Server time (UTC): 2019-11-12, 17:12
Sign in to follow this  
Butterblade

Excessive OOC

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

Why the verdict is not fair: I think this verdict is not fair because I used the „//„ when making my comments to stop the RDMer from killing me after he RDMed my friend. And the person who rdmed me he was 183 meters away from me so he would not have even seen my messages and let alone that he had logged out 8 minutes after he had shot my friend and shot at me.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: I was trying to prevent the RDMer from commuting another rdm and get a harsher punishment 

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: have my ban lifted

What could you have done better?: Not have typed to prevent a player gaining another rdm 

While we understand why you typed OOCly being upset at the situation in hand, we always suggest keeping the OOC chat to a minimum and only used when it is necessary to tell someone that you have to leave/ask for permission to leave, or if you have to log off for a short amount of time. You were caught in the heat of the moment, and we can understand that you tried to communicate with the killer OOCly.

We don't see this as excessive OOC, since it was an attempt at communicating. However you should in the future leave this to the staff team to handle instead of trying to police the situation yourself with OOC chat.

With that said, you did flame in your OOC message, which is against our rules, especially the below mentioned one.

1.1 We demand all our members to be polite, behave maturely and with respect towards one another at all times. Do not insult, bully, harass, troll or provoke other DayZRP members.

In the future keep OOC to a minimum at all times, and don't flame other community members even if you are upset, this counts both on the website, Discord and in game OOC chat. We will remove the in game ban, however the warning points will stay for flaming.

Punishment adjusted - 2 day ban removed, warning points stay.

Signed @Hofer@Phoenix, @Derek Steel