Server time (UTC): 2019-12-11, 23:17 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Rover

What are you excited to see most?

This is a thread to express what drives you to get on the game. What is it that makes you keep playing, what are you looking forwards to finding out in the wilds of Chernarus or Deer Isle? What excites you and motivates you to keep coming back and logging those hours?

For me, these are what come to mind off the top of my head:

• Watching stories play out around you.
  • Finding someone that has been 'treed' by infected and needs a rescue, and getting to bust out the big guns to go be a hero.
  • Roaming the map to the point people recognize your character by outfit alone, and you make those road-friends that you bump shoulders with, catch up with, trade knowledge of hot spots, then set foot out to venture again.
  • Getting rolled up on by hostile groups in novel, new, and intimidating ways. With the recent addition of Trucks to the game it can make quite a scene to have one pull up on you and players load out of it!
  • Finding that last piece of RP-gear in an oversaturated loot table that you can finally slot onto your outfit to achieve MaXiMum RoLePlAy. (Seriously can't find my beige suit pants.)

making people laugh and also shooting them

Edited by AndreyQ

Getting drunk and bantering in discord while trying not to die in firefights. I usually fail. 

Talking with the boys 

Guns. I just love me some guns. Finding stuff is fun. Especially guns! 

The scenery is also worth it too. I love walking through the mountains. Holding a new gun. 

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

Walking through the woods on my lonesome in the nice fall weather with the mountains looking dope...

At least until my mountains IRL cool down a tad and then I can go hike them when its pretty and cool

Atm I have no idea..

1. Robbing people. 
2. Shooting people. 

Edited by Zero

What drives me to play?

1) Helping people

2) Meeting new people

3) Gathering up the infected so I can use up my bullets.  Then finding more so I can rinse and repeat

4) Exploring the map (would love a bicycle)

Scream initiating

2 hours ago, Mia said:

What drives me to play?

1) Helping people

2) Meeting new people

3) Gathering up the infected so I can use up my bullets.  Then finding more so I can rinse and repeat

4) Exploring the map (would love a bicycle)

Pretty much exactly me, minus the feminine charm.

Getting the drop weps 5 secs initiation ?

Ahhh, I truly miss those days ...

But seriously, finding somebody that decides to join your adventure 🙂

6 minutes ago, Alan Woods said:

But seriously, finding somebody that decides to join your adventure 🙂

I pretty much tag along anyone I meet, unless they rob me.

Even after all the drops in popularity, changes in lore, rules and years of playing DayZ to the point of boredom or whatever else effects DayZRP I still come back as many others do.

I come back because DayZRP specifically has the potential to allow you to be your own main character in your own story. I'm all about that. It has the potential to be an amazing story game that isn't scripted. A story game where every character is a real person not an NPC. It's just a very cool idea and there are dull days but I keep on coming back when I can. Sometimes it's simple stuff, the social aspect, or just roaming DayZ, sometimes it is the people you meet.

We can all say how garbage the game is or how stale RP is here or there but most of us keep coming back because the potential is there and it's a new playthrough every time you log in. So I encourage all who want some real juicy story RP to just go for it. The hardest part of making something happen is starting. So you just gotta yeet and then you're on the move. 

For those not looking for a deeper purpose, keep just playing, having fun, enjoying yourself, memeing around, shooting people and whatever else you do.

DayZRP simply put is just GOOD.

Meeting people and leaning about there story's, in a weirdly natural way.

running with a good friend, shit talking each other.

also some of the bugs in this game are pretty hilarious.  

1) Most? Effort people put into characters. Like learning new languages for it. I highly respect those who learned some czech sentences and are using it properly. 

2) Characters wit proper CP and lore / immersion driven background.

Animation modding. Working crutches.

homer simpson drool GIF

Umm this is a difficult one umm how about good banter, exploring and meeting new people, exciting story's, how some people rp can be pretty hilarious and has me in stitches so lets say a good laugh, half the time I'm in stitches when trying to be calm and serious

emilia clarke laughing GIF

Spoiler

image.png.faaa1f60bff50d9c2bedb0ad9e725703.png

Seeing this screen and then regearing afterwards

people's //permission to ERP or //stop taking my gear, I will get you banned xD

Posted (edited)

When you get in game and can fully be the character with that characters problem and forget all your own just running around an apocalyptic world with a complete set of different worries and priorities.

Remembering everything the character has been through. Trying to get immersed completely into her mindset and reasoning just following it down the rabbit hole seeing where it leads. The days I am more successful in being the character, I react better the more I understand her, the better I can play her. I look forward to the good days of just being that character and the scare and excitement it brings to walk around by yourself before you finally run into a person. Preparation makes it better. 

I look forward to sharing excitement and stories with those I get to meet that wish to have fun with her exploring for just a bit or for a long time, becoming a big part of who she is.

Watching her very slowly become something else and see her one day do things that she never would have many month before and see the exact long and stone filled road of how she got there. and who walked it with her.

Edited by GreenySmiley

30 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

people's //permission to ERP 

What in the world...? 

Don't people read the rules or something? Why do you have to be so damn nasty... Just go to WoW Argent Dawn and you'll get your ERP fix from there...