Server time (UTC): 2019-11-13, 10:57
Sign in to follow this  
APositiveElmo

Remove NBC Clothing from Item Shop

Remove NBC Clothes/Gas Mask from item shop.  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thread title says it all. NBC clothes now have functionality in game and purchasing them on the item shop gives easy access to areas designed to be difficult to access. I also propose that the functioning gas masks are removed from the item shop for the same reason.

Edited by APositiveElmo

I say no only for the fact that people have already bought it, you'd have to refund the cost of that all to people which I'm sure would be a hassle, and some people use that for the aesthetic rather than the ability to go into the toxic areas. If you could offer compensation to people who bought it and maybe even something extra for the inconvenience I don't think it would be that big a deal. I don't personally own the stuff but I know how annoying it would be if pieces of my outfit suddenly were removed from the shop.

11 minutes ago, Malthis said:

I say no only for the fact that people have already bought it, you'd have to refund the cost of that all to people which I'm sure would be a hassle, and some people use that for the aesthetic rather than the ability to go into the toxic areas. If you could offer compensation to people who bought it and maybe even something extra for the inconvenience I don't think it would be that big a deal. I don't personally own the stuff but I know how annoying it would be if pieces of my outfit suddenly were removed from the shop.

Refund for item shop credit that can be spent on other items. Problem solved.

Was about to start a thread on the same topic. Nbc suits are very usefull now and i think being able to spawn them in ruins the rp of having to go around looking for all the gear. Also paid advantages shouldn't be a thing. But refund them obviously for the people that have alraedy bought them.

They are ruined in 5 min. So I fail to see the point. Also I doubt @Roland wants to go through all those refunds when he's banking right now.

5 minutes ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

They are ruined in 5 min. So I fail to see the point. Also I doubt @Roland wants to go through all those refunds when he's banking right now.

20 minutes ago, Horatio said:

They ruin in 5-10 min though? So I don't know how useful they are at the moment.

The permanence of this is up for debate. See this thread for further details.

Remove them and give a refund of shop credit. Maybe throw in a free credit or two for their troubles. 

I vote no, unless I can be refunded the €3+€5 credits back to my Credit Wallet that I spent already. But I can understand why players may want this removed, as it does gain players advantage. But to be honest, the ToxicMod isn't working as it should; so wouldn't be surprised if Roland decides to remove it or tweaks it (if possible).

A solution is being worked on.

54 minutes ago, Roland said:

A solution is being worked on.

If the possible solution is to replace the Itemshop item with a cosmetic one the gives no protections, could you possible increase the slots in the replacement NBC stuff, to a generic size, like 20 to 30 slots? Otherwise it seems rather pointless to wear. They're like 12 slots. Right now it makes sense, cause a wearer sacrifices storage space for biohazard/radiation/tear-gas protection.

I'm aware the Itemshop's purpose is for cosmetic appearance, not to have advantages over other players, but I figured I would ask since it's possible when you create a new item, at least that's what I understood from Ducky and Watchman, talking to me about it. 😛 

I agree to be removed from store for obvious pay for advantage  part.  But really removed not only altered no not have protection effect as i dont want to find spawned stuff thinking its ok and proper one. Someone would say it could be faulty one...happens...immersion but no.

It's specifically said in the item store;

"NOTE: Item shop items are only available on PC servers! Items sold and spawned through Item Shop are purely cosmetic. All items listed are altered variants of the originals with reduced armor and storage capacity to prevent giving unfair advantage."

If this is not the case and people are capable of spawning functioning NBC suits, I'm sure what Rolle posted above about it being worked on will be the fact that it will no longer have the same protective capabilities as a actual NBC suit found within the game. This would fix the issue without the need of having it be removed from the Item Store and would still allow it being spawned by people that just like to wear NBC for cosmetic purposes (and not to venture into high quality RP zones).

Edited by Kenyi

I mean, just look at the most popular items in the item shop, it’s clearly being used to get NBC lol. Boots pants and jacket are in the top popular items bought rn. 

@Roland any update on this?

28 minutes ago, APositiveElmo said:

@Roland any update on this?

It will be fixed in next DayZRP patch, the item shop versions of NBC and gas masks will not offer protection.

Bought the entire nbc set sometime ago.. For potius roleplay.. Im all for refunding and getting sonething else.. but i dont want a non functional version.. Its gona be so dumb when 3-5 guys walk in to a gas zone and 1-2 of them drop dead cause they accidently wear cosmetic items that look the same.. they be downright pointless and i feel it kinda breaks immersion having to tell my friends i got a hole in the suit.. and have to find a new set. Bio suits are incredibly  frustraiting to wear irl.. it make no sense to wear them if they dont function. if they are damaged you would just take it off..

Edited by Timeremortem

On 10/16/2019 at 6:24 AM, Roland said:

It will be fixed in next DayZRP patch, the item shop versions of NBC and gas masks will not offer protection.

I agree with what Timeremortem said. It makes no sense to add a non functioning version. God I would hate to raid someone’s base and steal a suit then I drop dead while in a zone because it’s just a cosmetic item. 

You could put a different texture for ones that work. Like a patch or something small or maybe change the name to something that makes sense.

@Roland Will it be branded, marked, or in some way otherwise noted in game where it can be seen that it will not protect from Toxic Cloud? Items spawned in the item shop can change possession due to robbery, finding a corpse, etc, and someone might pick it up having no idea its the unprotected version. 

I'd prefer it just yoinked from the shop to avoid that whole mess of confusion myself.

4 minutes ago, Rover said:

@Roland Will it be branded, marked, or in some way otherwise noted in game where it can be seen that it will not protect from Toxic Cloud? Items spawned in the item shop can change possession due to robbery, finding a corpse, etc, and someone might pick it up having no idea its the unprotected version. 

I'd prefer it just yoinked from the shop to avoid that whole mess of confusion myself.

Make it so it's another class and the information on it could say Item shop etc

Make the real deal have "El Presidente" signed on it in Red. So we know which one is real and which is ont

Maybe add a texture of duct tape somewhere on it to show it’s compromised. If not remove it.. 

Edited by ZeroRP

Make them a bright blue or orange to help differentiate them. Make a camo one too with maybe "W.H.O." on the back. Or make them WHITE