Server time (UTC): 2019-11-19, 21:44
Sign in to follow this  
Artyom_Serb

Being a gunslinger while being held up.

Today i had an interaction where i held up a guy in north west airfield for shooting without care which attracted zombies, even on myself.

I made him drop his primary weapon and face a wall. Then i reasoned why i was holding him up and told him to drop his backpack. When i told him this, he whipped out his Silenced Trademarked UMP-45 and attempted to spray me down, only to be dropped by the weapon which i held him up with.

Can you 180' Gunsling your secondary primary submachine gun when a guy is holding you up? 

If it is an even fight, yes.

You will find plenty of videos of people doing exactly that, here is one for example:

If you haven't done  the *searches for weapons* or handcuffed him to be sure he had extra weapons on them, then yes. Also you initiated, he had rights, even though you managed to gun him down.

7 minutes ago, Kricket said:

If you haven't done  the *searches for weapons* or handcuffed him to be sure he had extra weapons on them, then yes. Also you initiated, he had rights, even though you managed to gun him down.

Alright, thanks. I'm trying to get used to the hostility part of roleplay.

9 minutes ago, Ducky said:

If it is an even fight, yes.

You will find plenty of videos of people doing exactly that, here is one for example:

Thanks!

If it was only 1 v 1 he took his chance. As some video show people take their chances 1 v 3 or even better. The problem is, when you oveplay your hand and die - in some situations it may be counted as NVFL - a rulebreak.

Hello. Owner of the infamous video posted above.

The way NVFL rule works means that you are not allowed to fight back against odds that would more than likely lead to your death. This means that every NVFL case needs to be treated case by case, so giving a clear statement on it will always be hard. In most situations however, anything above 1 v 3 is seen as NVFL, but that person needs to be aware of the threat and so on.

In the situation you described, it was a 1 v 1 so the guy tried his luck but ultimately failed. It wasn't NVFL as he had a proper chance at winning that fight.

On 10/2/2019 at 9:15 AM, AndreyQ said:

Hello. Owner of the infamous video posted above.

The way NVFL rule works means that you are not allowed to fight back against odds that would more than likely lead to your death. This means that every NVFL case needs to be treated case by case, so giving a clear statement on it will always be hard. In most situations however, anything above 1 v 3 is seen as NVFL, but that person needs to be aware of the threat and so on.

In the situation you described, it was a 1 v 1 so the guy tried his luck but ultimately failed. It wasn't NVFL as he had a proper chance at winning that fight.

I believe the odds are higher of dying when you're cornered facing a wall with a gun to your neck at a clear 5 m distance with no approach to left nor right. In my own opinion if that's the case, then NVFL is a rule that is not even needed as it primarly is just subjective.

Just now, Artyom_Serb said:

I believe the odds are higher of dying when you're cornered facing a wall with a gun to your neck at a clear 5 m distance with no approach to left nor right. In my own opinion if that's the case, then NVFL is a rule that is not even needed as it primarly is just subjective.

Again it is meant for extreme odds. Like thinking you can take out 3 man surrounding you or a team of 7 that you know is all around the town you are in. You'd be surprised by how fast people can 180 you in this game. I've done it plenty of times before.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Artyom_Serb said:

With how the rule works right now, if you manage to kill the people who have you captive and escape then you cannot get banned if you die however you will be banned if reported.

Edited by Eagle