Server time (UTC): 2019-11-22, 16:44 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Zero

NVFL Question

So I read over the ask staff question located here and became curious about something.

If someone were to knowingly NVFL because it's something their character would do and they intended to PK from being gunned down while outnumbered and someone were to report them would they be given a ban for NVFL or would staff excuse it since they intended to PK anyway. An example would be someone decided to sacrifice themselves by running out the front to hold off a group so their allies could escape from another entrance

Edited by Zero

I believe it has been established in the past that so long as you mark the character as dead afterward the IC incident, you will not be issued an NVFL ban. You didn't demonstrate no value for life and expect the character to live; it was the end of the characters story.

Looks like as with many things, it may be more case by case.

This verdict was shared to me, showing that someone that NVFL'd was still punished for the ban.

It would be my personal stance that if a player NVFL'd and perm'd the character, no further punishment is needed.

I'm not a high-ranked staff member, but I will state my stance on this as well.

Since I joined in 2017, I have felt the same as Rover on this one, but I will take it a step further. It's not simply the rules that I focus onto much when it comes to stating my input on a topic, but to ensure that everything stated falls into the "Core Values" of the community. Core Values is like the Ten Commandments from the Holy Bible, and is the foundation that builds up the rules.

That being said, if it's within good intentions, and not simply a character you throw together just to kill off shortly later, to bypass a rule and/or to gain some advantage over others, then I would see it as not an NVFL, but an appropriate PK.

Had a bit discussion with Rover about this and im up for this. Considering possible cons, pros and tools, we could at least try it.  As a opposite if someone would try to abuse this and get caught by hand i´d say hit it with appropriate punishment.

EDIT: As it is apparently reviewd from case to case no changes might be needed.

It is case by case. If the person in question domes a bunch of people with less than acceptable RP prior and does it out of pure salt, I consider that NVFL.

If the person has been actively participating in the roleplay and made hints as to ending his story and the RP is decent for everyone involved and provides story development, and all the clues point to the character validly ending their story, I would not consider it NVFL.

Sign in to follow this