Server time (UTC): 2019-11-17, 01:35
Sign in to follow this  
Rajjip

Ban Appeal - Bad RP - 5 Days

Posted (edited)

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):
[ https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/topic/99942-bad-rp-robbing/?tab=comments#comment-1822403]

Why the verdict is not fair:
Andrew and I had met a few hours prior to this, we stayed together for this time, moving around the map encountering people. I have only just got back into DayZRP after a break and am still getting used to things again. This is not a cry for sympathy it's just the facts, which I feel are mixed currently. I feel my ban is unfair because as described in the report, the one in red (me) was nice and gave them food, medicine and cured his cholera. Numerous times I said "let's go" to Andrew. I was just trying to de-escalate the situation I was put in before it got out of hand, which it obviously did.

When we first encountered them, Andrew told them to get their hands up. Us being friends I went along as anyone would, I did not know what he wanted to do. I'm not saying Andrew was right or wrong in this situation as it's irrelevant to this case. I feel my RP was okay for the situation I was put in and should not be considered BadRP due to the fact that I cannot control the actions of others and I did the best with the situation at hand.

I did not want gear, I did not want to kill anyone nor did I mean any malicious intent or a poor roleplaying experience towards the people involved, in the evidence you can see I go back for their fishing box thing that Andrew threw away, trying to de-escalate. Again, I'm not saying it was right or wrong I'm not trying to snake anyone out here but it's what happened in that RP situation. I feel that Andrew's actions and the bad situation he was leading at the time has reflected on me and I've had a 5 day ban that I do not deserve. I should not have got involved at all and I know I fucked up that way, I'd do just that if I could relive that situation again. This may seem like I am throwing Andrew under the boat and pushing the blame on him, that is not my intention whatsoever, I just want the truth to be out there and my ban appealed.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:
I'd also like to add I did drop the only food I had on me for them during the situation to care for the two involved. I ran to the pond we met them at to get water for the sick person and purified it. I have definitely followed the rule of not leaving people without a chance of survival. A winchester mod70 and another rifle were both there, full of ammo placed a few meters away within eyesight they could have taken to defend themselves afterwards. Their clothes were in the tree right next to them too. I understand and fully respect that rules need to be followed, I like how strict this community is with the rules. However in this instance I feel I am personally innocent from any rule breaks. I was just trying to make the best of a shit situation without breaking character and further ruining the experience of the two individuals and was only trying to portray what my character would have done in said situation to the best of my ability.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:
I'd love to be unbanned, but if not a lower time on my ban.

What could you have done better?:

Completely left the situation and not got involved.

Edited by Rajjip
Grammar and structure, added more information

Greeting @Rajjip,

The staff team have reviewed your appeal and have chosen to deny it.

Reasons for appeal being denied:

• You participated in the role-play of another player being completely stripped of his clothing, to the point where he is completely naked this will not be tolerated. 
  • The role-play was very gear orientated, where it seems as if the only reason the robbery took place, was to simply acquire the items which the men had and leave.
  • The role-play you engaged in with the men, was also very one sided.

The suggestions with in the verdict of the report below should be taken into consideration when you engage in the next occasion where there is hostile role-play.

Spoiler
On 10/1/2019 at 7:49 PM, Fae said:

SUMMARY:

@CaptainChips and @Kailen Olsen were nearby to Green Mountain and were approached by @Andrew William and @Rajjip, they talk for a bit until @Andrew William aims his weapon and tells @CaptainChips and @Kailen Olsen to put their hands up. They comply and are moved into the forest, where they are stripped of their clothing entirely and all of their gear. @Andrew William shoots @Kailen Olsen@Rajjip gives the hostages food, water and medicine and attempts to end the hostilities, whilst @Andrew William starts to throw their belongings into the forest. @Andrew William then starts repeatedly punching @CaptainChips until he dies.

RULEBREAKS: 

@Andrew William + @Rajjip

• Under no circumstances are you to strip another player entirely of his/her clothing, or ask them to remove their clothing to the point they are naked.
  • The roleplay provided to your hostages was sub-par and appeared to be somewhat gear orientated
  • You did not have execution rights against either hostage 
  • You throw the gear you do not want into the forest - leaving your hostages with no clothing, food or weapons to defend themselves once the hostilities are over

The rules you have broken:

Reveal hidden contents

4.4 Hostile situations must focus on the role play experience of both attackers and victims. Both sides should actively participate and contribute to role play in all situations, any disputes or issues can be discussed and resolved afterwards.

As an attacker you may NOT:

• Attack other players just for the sake of gear by doing a quick robbery that involves little to no role play.
  • Ignore your victims. You must provide an engaging role play to keep things interesting for the victims at all times.

4.5 Combat logging is leaving the server during or shortly after a hostile situation or when your character is still involved in active role play. After a hostile action has occurred where you were involved, you may only log out from the game after a minimum of 30 minutes have passed since you broke the line of sight with others involved in that situation. This rule can be ignored if the other players give you OK to log out earlier.

4.6 If you successfully capture a player through a hostile action and then take him into your custody, he is now considered your hostage. You must do everything in your power to keep your hostages alive and in a relatively good health. That includes protecting them from external threats like zombies and leaving them with a realistic chance of survival when they are released. A character that is taken hostage may be executed once for a hostile incident that happened in the past where the hostage was personally responsible for, or participated in a death of your ally.

SUGGESTIONS: 

@Andrew William + @Rajjip

• In future, if you wish to search someone's clothing, tie them up first. Do not strip them entirely or ask them to strip naked for you to search through their things. You can also ask them to drop all their weapons, or use emotes to frisk them. Eg. *Frisks the man for weapons* //Do I find any? If so, drop them on the floor
  • Engage with your hostages, make the roleplay fun and interesting for all parties involved - don't just grab gear and beat them up for no reason!
  • We all know DayZ can be glitchy, accidents such as these can happen and cut off RP entirely. Instead of physically punching your hostages, you can emote it instead, to avoid accidentally killing them. Eg. *He punches the man in the jaw*
  • Make sure you leave your hostages with food, water and some sort of weapon to defend themselves with once the hostilities are over.

VERDICT: 

@Andrew William | Invalid Kill (Roleplayed)/BadRP | 5 day ban, 10 warning points
@Rajjip | BadRP | 5 day ban, 10 warning points 

SIGNED: @Fae, @Derek Steel & @Hofer

Signed @Realize & @Phoenix