Server time (UTC): 2019-11-13, 08:26
Sign in to follow this  
lunathecat

Base deleting?

So i have heard a few stories  and I probably will hear a few more as time goes on. 

But im Luna and I like to ask questions.

So admins delete bases when they believe  they have gone inactive or when the group that owns them archives.

First question.  If the base that is deleted is still in use by an active official group and staff made a mistake what happens?

Second question. Is there plans to put a better system in place to make sure more incidents dont happen?

Fourth question if someone's base was deleted wrongfully. What should they do?

Last question. Are the staff responsible for the damage to rp done by the deletion? Are they responsible to help the play rebuild or resupply materials to rebuild?

@Randy follow up questions. When  a base that is taken over is deleted. Do staff not take into account  that asking the staff could be done out of spite. And that this also effects the rp of taking it over a base and the natural flow of rp. Do you think this system will ever change to take into account people  having taken it over. And not having it deleted when people have.

Edited by lunathecat
Follow up

Greetings,

First Question: If a base is deleted then it was because if was found to be abandoned or it was requested to be deleted. If the active group that built it didn't request it then we will refund the tents and containers. Walls and Towers can be built so they can be replaced by the group. The items in containers will not be replaced. It is gear and is able to be found again.

Second Question: The system is this: an active group archives and contacts us to delete the base they built then it will be deleted. If we noticed that a base is starting to decay and has no signs that someone is trying to fix it then we will delete it. Otherwise we just don't go around deleting bases.

Third Question: If a base was deleted wrongfully then contact the Admins and we will sort it out.

Now I want to state this, if a base is abandoned and a person decides to take it over. Then the original owner contacts us to delete it, then it will be deleted. To avoid this situation please do not settle in locations where another active group has recently had a base. This will help avoid problems.

Hope this answers your questions @lunathecat. If you have more just edit your original post and tag me so I see it. 

Thanks,

Randy

10 hours ago, lunathecat said:

When  a base that is taken over is deleted. Do staff not take into account  that asking the staff could be done out of spite. And that this also effects the rp of taking it over a base and the natural flow of rp. Do you think this system will ever change to take into account people  having taken it over. And not having it deleted when people have.

No, we do not look into "spite". If a group archive we simply clean up the location where they had the base. The system will not change since bases cannot really be taken over - whoever built the original structures will always be considered the owner. So as Randy said, do not take over other groups bases or settle in locations where they had one recently because your things might get deleted.

Sign in to follow this