Server time (UTC): 2019-11-15, 14:00
Deer Isle Purge
ONGOING | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Ends in 6 hours, 59 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
Yuri Darmachev

Is theft big on the server?

Who steals 700 rounds of 5.56 and a bunch of saline from someone? 25 cans of food? 9 bags of chips? Vodka? Man legit just got robbed blind last night and I had a lock on everything.  I can understand if I had someone Rp Into my house but like overnight theft when all 5 of us got off?

It's part of the game. This server isn't for people that just want no kos or for them to horde loot, it's for RP. Robbing people is a part of that. The real question is why are you hording 700 rounds of 5.56? lol

Edited by Zero

Well like I said I could understand some Rp robbing a house but is that just a thing?  You can guilt free offline steal all of someone's things? Like having everyone run around with the same ammo type helps but then you take all that ammo and leave them high and dry? Bud that's a bit much for me right now. But to answer we all have 5.56 weapons.

honestly seems like you were targeted by the local offline robbers, be wary and set boobytraps man

To put it in a more educated manner of survival speak though.  Everyone running 5.56 can toss a mag to someone when they run low, you collect 3 ammo types and dont have to work about picking everything up.  Have your bulk stocks so you can work and go.

I think it's just alittle dumb you gotta roleplay it captures and killing but you walk up and pick and cut all our locks and not have to roleplay it with the owners.  Not even a hey we did this post.

I mean don't horde 700 rounds of 556, seems like a bad idea.

People can rob you whenever they want on the server. We do not play in a safe bubble, you're at risk to be robbed. You're at higher risk if you cary high grade military gear and, well, horde stuff.

"At higher risk if you carry high grade military gear" sounds like some gear Rp to me I guess it's wrong to have an Rp hub/trading place.  Rip the dream of actually having legit Rp instead of the whole.  "Oh you saved me from zombies." 5 second Rp.  Wander around, "Oh hey." Person walks off it ignoring your character Rp.  I guess imma stay in the wrong here rught?

Edited by Yuri Darmachev

Imo, as someone who actually knows about survivalism, stockpiling is how you survive. Want to survive the winter? Stockpile food.  Want to have enough bullets to survive a zombie invasion? Stockpile bullets.

Just as well, Offline raiding is a blatant abuse of game mechanics for gain.  Isnt that frowned upon in the same way as ghosting and combat logging?  Theft is natural, but the assumption should be that offline players are HOME rather than that offline players are out in the world, right?  so explain to me please why stealing from people while they are offline is not similar to Ghosting, Combat logging and the like?

I would be fine if the rule was "If you see players leave their base, you know they are on, feel free to raid."  it also spawns RP in a real way, where theres the chance to be caught or to have actual RP happen..  thats nothing but positive for the server right?  And inversely, isnt it bad for the server to punish people who have longer offline times due to say a job?

Edit addition: I just am confused and want to know the real logical reasoning aside from "GIT GUUD" equivalent things or people saying for me to not do something that any smart character would do.

Edited by willowpanda
Addition

8 minutes ago, willowpanda said:

Just as well, Offline raiding is a blatant abuse of game mechanics for gain

If you cannot keep your stuff safe while you are offline, you're going to have to improve security measures.

15 minutes ago, Yuri Darmachev said:

"At higher risk if you carry high grade military gear" sounds like some gear Rp to me 

"Gear RP" as such, doesn't exist. Anyone can steal anything from you. You are not protected from being robbed by the rules. If you do not wish to get robbed for high grade gear, don't carry any or stash it away in a very secure, isolated and secret location.

If you have a base people will rob it if they can all comes down to how well you hid it.

Edited by Eagle

Alright, I have seen a good example of how this community operates then.  It's not a real good taste that I leaves in your mouth.  I cant imagine I'm going to spend alot of time here In my opinion.  Like it's a game to Rp on the side on anyway but this kind of stuff is what is gunna push me away fast.

2 minutes ago, Yuri Darmachev said:

Alright, I have seen a good example of how this community operates then.  It's not a real good taste that I leaves in your mouth.  I cant imagine I'm going to spend alot of time here In my opinion.  Like it's a game to Rp on the side on anyway but this kind of stuff is what is gunna push me away fast.

You can RP without getting robbed. If you are wearing civilian clothing, cary civilian weapons, use melee weapons for infected and are friendly towards other players, most of the time you wont get robbed. But being robbed is also part of the game and delivers a fantastic story progression and hostile RP experience. 

This server is not a safe zone. As I mentioned, no rules protect you from being robbed, only from being robbed in a fashion that provides no RP at all, which is a reportable offense.

So you want people to know who owns the base, look at the playerlist to see if they are online before they raid? Want them to wait for you before they can raid? Or is it just the thought of people "stealing" that is the issue here? 

Nah I got you.  You see there comes a time in a man's life when he has his kindness spit on and rubbed Into the dirt one too many time.  You start to see alittle spark in thier eyes like something just clicked.  You know a man doesnt have to be kind, a man doesnt have to try to make the world a better place.  You see when that man breaks and decides that trust isnt something he can give away anymore then there it is.  That's how your pockets start going dry.  Imma fix this up real good now.

1 minute ago, Yuri Darmachev said:

Nah I got you.  You see there comes a time in a man's life when he has his kindness spit on and rubbed Into the dirt one too many time.  You start to see alittle spark in thier eyes like something just clicked.  You know a man doesnt have to be kind, a man doesnt have to try to make the world a better place.  You see when that man breaks and decides that trust isnt something he can give away anymore then there it is.  That's how your pockets start going dry.  Imma fix this up real good now.

bro it's a game.

The thing is more it's a roleplay server so you want to to be the focus, you do this whitelist so people understand this.  You want your stuff do what someone else did and go drag yourself in the mud and go do what we all spent time doing and scavenge and socialize.

Sure it's a game but look in this post at all the people support the idea of taking things without roleplay on a roleplay server. so I have to spend more time not roleplaying to go grind again.  It's okay I'll just do what you guys do and start doing the same 

3 minutes ago, Yuri Darmachev said:

That sounds like character development, good for you. Good luck out there.

4 minutes ago, Yuri Darmachev said:

The thing is more it's a roleplay server so you want to to be the focus, you do this whitelist so people understand this.  You want your stuff do what someone else did and go drag yourself in the mud and go do what we all spent time doing and scavenge and socialize.

Sure it's a game but look in this post at all the people support the idea of taking things without roleplay on a roleplay server. so I have to spend more time not roleplaying to go grind again.  It's okay I'll just do what you guys do and start doing the same 

It's the apocalypse. What do you think people do when they want something when supplies get low? They steal them. It's all story progression.

I've had trading posts in the past and I had my shit robbed from my store, my stock pile of fat loot has been stolen while I was offline. Yeah sure its annoying but end of the day, if you cant protect your loot then simply don't horde your gear or find somewhere better until you have the man power to have a trade post or base that is protected but there always a fear that there always someone who can get into your base. 

If I find a base, I will break in and steal everything inside. 

Edited by FalkRP

Since this is more of a discussion than a question

/Moved to Discussions

I am for the people and I set up trading shops, bandits come and steal from me so I fight back to these bandits. 

8 minutes ago, Yuri Darmachev said:

You know it is good progression because you turn a good man Into bandit real quick like that

Exactly. Your character changes, sounds like perfect character progression and rp development to me!

50 minutes ago, willowpanda said:

Just as well, Offline raiding is a blatant abuse of game mechanics for gain.  Isnt that frowned upon in the same way as ghosting and combat logging?  Theft is natural, but the assumption should be that offline players are HOME rather than that offline players are out in the world, right?  so explain to me please why stealing from people while they are offline is not similar to Ghosting, Combat logging and the like?

There's no way to tell when you find a base if the people are offline or just outside doing something else. Imagine having to grab staff every time you want to raid a base just to make sure they're not offline. You stockpile on loot, someone finds it, it's xmas day. Too bad you're the secret Santa. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chances are they took your shit out of your tent, if you had it in one, took it with them and then dumped it so they didn't get done for griefing. Set traps and hope they work, its all you can do against offline raids.