S1: NVFL Elektrozavodsk 19:30 Server Time

Server and location: S1 Elektrozavodsk

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 19:30 Server Time

Your in game name: Maxmilian Vitek Myska

Names of allies involved: @Franny, @Watchman, @Mirotvurce

Name of suspect/s: @maddogcaleb

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): 

Sadly the new Windows 10 update has caused all my USB devices to reset their IDs, which essentially means that OBS didnt register my microphone 🤷‍♂️

Detailed description of the events: 

Run into a couple of americans in Elektro and ask them a few questions about what they are doing in the glorious country of Chernarus.

The conversation gets heated relatively quickly and situation gets more and more tense, it turns out the men are drug dealers, at this point one of their guys goes mute and pulls out his weapon, he proceeds to walk around in a sketchy manner and generally make the situation uncomfortable, he responds to none of the RP we provide him and just silently stares at me.

After I ask his brother a few more questions in regards to his sketchy mute friend he insults me and I decide it's time for the initiation, I take a few steps back, tell the man to place his weapons down and hands up or I am going to kill him after which he simply raises his mosin and domes me, immediately afterwards getting mowed down by 3 automatic weapons.

So lets recap.

There are two of them, one of them is standing with his weapons on his back, the other has his mosin out, they are surrounding by four people with their automatics drawn, and yet he still decides he would rather raise his rifle to get a lucky headshot before getting mowed down, rather than complying.

Connection Logs

Spoiler
19:09:06 | Player "Maxmilian Vitek Myska" is connected
19:19:12 | Player "Maxmilian Vitek Myska" has been disconnected
19:21:02 | Player "Maxmilian Vitek Myska" is connected
-DIED-
19:30:59 | Player "Maxmilian Vitek Myska" has been disconnected
19:31:57 | Player "Maxmilian Vitek Myska" is connected
19:36:25 | Player "Maxmilian Vitek Myska" has been disconnected
19:41:52 | Player "Maxmilian Vitek Myska" is connected

19:19:12 | Player "Laska Vrubel" has been disconnected
19:21:58 | Player "Laska Vrubel" is connected
19:38:16 | Player "Laska Vrubel" has been disconnected
19:39:45 | Player "Laska Vrubel" is connected
19:48:23 | Player "Laska Vrubel" is connected

19:24:32 | Player "Leo Vacek" is connected
19:38:16 | Player "Leo Vacek" has been disconnected
19:41:28 | Player "Leo Vacek" is connected
19:49:01 | Player "Leo Vacek" is connected

18:49:47 | Player "Vladimir Novak" is connected
19:19:35 | Player "Vladimir Novak" has been disconnected
19:21:19 | Player "Vladimir Novak" is connected
19:38:16 | Player "Vladimir Novak" has been disconnected
19:41:55 | Player "Vladimir Novak" is connected

19:19:35 | Player "Abraham McDowell" has been disconnected
19:21:20 | Player "Abraham McDowell" is connected
-DIED-
19:30:52 | Player "Abraham McDowell" has been disconnected
19:33:22 | Player "Abraham McDowell" is connected
19:34:22 | Player "Abraham McDowell" has been disconnected
19:36:57 | Player "Abraham McDowell" is connected
19:38:16 | Player "Abraham McDowell" has been disconnected
19:42:01 | Player "Abraham McDowell" is connected

18:51:04 | Player "Collin Maxwell" is connected
19:19:53 | Player "Collin Maxwell" has been disconnected
19:21:34 | Player "Collin Maxwell" is connected
19:38:16 | Player "Collin Maxwell" has been disconnected
19:41:51 | Player "Collin Maxwell" is connected
19:49:10 | Player "Collin Maxwell" is connected

Position Logs

Spoiler
19:27:41 | Player "Vladimir Novak" (pos=<10513.4, 2354.7, 6.1>) 
19:27:41 | Player "Leo Vacek" (pos=<10513, 2370.9, 6.0>) 
19:27:41 | Player "Maxmilian Vitek Myska" (pos=<10516.8, 2357.4, 6.0>) 
19:27:41 | Player "Laska Vrubel" (pos=<10503.9, 2360.6, 6.1>) 
19:27:41 | Player "Collin Maxwell" (pos=<10514, 2361.7, 6.0>) 
19:27:41 | Player "Abraham McDowell" (pos=<10518.5, 2357.3, 6.0>) 

Hit Logs

Spoiler
19:30:47 | Player "Maxmilian Vitek Myska" hit by Player "Abraham McDowell" with Mosin Nagant 1930 from 4.92924 meters
19:30:47 | Player "Maxmilian Vitek Myska" hit by Player "Abraham McDowell" with Mosin Nagant 1930 from 4.92924 meters
19:30:47 | Player "Abraham McDowell" hit by Player "Leo Vacek" with M16A4 from 8.45576 meters
19:30:48 | Player "Abraham McDowell" hit by Player "Leo Vacek" with M16A4 from 6.79151 meters
19:30:48 | Player "Abraham McDowell" hit by Player "Vladimir Novak" with M4A1 from 1.82104 meters
19:30:49 | Player "Abraham McDowell" hit by Player "Vladimir Novak" with M4A1 from 1.80447 meters
19:30:49 | Player "Abraham McDowell" hit by Player "Vladimir Novak" with M4A1 from 1.80447 meters
19:30:49 | Player "Abraham McDowell" hit by Player "Vladimir Novak" with M4A1 from 1.61877 meters
19:30:49 | Player "Abraham McDowell" hit by Player "Vladimir Novak" with M4A1 from 1.58776 meters

Kill Logs

Spoiler
19:30:47 | Player "Maxmilian Vitek Myska" (DEAD) killed by Player "Abraham McDowell" with Mosin Nagant 1930 from 4.92924 meters 
19:30:48 | Player "Abraham McDowell" (DEAD) killed by Player "Leo Vacek" with M16A4 from 6.79151 meters 

Chat Logs

Spoiler
19:26:32 | Chat("Laska Vrubel"): *looks very confused*
19:31:10 | Chat("Leo Vacek"): *Takes out a compressing bandage and starts compressing maxims wound*
19:33:08 | Chat("Vladimir Novak"): //I cant tie you :/
19:36:27 | Chat("Laska Vrubel"): *checks Maxims wounds*
19:36:58 | Chat("Vladimir Novak"): //SORRY, WRONG CHAT
19:38:02 | Chat("Vladimir Novak"): //continue after restart
19:52:46 | Chat("Laska Vrubel"): *shakes her head and makes a slightly disgusted face*
19:53:21 | Chat("Vladimir Novak"): *start searching thru hostage backapck*

Calling in:

OP & Allies

@Ducky - Maxmilian Vitek Myska - OP

@Franny - Laska Vrubel - POSTED

@Watchman - Leo Vacek - POSTED

@Mirotvurce - Vladimir Novak - POSTED

Accused

@maddogcaleb - Abraham McDowell - POSTED

@uganda678 - Collin Maxwell - POSTED

Please post a full and detailed POV of this situation and any video evidence you may have.

POV : I rolled up to Ducky and our comrades talking to two fellas, eventually Ducky asks them both to removes their weapons from their hands and one of them acts really dodgy and eventually decides to NVFL and shoot Ducky in the head, i shoot the guy (Maybe killing him) and we keep the other guy as prisoner afterwards.. Note: Not only did he not talk the entire time and do BadRP but he also NVFL.

POV: I went to meet up with my fellow group members in Elektro, basically joining in on the situation. As @Watchman already stated, @Ducky asks both of them to put their weapons down because the guy in the blue jacket started to act sketchy and  also stopped replying to us completely. He got told more than once to put his weapon away. As they were both told to put their guns down the guy in the blue jacket decides to open fire on @Ducky despite being  outnumbered. The other guy was kept as a prisoner. We continued to roleplay with him. The server continued lagging and eventually crashed again - so we asked @uganda678 if it is okay if we don't join the game again. He gave us permission on discord.

POV: we've met @uganda678 and @maddogcaleb in Elektro trying to repair their car. @Ducky began to ask them a questions about what are they doing in Cherno, where are they from and so on... After a while @maddogcaleb become silent so Ducky began to be harder on him and situacion began to be more and more hostile. There were four of us with auto rifles drawed out and only maddogcaleb had his mosin in hand. In the end Ducky aimed on maddogcaleb and tells him like 10 times before to put away his gun, then he aimed at ducky a shot him in the head, right after that we killed him. @uganda678 has been taken hostage and then server went down hard.

POV: I met these guys in Elektro, and they came up to us as we were fixing our car. After a while @Ducky appears, and starts to call us n-words every other word he uttered. At that time, there were mulitple server timeouts which stopped my microphone from working. We had RP'ed for a while, so they knew I had a mic, and that I previously was using it, and I therefore understand the confusion. In the end,  @Ducky starts threatening, escalating the situation because I cannot respond(which had lasted for a little while), and eventually raises his weapon and tells me that he'll shoot me if I don't drop my weapon. 

All in all I counted three people, and was later informed there was a fourth person hidden behind a wall. (My character is agressive, which they must have gotten an impression of from the initiating roleplay, so I/he though he had a fair chance of winning - he's got hell of a shot).

Edit: At 2:57 in the video, is when I realized my microphone wasn't working. Up until that point, I had been RP-ing with the guys.
Between the interaction there was also a server timeout, which I believe was the reason why my microphone stopped working.

Edited by maddogcaleb

POV: Me and @maddogcaleb just finished repairing a car and we were on our way out of Elektro when the server started breaking and eventually breaking our vehicle as well. We are now exiting the car and met by two people. I don't know who of them we met first. But we spoke to them for a few minutes in friendly conversation and i went about to find parts to repair the car.  My friend pulls his gun out because he didn't feel safe. As I return I'm informed that the car is completely dead and I then take out the items and parts I wanted to keep from the car. We continue in conversation with the folks we met and soon a 3'rd guy who I believe is @Ducky turns up with a completely different tone, he is mad and angry, and uses racial slurs every few seconds. I was on discord with @maddogcalebat the time. He began to speak to Caleb who still had his gun out. And tells him to stand next to me. My friend replies in a normal tone at first but after repeating each other a few times. With Caleb saying no politely and @Ducky telling him to stand next to me. Me and Caleb realise that Caleb's microphone had stopped working. This is a common issue, as we both use the same studio grade microphones. My friend tries to fix his microphone while I am commanded to speak on his behalf. And soon @Ducky points his gun at Caleb's face and shouts at him to put it down and that he will be shot if he doesn't reply. Caleb then replies by shooting ducky. And I lied down on the floor and proceeded in hostage RP. After the server disconnecting us several times my and my hostage takers agree to stop the RP and do something else with our time.

1 hour ago, maddogcaleb said:

POV: I met these guys in Elektro, and they came up to us as we were fixing our car. After a while @Ducky appears, and starts to call us n-words every other word he uttered. At that time, there were mulitple server timeouts which stopped my microphone from working. We had RP'ed for a while, so they knew I had a mic, and that I previously was using it, and I therefore understand the confusion. In the end,  @Ducky starts threatening, escalating the situation because I cannot respond(which had lasted for a little while), and eventually raises his weapon and tells me that he'll shoot me if I don't drop my weapon. 

All in all I counted three people, and was later informed there was a fourth person hidden behind a wall. (My character is agressive, which they must have gotten an impression of from the initiating roleplay, so I/he though he had a fair chance of winning - he's got hell of a shot).

Edit: At 2:57 in the video, is when I realized my microphone wasn't working. Up until that point, I had been RP-ing with the guys.
Between the interaction there was also a server timeout, which I believe was the reason why my microphone stopped working.

54 minutes ago, uganda678 said:

POV: Me and @maddogcaleb just finished repairing a car and we were on our way out of Elektro when the server started breaking and eventually breaking our vehicle as well. We are now exiting the car and met by two people. I don't know who of them we met first. But we spoke to them for a few minutes in friendly conversation and i went about to find parts to repair the car.  My friend pulls his gun out because he didn't feel safe. As I return I'm informed that the car is completely dead and I then take out the items and parts I wanted to keep from the car. We continue in conversation with the folks we met and soon a 3'rd guy who I believe is @Ducky turns up with a completely different tone, he is mad and angry, and uses racial slurs every few seconds. I was on discord with @maddogcalebat the time. He began to speak to Caleb who still had his gun out. And tells him to stand next to me. My friend replies in a normal tone at first but after repeating each other a few times. With Caleb saying no politely and @Ducky telling him to stand next to me. Me and Caleb realise that Caleb's microphone had stopped working. This is a common issue, as we both use the same studio grade microphones. My friend tries to fix his microphone while I am commanded to speak on his behalf. And soon @Ducky points his gun at Caleb's face and shouts at him to put it down and that he will be shot if he doesn't reply. Caleb then replies by shooting ducky. And I lied down on the floor and proceeded in hostage RP. After the server disconnecting us several times my and my hostage takers agree to stop the RP and do something else with our time.

Right, lets go ahead and get a few facts straight, starting with racial slurs.

I think claiming that I dropped the N-Bomb every few seconds is blowing rather out of proportion, a conversation which probably lasted anywhere between 10 to 15 minutes I believe I may have dropped it twice or maybe even three times, but claiming that I did it as rampantly as this is absurd, the majority of the conversation was asking what the hell the two of you were up to in Elektro, figuring out that you were drug traders and further antagonizing your characters as a xenophobic violent nationalist might do.

Enough about that however, I've said my piece there, let's bring up the contradiction.

@maddogcaleb that I raised my weapon and told him to drop his or I would kill him, and I would be inclined to agree, I did exactly that, however the issue comes apparent with what @uganda678 claims.

Somehow you stated that I would shoot him if he didn't reply? When you phrase it like that it makes it seem like you're putting words in my mouth to make my demand seem unreasonable?

To me this seems like an attempt to lie in order to make me out to look bad, I mean you two have completely different explanations? Can you explain the contradiction?

Additionally, do either of you have any video evidence?

32 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Right, lets go ahead and get a few facts straight, starting with racial slurs.

I think claiming that I dropped the N-Bomb every few seconds is blowing rather out of proportion, a conversation which probably lasted anywhere between 10 to 15 minutes I believe I may have dropped it twice or maybe even three times, but claiming that I did it as rampantly as this is absurd, the majority of the conversation was asking what the hell the two of you were up to in Elektro, figuring out that you were drug traders and further antagonizing your characters as a xenophobic violent nationalist might do.

Enough about that however, I've said my piece there, let's bring up the contradiction.

@maddogcaleb that I raised my weapon and told him to drop his or I would kill him, and I would be inclined to agree, I did exactly that, however the issue comes apparent with what @uganda678 claims.

Somehow you stated that I would shoot him if he didn't reply? When you phrase it like that it makes it seem like you're putting words in my mouth to make my demand seem unreasonable?

To me this seems like an attempt to lie in order to make me out to look bad, I mean you two have completely different explanations? Can you explain the contradiction?

Additionally, do either of you have any video evidence?

The fact is that you used racial slurs somewhere around 15-20 times during the short 15 minutes or so that we were in contact. I even told my friend in surprise that I've never seen someone use it more than me. And I play as a black character. Neither me or Caleb are up in arms over you using it. In fact I think it may have added to the RP, but the frequency was over the top. And I am simply providing feedback. Take it how you will, if you disagree then disagree.

And your claims of contradiction is great. But it was a typo, I meant comply and not reply. English is not my first language.

I do not have video evidence, since I play on a potato and do not wish to sacrifice even 1 frame. But in the future you should maybe provide your own mic as well. You say it isn't working with recording, and that's very convenient. Or maybe one of your friends has video too?

Edited by uganda678

I think it's a damn shame that the very first thing you resort to doing on this community is lie and blow a situation out of proportion, however, considering that you do not have any evidence of that, and neither do I, let's focus on what we do have evidence of.

@maddogcaleb did infact raise his weapon and kill me when he was surrounded by 4 people with automatic rifles, now he does claim that he only saw 3, however that doesn't change anything, he was still only equipped with a mosin and had to fight outnumbered in close range with no cover, there was no feasible way for him to survive that firefight, and so he took me out like a martyr.

I'll let staff handle the rest, no further replies from me here.

11 hours ago, uganda678 said:

The fact is that you used racial slurs somewhere around 15-20 times during the short 15 minutes or so that we were in contact. I even told my friend in surprise that I've never seen someone use it more than me. And I play as a black character. Neither me or Caleb are up in arms over you using it. In fact I think it may have added to the RP, but the frequency was over the top. And I am simply providing feedback. Take it how you will, if you disagree then disagree.

And your claims of contradiction is great. But it was a typo, I meant comply and not reply. English is not my first language.

I do not have video evidence, since I play on a potato and do not wish to sacrifice even 1 frame. But in the future you should maybe provide your own mic as well. You say it isn't working with recording, and that's very convenient. Or maybe one of your friends has video too?

Our characters all used racial slurs, our characters are Racist and Nationalist. they hate any and all foreigners and there is no rules saying it isn't allowed to have a racist character, so even if used in excess (A few times by each person there perhaps so it wasnt) its simply roleplay and as you said you self "It may have added to the RP". Thats how our characters was but if you for some unknown reason think you have a reason to report our characters racial slurs feel free to do so in another report. this report isn't targeted on us but rather on the fact that your friend was completely mute and then decided to NVFL with extreme levels of BadRP

No further replies from me either.

Summary

@Ducky, @Watchman, @Franny, @Mirotvurce come across @maddogcaleb and @uganda678 in Elektrozavodsk. They engage in roleplay during numerous server restarts, and eventually @Ducky initiates on @maddogcaleb and @uganda678. @maddogcaleb uses his Mosin to kill @Duckybefore he is promptly killed by @Ducky's allies before they proceed to take @uganda678 hostage and provide him roleplay until granted permission to stay logged off after another server restart.

Rulebreaks

@maddogcaleb you were equipped with a bolt action rifle in your hands against targets that outnumbered you visually three to one, and actually had a fourth in hiding. Despite being a great shot and landing your first head shot on @Ducky, you were dead before you could chamber the next round. This situation is considered NVFL (not valuing your characters life) because you had an extremely tiny chance of being able to kill all of those around you, as demonstrated by the fact you died 1 second after @Ducky did.

Suggestions

• @maddogcalebIn the future if you ever encounter a glitch where no one is able to hear from your microphone, you can always use text chat to type something like "//Can you hear me? My microphone is bugged." This will let those around you be aware you are trying to communicate and continue the roleplay. If you are unable to fix the microphone problem in an active roleplay situation I would either suggest asking permission to quit and relaunch DayZ, or switch to using text roleplay and type out your characters responses so that you do not break the immersion or flow of the roleplay. 
  • When you are initiated on take quick stock of the number of enemies you see, your equipment, and their equipment. I understand you felt you had a chance against what you saw, but as demonstrated by the video above it was a very small chance. We encourage you to try and act as your character would act, and would not take on insurmountable odds with his life at risk.

Verdicts

@maddogcaleb - No Value For Life (NVFL) - GUILTY, 3 day ban, 10 warning points, character permenently killed.

Signed by: @Rover, @Hofer, @Samti