Server time (UTC): 2019-11-21, 22:28
Sign in to follow this  
DerrickStorm

Large Net Trap

o7.

I've decided to check out the fishing mod and I've been enjoying it very much. The problem is I'm not sure how the large net trap is supposed to work. According to mod description you need a bait for it. I can't combine anything with the trap, can't drag it into traps inventory (like worms), can't place the trap (other then with 'insert' mode). Anyone tried it out and could help me out?

Hi in this video you see how he has to place the trap first and then place the bait in it. Are you sure you are in deep enough water when trying to place the trap?

Thank you, I'll check it out again once I log back. I've been running with the trap in hands (insert on/insert off) with the water reaching my waist, but maybe I missed the placement "ghost".

Yeah also the video says its salt water only but this is probably a earlier version of the mod so it should work in lakes aswell.

you can trye to toggle the placment thing with insert and use the placment mod we have and see if thet works

1 hour ago, Derek Steel said:

you can trye to toggle the placment thing with insert and use the placment mod we have and see if thet works

It seems to work with placement mod "deployment" correctly. I thought placing it on the surface might be a problem, but I was wrong. Works very nicely. Thank you.

3 hours ago, DerrickStorm said:

It seems to work with placement mod "deployment" correctly. I thought placing it on the surface might be a problem, but I was wrong. Works very nicely. Thank you.

Now get us more food ❤️ 

I was wondering about this myself, thanks @Astraal!  I probably should mention this since this is related, if you store items into the net, in your inventory, the items will erase from existence when you relog. Just a noted bug. I noticed the mod author said it could be used to store things, but it's broken right now.

To add: It seems the large net trap works only in salt-water, haven't had any luck with it in ponds or creeks.