Server time (UTC): 2019-11-15, 14:01
Deer Isle Purge
ONGOING | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Ends in 6 hours, 58 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
Camo

Suggestion: Car Spawns

Suggestion: Car Spawns  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm becoming more and more frustrated with cars. As you all know with our Chernarus (S1) server being full of players, cars don't exactly work as intended.

So let's go over the issues that I and other players tend to run into:

1.  Desync
    • When the server reaches beyond 30-45 players, a driver will begin to experience desync. It may be minor, it may be major. Don't matter how fast you drive, you'll eventually find yourself crashing your car.
  2. Server performance
    • Related to desync, you'll find that it's not simply the capacity of players on the server, but how long-term the server has been running the database (since the last wipe), regards to base-building, vehicles, mods added, etc. This causes issues on server performance.
  3. Loot availability conflicts
    • We had 5 mods, one of which effected the loot-tables, but not majorly. But now we have 14 mods, most of which add a couple hundred items to the server and now are embedded into the various different loot-tables, some of which aren't always placed into the correct loot-tables. 
    • With what is said previously, because loot-tables are affected, you'll find that two issues (below)
      • [1] You'll find it more difficult to finding that specific part you need to fix up the car. It lowers your odds.
      • [2] Related to server perfomance; there is less loot-spawns per building, so instead of finding 5-8 items in a garage, you'll find 1 or 2. It lowers your odds even more.
  4. Griefers, hoarders, and dickheads!
    • You finally find that car you've been looking for, and it appears to have all the parts it needs from a distance, but when you get there, you noticed all 4 tires are missing, along with the sparkplug, battery, and radiator. Now it's a question, if you want to be that guy who just shoots at the car in anger because some player did this, or if you just keep on going, leaving that car there to forever be an empty husk that no one will ever bother with until the end of time.

As you may have noticed, this server's base-game (vanilla) cars spawn incomplete of parts, or fuel containers/tools, forcing you to do repairs. If you had asked me in 0.62, I wouldn't have minded, but ever since 0.63, and 1.00 release, and the mods added to the server, it's now WAY more work and effort to deal with cars.

So here's my proposal, you may have noticed all the modded cars we added, spawn with all the car parts ,etc... I think we need to do that with the base-game (vanilla) cars as well. I also think we should take it a step forward and actually add a Jerry Can, tire repair kits, and tire iron, like it was in 0.62... 

TL;DR  --- Make all cars spawn with all parts and fuel containers/tools for ready use. To combat the four major issues stated above.

Edited by Camo

I hear (and assume) that certain or all cars are also prone to despawning or other issues that wreck them via glitches and bugs, so to make cars more viable, I am in favor of them initially spawning "ready to go", or at the very least "almost ready to go" with all core parts, but no fuel can (and no gasoline inside).

Edit: 20190929130242_1.jpg

Edited by Combine

8 minutes ago, Combine said:

I hear (and assume) that certain or all cars are also prone to despawning or other issues that wreck them via glitches and bugs, so to make cars more viable, I am in favor of them initially spawning "ready to go", or at the very least "almost ready to go" with all core parts, but no fuel can (and no gasoline inside).

Good point.

I should say though, that if a car isn't fully ready to go, then players are likely to just rip most of it's engine attachments out and run off hoping to encounter another car. Which leaves that car practically irrepairable, unless your luck is like a 2nd time lottery winner's.

I rather deal with car hoarding, then deal with empty husks all over the damn map.

made a thread about it, most people voted yes, idk if something was done about it

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by AndreyQ

2 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

made a thread about it, most people voted yes, idk if something was done about it

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, hopefully it will be looked into this time. If I understood correctly from what I read, it's a simple as going into the server configuration settings and changing a couple inputs.

2 minutes ago, Camo said:

Well, hopefully it will be looked into this time. If I understood correctly from what I read, it's a simple as going into the server configuration settings and changing a couple inputs.

It is. Cars used to spawn like that before.

I voted: "The Basic Essentials"

At the start of this year most cars you see would have everything on it + a full jerrycan. The only thing you needed was water for the radiator (which is fine by me)

Somewhere about 2 months ago cars started appearing missing parts like wheels and engine parts.
Im not sure how that happened, maybe someone took them off or it just spawned that way.

Either way its pretty annoying. Since the server is a bit laggy whilst driving, you crash it easily and then all your effort of collecting the parts needed is worthless.
Also people like stealing your car...

I like driving around, but ever since this started happening I wasn't able to get a proper car working.

I think we should get back to the point where you can get a car that is almost ready to go.

Cars are fine mate, there isn't really a need to change anything when it comes to the spawn rates, especially since the new cars were added.

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Cars are fine mate, there isn't really a need to change anything when it comes to the spawn rates, especially since the new cars were added.

I never said anything about spawn rates? o.O  I think those are fine since there's several new vehicles types.

I was strictly speaking upon how vanilla cars keep spawning with missing hull-components, wheels, etc...  And with the limited loot-table spawns in per building, and the vastly large loot-tables from all the custom items added to the game, it makes it MUCH more difficulty than it use to be, from a non-modded server (or 0.62 loot-tables for example).

1 minute ago, Camo said:

I never said anything about spawn rates? o.O  I think those are fine since there's several new vehicles types.

I was strictly speaking upon how vanilla cars keep spawning with missing hull-components, wheels, etc...  And with the limited loot-table spawns in per building, and the vastly large loot-tables from all the custom items added to the game, it makes it MUCH more difficulty than it use to be, from a non-modded server (or 0.62 loot-tables for example).

I mean, kinda did kinda didn't?

The heart of your post is that you want to change which state the vanilla cars spawn in? AKA how many parts they have as well as if they have jerry cans or not, and I'd argue that still falls under spawn rates in a sense.

Regardless, let me try to re-phrase.

I think the way that cars are handled in terms of spawns are fine, some cars will spawn with parts missing, some will spawn pristine with everything ready to go aside from fuel and water, and I think that is a system that works very well given how fragile vehicles are, and how they tend to get obliterated by lag or other bugs (Like being next to a tree on restart, see picture below.)

Spoiler

20190929130242_1.jpg

I think cars should be ready to go. People gut other cars for their parts anyway. If cars are ready to go and such, then people won't need to use Dex just to get around. Cars are more fun. 

Once again I will say this. Cars should be worked for and not taken for granted. Yes, dayz is glitchy buggy and desyncy game, where the cars Don't work properly. But neither do guns or base building. And you usually work for those as well. 

You work for hours upon hours for that sweet sweet rp m4. You build and gather stuff for that dank rp fortress for hours and you should spend time to gather parts for that car what you then use for time being until something happens to it. If the cars spawn ready to go, people will hoard and abuse the cars. Seen it in few pictures, on groups having over 10 cars stashed away in the woods. Because it was easy pickings, needing no effort. So no fully fixed cars.

i think a few should spawn repaired but the majority should spawn wrecked, but...... prized cars should be the ones that are wrecked and the crappy little cars should be less wrecked if you get what I mean 😕 

All cars should spawn with all parts and ready to go.

10 hours ago, Roland said:

And we should increase spawn rights by 100% 

14 hours ago, Roland said:

Unfortunately, they currently do not. If we're strictly speaking upon vanilla cars. The modded cars, I believe spawn ready-to-go.