Server time (UTC): 2019-11-20, 08:10
Sign in to follow this  
andysuter

A broadcast from Redwood Radio regarding intimidation

Posted (edited)

A radio message breaks the silence. It is clear and obviously from a source better than a hand held radio. Soft music plays in the background

Good morning listeners, Father David here from Redwood radio.

Im sending this radio message with a heavy heart. We had just got our radio broadcasts up and running again after a lot of hard work from our local community and with a great selection of guests planned for the next few weeks. We had a great guest on at the weekend and was looking forward to broadcasting this interview this week.

Unfortunately last night I was taken against my will by a group while I was collecting water for our water barrel. They took me to an airfield and demanded I contact the rest of my radio colleagues come and talk with them. To be fair to  my captors they treated me fairly and with respect and even made me a cup of tea, although the quality of such was disputable and certainly not like the fantastic Yorkshire tea from back home. However, they did make me wear a high vis vest and a dirty builders hat, which really wasn’t my colour or style. Anyway….. When Cowboy arrived to talk through with them, they announced they were working for a group called Anarcist or something similar. Unfortunately as I was taken by surprise and Cowboy arrived in a hurry for fear of my safety, we didn’t have any recording equipment on us to offer them a formal interview.

The gentleman admitted to breaking into our home multiple times and stealing lots of our important building materials and a vehicle or two that we use to keep the radio station up and running.

They demanded we had licenses for our firearms that we use to defend ourselves. They also accused us of stealing their cars. As a non driver myself I know I personally haven’t but I know our scout team do find cars that are abandoned around the area and fix them up to working condition before using them to transport Radio equipment. They certainly don’t steal cars belonging to our listeners. As anyone who knows us, they will know we are a friendly group and try hard to remain neutral so we can report things with unbiased opinions.

The broadcast voice stops for a few seconds as slurping of tea can be heard, before resuming again

More worryingly they demanded that we are operating our radio station without a license and that they would be coming to our station the next day to arrest myself and cowboy and check all licenses of the people employed at the radio and that call it home. We were also told we would be put to work on a labour camp, similar to days of communism in the old world

As you will expect listeners this is very sad news for Redwood Radio and we are not sure we can continue, unless it is making use of pirate facilities. We apologise to all our past and future guests we had planned for the Father David show. This is not something we want or planned. We did reach out to this group to offer them use of the radio to broadcast their opinions and had even offered their leaders a personal interview.

These anarchist people claim to want to want to form a government and share wealth, but we currently see things very differently from our experience with them and the threat to free speech in south Zagoria.

We will see where this all goes but know that we as a station try our best to continue as we did despite future challenges we will keep informing you all about what is going on, even if it means we need to go to pirate radio. 

A few bleeps are heard and the message goes silent.

Edited by andysuter

*Joey Phillips lets out a brief akakakaakakaka and picks up the radio and presses down on the PTT*
Hello this is Joey Phillips, you have 12 hours to turn yourself in for community service. 

I have your orange reflective vest and hard hat and two axes ready for you.
Failure to comply with this will result in you possible jail time.

*Sets down radio* 

Posted (edited)

The radio clicks on and a voice comes over. Starting out loud as wind can be heard from behind them.

"Do not listen to Anarchy! The licencing... bull shit! They don't care... if you have a licence. They will steal the guns you have a licence to have and they... keep records of your equipment. They want it all for themselves! Do not give in to these liars! They came up on me and my friend once after... we offered to help them... moments later, the convoy pulled up and they piled out and ran up on us with guns out. They demanded my name and told me to get a licence. I complied believing them when they said that's all they wanted. Then they killed my friend! A few days ago, they found me again! They captured me, took the guns I had a licence for and took the meds I had and my food. They forced me to wear a hard hat and reflective pants and I was their slave along with another guy named Steve... I hope he's ok... then after driving around for an hour I was kicked off the truck and they took their clothes back... they threw my back pack at me and a hammer at me and some food and told me to piss off! They never returned my weapons that they said I could have. They lie and cheat and steal! 

The radio goes static a moment. Wind getting louder and thunder roaring in the back.

"Keep fighting... I'll keep fighting... listening to the broadcast! Freedom will not die... especially not to people who lie!"

The radios goes silent for a moment but then continues. The wind in the background is much quieter. Sounds of raining beating against a tin roof could be heard in the background. 

"We struggle every day for survival. We come together as a species to fight against the infected. We are here in this land to help and survive. Just because the world has died doesn't mean we have to lose our humanity. Anarchy disguises their selfish deeds with a face of "Communism" and "equality" but they are bandits only out for themselves. Do not give in, RESIST! To the people of this country, fight for your homeland! SLAVA CHERNARUS!"

The radio goes silent. 

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

Mikael lifts up his radio and presses the PTT and starts to speak with an Texan accent to hide his voice

"We have delt with people like this before people who whanted to shange us and make us in to muslims. We kicked them out of South Zagoria. "
This voice goes silent for a short while and the russle of trees can be heard
"I have no doubt we can kick this scum out of here too if we work together"

The transmision end as sudden as it started

*Joey Phillips picks up his radio and holds down the PTT*

Perfect timing, just finished the labor camp. Hope to see you guys there soon. 

*Releases PTT*

Posted (edited)

*Lemons would hold down is PTT*

"You sound like a perfect twat Joey With your community service, you can piss off, to bumfuck nowhere with that shit."
"You will be eaten out by the people with that and run with tail between your legs, like others have in the past."
"Do us a favor and take you and your shit heads and fuck off...."

*Releases PTT*

Edited by Lemons

*Joey picks up his radio and holds down the PTT*
Hello, will be heading to the radio tower to take everyone into custody. If no one is there I'll let myself in and let my current workers take whatever they want.
You can thank the Australian sounding man. 

*Joey would start gathering orange vest and hard hats from his tents and throw them in to the back of his truck*

*he would press the ptt* 

"Good stuff joey, keep it up my man, hopefully this new work power will help you finish the dealership soon"

*would release the ptt*

*PTT*

"Harming some innocent Radio people or some shit, even I will not stumble that low and I've done some terrible things... You truly are funny american Kiddo, learn your accents also you uneducated swine..."
"Maybe for my own entertainment I should be somewhere in the woods and when I see you, I should just put a bullet through your thick head, or take you into custody also and take you do the prison Island where you will do your time..." 

"Innocent radio people"

There came a brief laugh.

"That's hilarious. They're nothing but big headed, edgy cunts.
They love to hide behind their little walls and abuse and big dick anyone who walks up.
They got a severe attitude problem, and need taking down a peg or two"

*PTT*

"Here we go the entire family tree of rejects will come out here on the frequency that Support Anarchy or what ever...Now I do recognize your voice sugar tits, I'll be definitely keeping an eye out for you...British sounding local... Take the message, disband this little gathering of fairies you are having , and let actual normal people go on with their ways on trying to survive..."

*he would hear Lemon's voice and Push his PTT down*

"I agree Mr. Lemons. Depending on where I am, I can't even go to a water pump without hearing that Anarchy are on their way. It's some scary shit"

*He would sigh and pause briefly and say*

"I remember when thing's were more simpler, well not for me anyway"

*He would chuckle and takes his finger off the PTT*

Posted (edited)

:: A dull mocking voice would come over the frequency ::

"I'm sorry but did one of those prison goons just damn the anarchists and claim to support 'normal' people? Christ you're all fucking hypocrites. You planning on drugging more women in your little labor camp island? Surprised you haven't diddled any kids like some of the weirdos around here. But sure, be my guest! Piss off the anarchists and I'll grab my stove-top popcorn. I seen this movie like 20 fucking times. I'd try and reason with you but my patience for people without common sense runs out every time one of you lot open those sad excuses for mouths."

"Have a nice day."

:: The transmission ends ::

Edited by Otto

"I've literally never met you?
That's odd, y'all a stalker or something?

Thinking about drugging me and dragging me off to Prison Island like you've done with so many other women?
Creepy fucker."

"This guy seriously telling us to disband? That's actually quite laughable"

* She'd chuckle releasing her PTT for a moment before pressing back down on it *

"Hey 'sugar tits'!" 

*She'd laugh again, shaking her head while speaking to the other female in the frequency*

"Looks like this dick wad wants you."

*The tone of her voice would change from the joking manner to a more serious manner as she addressed Lemons*

"Lemons right? As another voice referred to you as that. Interesting. And you drug women too?  What the actual fuck. 

Fair warning Mr. Sour, you touch her and I can assure you it won't end well for you."

*She'd release the PTT, rolling her eyes and going back to watching over the checkpoint*

*He would chuckle to the reply, PTT*

"I've been threatened by other ladies before or quote on quote bad asses..."

"Well then you definitely have a complete shit memory miss, who knows maybe your under the influence, knowing the people you hang around with..."
"I never claimed to be the best of people, but I can't stop to recall that I locked goons like you up...Some of you are just former enemies spreading lies, simple as that..."

"Thinking a simple Bullet is an a good option, if the person doesn't exist neither does the problem, Get the Draft?"

Fae taps her chin, trying to recall. 

"Nope. Not ringing a bell.
You think I remember every irrelevant asshole who crosses my path?
Nah, either you're lying or you're just that forgettable.

Never locked me up, though, have you love?
You did take some innocent women hostage though multiple times, so you ain't exactly a saint yourself.
I heard you tortured them too...
Interesting.

Now stop waving your tiny peep around on the radio and come down to the checkpoint and disband us yourself, ya coward!

Sugar tits out!"

*He would chuckle, PTT*

"No I have not sweet cheeks, never had the reason to back in the day...Last time I checked, all the people I have taken and locked up on the island, have not been the brightest apples...All were so to say rotten apples."
"Like I said I ain't a saint, I've done terrible things to people that have done terrible things to others...But what you are doing is that you are doing it do every single one, Torture, Drug, Murder, Rob, Slaving them, selling them I name it you've done it pretty much..."

"Now how about you stop acting like you are some sort of a important person, as we all know you've been used up like a slag you are...People making you believe that you have authority..."

*Conor picks up the radio, being a senior member of Redwood he feels entitled to say his part albeit in a sappy slightly disgruntled voice.*

"Hey. How about y'all leave me to my sweet small paradise in hell and let us just broadcast. If you want, you can have Lemons. I done my time in his goddamn jail an' I ain't about to defend him for shit. All we is, is just a bunch of random ass people following some idiot because we ain't got no other purpose. It gives us a second goddamn chance. Hell know's we all need one. Even the worst of us, like Lemons. Now look, we don't give a shit about licences, you really think some kind of goddamn government gonna succeed this day and age? It's immature and frankly down right disrespectful. So, in accordance with being threatened to work like goddamn cattle again, I will say with the utmost pretentious disrespect possible to Anuschy, kindly go bother someone else."

*Conor lowers his radio, knowing no-one gives a shit but feeling satisfied with the modest mature response hangs up.*

James Tigre grabs his radio after hearing a familiar voice. 

"Has the great Lemons returned from his Holy Pilgrimage? The slayer of Legion? The Lovely leader of Prison Island? The Euro with out a country? Spreading the tarty citrus across the world?! All praise the great Lemons! Lemon Lemon Lemon Lemon Lemon Lemon Lemon!"

The radio go silent. 

*he would press his PTT*

"Look, He seems nice but I wouldn''t praise the man, especially with his past. you should really slow your roll there buddy"

*He would chuckle and take his finger off the PTT*

Posted (edited)

*Jake would pick up his radio and press his PTT*

"Anarchy y'all really arguing with these radio people? Like what are you doing don't you got your checkpoint to defend or something?"

*He'd snore into the mic*

Edited by JorrdanVC

16 minutes ago, JorrdanVC said:

*Jake would pick up his radio and press his PTT*

"Anarchy y'all really arguing with these radio people? Like what are you doing don't you got your checkpoint to defend or something?"

*He'd snore into the mic*

*He would laugh down the radio while finishing his tea*

"Who the fuck are you? Go back to your safe little base, with your warm little campfire and have a seat."

*He would laugh and have the last sip of his tea*

*After hearing Billy's voice, Nikolai jumps and presses the PTT, completely ignoring the rest of the conversation*

Billy? Billy! This is me, Nik... *he bites his tongue*

Billy, do you remember me? Are you ok? I have been looking for you. I tried to help you...

I am really happy to hear you, that means that you are ok!

*Nikolai smiles and releases the PTT*