Server time (UTC): 2019-11-13, 13:29
Sign in to follow this  
Saradomin

Disallow *frisk for radio*

My suggestion is to disallow the *frisks for radio* //do i find one or //if i find one drop it, sort of stuff.

As in game radios are now very common, to further RP, i suggest you now physically have to take the radios from the persons inventory. This to further all ours beloved immersion, but also to further RP, where if the person being frisked has a secret hidden radio in a cooking pot, which could be missed by sloppy initiatiors, can lead to more different rp.

Opinions?

The *frisk for radio* is to prevent people from hiding a second radio in their inventory without making them take all their clothes off to physically search through, as stripping a player or asking them to strip is considered BadRP

The everyone would just tie their hostage and search them instead. Waste of time. -1.

1 minute ago, AndreyQ said:

The everyone would just tie their hostage and search them instead. Waste of time. -1.

4 minutes ago, Fae said:

The *frisk for radio* is to prevent people from hiding a second radio in their inventory without making them take all their clothes off to physically search through.

This is my point, however the opposite, you would tie them up, and actually search them. During this time you could *rp*.    

Just now, Saradomin said:

This is my point, however the opposite, you would tie them up, and actually search them. During this time you could *rp*.    

You can rp while frisking them too.

Just now, AndreyQ said:

You can rp while frisking them too.

Absolutley, wont argue that, i just dont see the "waste of time" part.  Would it be a waste of time because you had to spend more time together with the guy you robbed?

+1

I see where you're coming from. I'm suprised this is not done instead of asking for a player to give it up immediately. If I can have stuff stolen off me secretly and with out being told why they are taking my stuff, why should I have to tell you if i have a hidden weapon or radio? You chose rob me. So do the work for it. Stick around and RP woth me as you search me. Ask people who have robbed me, I comply because I value my life. Not just "hands up! Tie up your hands! Ok you can go." 

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

Like @AndreyQ said, waste of time, just seems like your nit picking at this point, I am all for realism but the line needs to be drawn somewhere, it’s not that deep to see *pats man down for radio* // do I find one. Don’t really see the issue 

Also with tying people up and searching them this is dayz many people have died from server crashes when being tied up,  

41 minutes ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

I see where you're coming from. I'm suprised this is not done instead of asking for a player to give it up immediately. If I can have stuff stolen off me secretly and with out being told why they are taking my stuff, why should I have to tell you if i have a hidden weapon or radio? You chose rob me. So do the work for it. Stick around and RP woth me as you search me. Ask people who have robbed me, I comply because I value my life. Not just "hands up! Tie up your hands! Ok you can go." 

Also I don’t know if you know this (and you should as your staff), if your hiding a weapon or radio when you have been searched (NOT ASKED) this is a rule break 

Edited by ne_om

Biggest problem I have with "*frisks for radios, weapons, explosives* //do I find any." Is metagame. Their name gets shown, and captors behavior could change in a snap. 

Why does it matter? one way or the other a one of them looks into the inventory and drops it.

Disallowing it is not needed at all.

Edited by Eagle

Who gives a shit? Honestly, why is this even a deal? I need to ask.

You have to understand, people will pull the most ridiculous bullshit to try and get an in game edge, right up to the most minor of things such as a radio. They'll pull everything right up to having a walky talkie buried three feet up their ass if you let em get away with it. To simply nip the bullshit in the bud with a simple *radio frisk* sounds great to me. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

The last thing that's needed is another pointless rule for 'because' reasons.

And besides... the last thing I wanna do is strip someone down to their undies just to be safe.

Edited by Tony

48 minutes ago, ne_om said:

Like @AndreyQ said, waste of time, just seems like your nit picking at this point, I am all for realism but the line needs to be drawn somewhere, it’s not that deep to see *pats man down for radio* // do I find one. Don’t really see the issue 

Also with tying people up and searching them this is dayz many people have died from server crashes when being tied up,  

Also I don’t know if you know this (and you should as your staff), if your hiding a weapon or radio when you have been searched (NOT ASKED) this is a rule break 

You're right, I do know this. I still stand by my opinion. 

And since the updates, I've yet to hear of people dying from being tied up and the server crashing. 

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

2 hours ago, Saradomin said:

It is actually quite difficult to RP while searching someone, as I'm not sure about you but I can't use voice while I'm in the inventory screen.

This suggestion doesn't seem to be worth adding to me. I see no issue with leaving //frisks for radio & weapons as something in game. It saves a lot of time being spent shuffling silently through someones backpack for those people that don't tie up and rob every hostage they have, which are the vast majority I have encountered. 

38 minutes ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

You're right, I do know this. I still stand by my opinion. 

And since the updates, I've yet to hear of people dying from being tied up and the server crashing. 

Nice edit, so if you know it why are you hiding things when you say people are searching you ? 
Coz like you said YOU DO KNOW the rules, your openly admitting to breaking one 

Edited by ne_om

9 minutes ago, ne_om said:

Nice edit, so if you know it why are you hiding things when you say people are searching you ? 
Coz like you said YOU DO KNOW the rules, your openly admitting to breaking one 

It's my opinion. Only that. 

Seems like a good episode for EliteRP by Shanoby. I think this is great idea. 

Also pretty sure if person is tied up you can go through their entire inventory WITHOUT getting them naked.

Although what to do in a situation where you hold someone up and you do not have things to tie the victim up with? 🤔

+1

16 minutes ago, Shanoby said:

Seems like a good episode for EliteRP by Shanoby. I think this is great idea. 

Also pretty sure if person is tied up you can go through their entire inventory WITHOUT getting them naked.

Although what to do in a situation where you hold someone up and you do not have things to tie the victim up with? 🤔

+1

You are correct, once tied up you have access to all their inventory.

As I said a few posts above however, I'm not sure how much eliteRP I can provide if I'm robbing someone while shifting through their inventory. With the way some people carry storage items I'd be spending a considereable amount of time 'dumping' their shit on the floor so I can make sure there are no hidden weapons, rearranging their OCD backpacks, while at the same time earning the ire of the hostage forced to sit there while I rummage through their worldly possessions.

EDIT - Also, forgot to add for clarification I can't voice while I'm in my inventory, which means while I'm sorting through their stuff.

As I'm someone usually being that hostage, I'm a lot happier skipping all that with a 'Yes you can give me a quick frisk/patdown' instead.

12 minutes ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

It's my opinion. Only that. 

Again I’m sorry, you stated and I can’t quote you coz you edited that post 4 mins ago which is rather suspicious, but, you said you’d move things around to make it harder when someone is searching you, that’s a rule break, just coz it’s your opinion to try and find a loop hole which looks very much like the case as you don’t want to lose your roleplay mp7 or your grandads SVD it is still a rule break. 

5 minutes ago, ne_om said:

Again I’m sorry, you stated and I can’t quote you coz you edited that post 4 mins ago which is rather suspicious, but, you said you’d move things around to make it harder when someone is searching you, that’s a rule break, just coz it’s your opinion to try and find a loop hole which looks very much like the case as you don’t want to lose your roleplay mp7 or your grandads SVD it is still a rule break. 

I looked at the edit history.

In his first edited post, he added a +1 at the top.

In his second edited post, all he changed was the portion thats bolded.

I'm not sure what you saw about shuffling items, but its not in the edit history.

posted with perms from Voodoo ❤️ 

Unless im misunderstanding something, im not sure what the big deal is here? Since you can now restrain someone without them dieing if the server crashes, why not just tie them up and search yourself. You don’t need to talk while doing it. When ive had my arse crack searched by the feds they don’t start chatting about the weather, they just get on with it.

The game mechanics allow searching so, just use them.

Edited by andysuter

*Frisks for radio* is there to prevent someone keeping a second radio hidden on them. It doesn't break immersion infact its another RP element that can lead to a discussion and further the RP of the situation.

Its down to the hostile party to decide what they do, some will tell you to drop the radio see it on the floor and not frisk some will frisk to be sure they wont be killed (thus valuing their life). The hostile party does not need to frisk the person however as they can just simply tie them up rendering the radio useless unless the victim metagames.

Edit: Most hostile groups wont want to tie up the victim simply because it slows them down with moving which is why the text of frisking for a radio is there to assist. Lets be honest 99.99% of all initiations drop have the victim broadcasting it all over the radio to their party meaning speed is high priority to getting away to gain the RP needed rather than getting shot at and making the situation worthless

Big phat no -1

It's a simple solution that gets the bad part of "rp" out the way first with the whole "drop weapons, drop radio" etc. You're actively asking us to spend more time fixating on the gear the individual has whereas I'd rather just have them drop it immediately and then move on with the RP.

Why is this an issue?

If the initiating party wishes to search through a persons effects themselves, tying people up is an option. If a quick frisk search to remove radios is more appropriate for the situation, the emote exists to allow that. Here at DayZRP we try to find a middle line between realism and the limitations of gameplay. In the real world I wouldn't have to commit to some pseudo bondage to find a persons radio, infact it would be extremely weird if people did that every time.

It's absolutely a non-issue and only serves to pit a limitation on initiators by requiring them to carry around some form of binding. No. -1

Let us just agree to disagree. And go play some Dayzrp? 

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

Thanks for all feedback. 

No, this isn't a major issue. Just a thought I have been having.  Personally i would like it this way, but definetly see the other side.