not only you but other members as well about my reasoning to dislike Anarchy and my general attitude towards them and the situation at hand. I quote a question you asked me about 3 times during the entire incident. "Why did you think it was a smart idea to talk shit about us?"  to which I truthfully and honestly replied every time with the same answer "Because I believe it and it is my opinion.". 

The "I dont want to deal with you" attitude you mention must have been misread. I have shown fear when a gun was pointed at me or a round was fired off near my head in the form me immediately raising my hands and obeying all of your commands to the best of my ability. And I have shown pain when I was struck in the from of grunting and vocal responses. Yes, I didnt shiver in fear and piss myself when a gun was pointed at me, because that is simply not in my character's nature due to his past within the Military as an officer and serving along side US Marines. 

To address the part when I was stopping and failed to answer your question, that I attribute to ping or connection issues, as I was not able to hear the question asked until repeated to me later when you began to get impatient, I apologize for that inconvenience but not hearing you or stopping because of lag or a connection issue is kinda out of my hands. As I stated previously the cocky behavior you attribute to me is simply due to the fact that you kept questioning me and I kept giving you honest answers which clearly reflected on my negative opinions on you. 

Now regarding this part; "He was severely outnumbered and still remained to be cocky and give attitude after he was told several times he needed to stop doing that." I was severely outnumbered the entire time, be it 4 or 8 doesnt make much of a difference when Im alone, tied up, so there is no reason for me to show increasing fear with increasing numbers. Now this is a critical part. I wasn't told to stop voicing my opinions at any single point during the entire incident, nor was I told to simply shut my mouth. I was however heavily questioned the entire time, which has led to me answering honestly with opinions which you apparently took offense to. If you hand't kept questioning me, I wouldn't have said a word. 

Now I must apologize to Jim however, as I wrongly accused him of being the one who executed me, since there are no name tags or ways to remember who is who and Jim looked very similar in appearance to G19, I made the wrong assumption that he was G19 because both of them have a the tendency to use the "N" word about a 100 times a minute.

Now to adres your individual accusations against me. I have shown value for my life in the from of obeying your collective commands to the best of my ability, answering any questions given to me to the best of my ability, completely honestly without any attempt to lie to you or fool you in any way. My roleplay was alright by local standards, as I even incorporated some Czech / Charnarussian language to prove my nationality. The stops and you having to repeat commands to me I attribute only to the ping and connection as any command I actually heard I obeyed. 

The execution was invalid as the entire time I wasnt given a command that would actually indicate any terms or demands form me, the only thing that was asked of me the entire time were questions which I have all answered the most mild way possible, without using any swear words.

BadRP was present, but not on my side, I apologize if me stopping was breaking your immersion but I cant affect connection stability or ping for that matter. However your RP was very shallow and not very well thought through, as really if you had beaten me up, tried to make me do some manual labor or something, that kind of RP would've been much more interesting, however you decided to make things simpler and much more boring so I was shot for invalid reasons and with that any promise for quality RP faded away.

4.4 is ever present with your group:

4.4 Hostile situations must focus on the role play experience of both attackers and victims. Both sides should actively participate and contribute to role play in all situations, any disputes or issues can be discussed and resolved afterwards.

As an attacker you may NOT:

Attack other players just for the sake of gear by doing a quick robbery that involves little to no role play. 

Anarchy's plan to bypass this rule is clearly based upon the fact that they force every player to own their "Gun Licence" otherwise they will be robbed if they are in possession of a weapon. Not only is this not stated anywhere on their Forums Group Page but also is simply a way for them to rob people with just based exactly weather or not they have specific gear. I find this to be a clear way of Rule Play and Power Gaming essentially locking a vital part of the game such are guns behind a condition that is forced upon you and if you dont comply you will be robbed or killed. This is simply making a shortcut to play the game in a way that at first glance isnt against the rules but at the very base bring exactly 0 roleplay to anyone. Because if you dont agree with them, they will rob you or kill you as in my case. 

The 2.3 part of the report is not tied to you holding me up, I find that an acceptable response to my actions, however 2.3 is tied to the general mindset of the entire anarchy group through enforcing a large scale gun embargo, effectively taking a vital part of the game away from the players who want to roleplay it their way. 

2.3 Be a good sport. Do not focus on PvP aspect of the game and attack everything that moves just because you can or are good at it. Remember that not many players will enjoy being constantly attacked, therefore you should not dominate other groups or players into submission to a point where they can no longer accomplish their regular role play or enjoy the game.

I have no interest in speaking to Jim nor anyone of you for that matter on discord or anywhere else really. I believe it would only lead to a very pointless conversation that I wish to avoid.

Thank you for taking your time to go through all the posts above and soon probably bellow. 

Edited by obidan66

Greetings Everyone,

First I would like to address the Original accusations before going on to the claim of a false report.

After a team of staff members have reviewed this case, we have decided to rule a INCONCLUSIVE  verdict due the lack of evidence that could support the claims made, This also transfers over to the Claim of a false report as we haven't received or have seen any evidence supporting the claim of a false report.

In the future we advice to record in-game events in case of a report coming out about it.

signed: @Samti & @Rover + Notes