Server time (UTC): 2019-12-16, 08:58 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Oldmanwntr

Zombies from Survivor Games

With how the zombies are and the sever nty.

14 minutes ago, Oldmanwntr said:

I like how they roam in packs and seem harder to kill. Can we have those kind ?

Go play Deer Island in order to appreciate the hordes there 🙂

The more zombies, the better. I love to see hordes roaming. 

5 minutes ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

The more zombies, the better. I love to see hordes roaming. 

What does a server gain from having hundreds of infected running around?

That's one thing I liked about Deer Isle, players were more focused on the actual "plot" of the game which is the infected, and less on killing every person they meet because nothing else is a threat.

1 minute ago, Eagle said:

What does a server gain from having hundreds of infected running around?

A greater threat. It makes going into towns and military bases more risky and more challenging. 

7 minutes ago, OldSchool said:

That's one thing I liked about Deer Isle, players were more focused on the actual "plot" of the game which is the infected, and less on killing every person they meet because nothing else is a threat.

We aren't a PVE server you can see that with how long that map lasted.

7 minutes ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

A greater threat. It makes going into towns and military bases more risky and more challenging. 

If the servers and AI supported it sure but it doesn't.

1 minute ago, Eagle said:

I know. It's wishful thinking. But the server can handle more zombies on Deer Island so why not Chernarus? 

Isnt deer island way the hell smaller then chernaruss? Hence the concentration of the zombies on deer isle? 

6 minutes ago, Eagle said:

That says nothing about the opinion of the players concerning zeds count. Some didn't play the map because it was unfinished, some didn't like that it was still in South Zagoria, others had different reasons. I left because of low population, not because of the harder zeds.

1 minute ago, OiramRP said:

Isnt deer island way the hell smaller then chernaruss? Hence the concentration of the zombies on deer isle? 

^ that's how I looked at it.

Although hoards and stuff are cool, i don't see a need to increase them within Chernarus at the current moment. Especially if you guys are implying the whole deerisle hoard stuff because that is ridiculous. If you are looking to watch and observe and fight off hoards, go to Deerisle and the construction area outside Stonington to the North of the city. At least always a hoard of about 40+ infected wandering about. 

I did like the mini-events that staff did from time to time where they spawned in some hoards in areas where there were large groups to add to the roleplay, but I don't see it necessary to up the hoard spawns at all. Leave it how it is, do some mini-events to appease those that want infect hoards.

Yeah man i really love having a few laggy ass zombies coming to hit me and not being able to do anything because of server lag, Lets increase that ten FOLD!

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

With how the zombies are and the sever nty.

That kinda made me laugh. Welcome to DayZ.

48 minutes ago, OldSchool said:

I agree. While you later gave other possible reasons, I can't help but sit here and think that apparently a notable portion of the playerbase prefers "same old same old". Or is Deer Island really just dead because the map is unfinished? Some did after all state they disliked the zombie hordes before in threads regarding Deer Island. I like it just for that increased difficulty - you have to mind your approach and behavior a lot more and if you encounter people you still have a threat factor. Plus, the map seems kinda diverse to me even in its unfinished state. More terrain diversity than in SZ.

I suggest to test something for the future here. If Deer Island remains as it is with low pop (and if we don't try to increase it artificially with events or so) we eventually have to consider moving to a new map. Assuming we can freely tweak spawn rates, the new map should follow the same approach and have zombies as a notable factor. If the map is "finished" and even more diverse or in a different setting then we can judge if it's actually the high zombie count keeping certain players away or not.

Either way I still suggest to have one map with a higher zombie threat, if it can all be handled well system wise. On DI it seems to work, then again it never really saw full player pop. Why? Offering different things to the community. We could as well put South Zagoria as map on S2 again but that does seem boring now after being spoiled with custom maps. If we have a difficulty difference between the various maps, I think more people are pleased. Just like going into a store where there's more products and something for everyone's tastes. Or at least more than one product.

17 minutes ago, Combine said:

Either way I still suggest to have one map with a higher zombie threat, if it can all be handled well system wise. On DI it seems to work, then again it never really saw full player pop. Why? Offering different things to the community. We could as well put South Zagoria as map on S2 again but that does seem boring now after being spoiled with custom maps. If we have a difficulty difference between the various maps, I think more people are pleased. Just like going into a store where there's more products and something for everyone's tastes. Or at least more than one product.

I totally agree. One map should be less challenging with less zombies and the other should be much harder. Laggy zombies or not, it provides a challenge for everyone. You'll be less likely to shoot a gun in a city with them so populated. They can also be used a weapon. Imagine if a group manages to use them as a weapon... that would be astonishing! 

7 minutes ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

Imagine if a group manages to use them as a weapon... that would be astonishing!

I already found a way to do that. Albeit it's a very limited and local fashion, but it works 🙂

[REDACTED]

Just now, Combine said:

I already found a way to do that. Albeit it's a very limited and local fashion, but it works 🙂

[REDACTED]

Well I look forward to encountering it. Maybe learning the secrets while watching. Or running. 

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

Yeah but we aren't a PvP server either.. 

With that being said it would be nice to have more environmental dangers like zombie hordes but look at how terrible the A.I. is. It was better in the mod. That's just sad. 

Deer islands pop fell immediately after Livonia got announced. Roland said that it will come, and deer isle go poof. That's the reason for low pop. And I would be delighted for more infected.

Stated plenty of times in discord as to why more zombies would actually be more fun, but at the end of the day most people I've seen don't want it, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Man I want zombies that are so hard to kill you need teams to take em down. More infected please tyty

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Zero said:

Yeah but we aren't a PvP server either.. 

Didn't know the topic was about PvP must have been something I missed.

Edited by Eagle

Zombie hordes is a cool idea, but remember this is Dayz we are talking about. The AI is terrible and a big horde will only be dangerous because of the lagg accompanying it. 

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Didn't know the topic was about PvP must have been something I missed.

You argued that we don’t need more zombies because this isn’t a PVE server thus my comment is we made.  If you don’t have environmental threats then this game would just be a PvP game. I haven’t even seen wolves in weeks, it’s like they were removed. 

Edited by Zero

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Zero said:

You argued that we don’t need more zombies because this isn’t a PVE server thus my comment is we made.  If you don’t have environmental threats then this game would just be a PvP game. I haven’t even seen wolves in weeks, it’s like they were removed. 

Go to the Military Training base near Tisy, you'll find them fighting zeds and mowing them down. 

Actually, why don't we up the wolf spawns? Going through the forests at night will be so much scarier and dangerous. 

Gotta add one more thing ; wild boars should be more dangerous and deadlier since whenever I meet these beasts, they barely pose any threat, just act as bacon on legs waiting to be cooked. 

Edited by Alan Woods