Server time (UTC): 2019-11-19, 01:15
Sign in to follow this  
APositiveElmo

Toxic Zone Update

So in the latest version of the Toxic Zone update I encountered two differences from the last time:

• The gas is now invisible.
  • NBC gets shredded within 1-5 minutes of entering a zone.

Is this intentional and, if so, will our dev team be able to change it to balance it out so we can spend some time in the zone after working for protective gear?

33 minutes ago, APositiveElmo said:

So in the latest version of the Toxic Zone update I encountered two differences from the last time:

• The gas is now invisible.
  • NBC gets shredded within 1-5 minutes of entering a zone.

Is this intentional and, if so, will our dev team be able to change it to balance it out so we can spend some time in the zone after working for protective gear?

The better question is do the suits even deteriorate? I was always under the impression they were reusable so long as they went through a decon shower. This is the case for the ones issued to the military as far as I am aware, the only ones that are one time use are civilian and low grade. In fact the Soviet suits, similar to the ones in the game were actually more protective and durable then the ones utilized by Western nations, the downside was they were pretty uncomfortable.

TLDR: Remove toxic zone deterioration. :trolle: 

EDIT:

Research says they last for several days but that's when you are forced to stay in a contaminated environment, so I was kind of right.

Edited by Zero

42 minutes ago, Zero said:

---The better question is do the suits even deteriorate? I was always under the impression they were reusable so long as they went through a decon shower.---

I honestly for the game's sake, hope that they deteriorate, to prevent players standing in ToxicZones 24/7 unless of course they have a lot of ducttape or radiation sickiness injectors.

11 minutes ago, Camo said:

I honestly for the game's sake, hope that they deteriorate, to prevent players standing in ToxicZones 24/7 unless of course they have a lot of ducttape or radiation sickiness injectors.

I think if we are going to argue realism then we need to be the same across the board. Not cherry picking when it's convenient. 

1 hour ago, Zero said:

I think if we are going to argue realism then we need to be the same across the board. Not cherry picking when it's convenient. 

I think you're right. If you already take the time to carry with you a full NBC outfit, have to move your gear around to accommodate, I don't see why they should deteriorate quickly. I know there's a medic bag that makes it easier but still, everyone's here to have fun.

3 hours ago, APositiveElmo said:

To answer your questions, is it intentional? Only the mod author knows the answer to that one. Will our dev team be able to do anything about it? Likely not.

From what I have understood about how these mods have been handled so far is that anything not developed in house cannot really be edited by our developers. There are multiple factors as to why but the main one being the whole permissions on mod editing deal. The only thing that can reasonably be done at this time is to navigate to the mod page itself and appeal to the developer to have the issues looked into.

Not really a productive answer, but the most realistic one I can give you.

Calling in @Dmitri_Medeleiv, author of the mod for his full PoV.

9 hours ago, Baron said:

To answer your questions, is it intentional? Only the mod author knows the answer to that one. Will our dev team be able to do anything about it? Likely not.

From what I have understood about how these mods have been handled so far is that anything not developed in house cannot really be edited by our developers. There are multiple factors as to why but the main one being the whole permissions on mod editing deal. The only thing that can reasonably be done at this time is to navigate to the mod page itself and appeal to the developer to have the issues looked into.

Not really a productive answer, but the most realistic one I can give you.

I just thought that the mod couldn’t be claimed as your own content, I don’t see how editing something inside the mod to adjust the gameplay is not allowed. Kind of lame  

5 minutes ago, Zero said:

I just thought that the mod couldn’t be claimed as your own content, I don’t see how editing something inside the mod to adjust the gameplay is not allowed. Kind of lame  

tenor.gif.4640c64e7428aa988f32073d603dec21.gif

In all honesty it's just generally considered not a cool thing to do within the modding community, and considering that's a source of some very good content, you more often than not want to apply by the agreed codes of conduct. Though with the developer actually in our community it seems, that may not be an issue anyway. Essentially we can modify our content to fit theirs, but not theirs without permissions, usually. 

5 minutes ago, Zero said:

I can't speak to the specifics of this mod, but some mods are built with flags/tools/switches inherently in them that can easily be turned on and off for adjustments.

For example, the Toxic Mod has means for us to set our own dynamic moving cloud, as well as the static ones. So clearly it has some things that are customizeable on our side. But whether all of it is, dunno! I'm not a Developer, and not the most saavy on modding.

Walked into Tisy started Puking and coughing saw nothing put a gas mask on and now I'm good but I still have radiation poisoning for life until I find a cure.
Hopefully this gets fixed.

Edited by Eagle

I messaged Roland about it.

Regarding the ToxicMod. I went up to Tisy again today and it seems the ToxicMod is actting up, it still works, but it's a bit buggy since the update the mod author did a couple days ago. Anyways, when it did work, the green gas was visible, the game announced you were in the toxic zone, and your suit slowly deteriorated within about 5-10 minutes. If your equipment became ruined you'd become sick, you'd cough, and puke. --- I just went up today post-update, and my suit is practically fried in 60 seconds, no ToxicZone announcement, no visible gas. Despite the condition of my NBC outfit, it seems as long it's worn (equipped), you'll be fine. Which kinda defeats the purpose of deterioration. I figured you'd want to look into it.

Pretty much, I went up again today, after that update from yesterday, and I found my gear becoming badly damaged really quick, my gas mask actually is ruined now. But I did not get sick (no indicator), I puked and coughed but my health/blood levels did not lower. So I guess as long as you keep your suit on when you enter and leave the zone, you'll be fine. It defintiely does need to be looked into, as the mod is no longer working as intended.

TL;DR Wear your suit if you're within 1km of Tisy/Kamensk military base, and no matter what condition your NBC outfit/mask is, you'll be fine.

Just make sure to alter/remove your outfit until you're 100% certain you're out of the zone, or you will become ill, and you'll die without a Radiation Sickiness injector. In regards to the Persistance bug with the mod, that was announced on public channels of our Discord, it's best that you don't intentionally do this. I would suspect it to be considered AOGM in the staff's eyes.

Edited by Camo

I've seen on the patch notes that the gas is supposed to be invisible but I've come across 2 "random" clouds on Deer Isle and both were green and very visible.

To recap:

1) I think it would be fine if Kamensk and then maybe Tisy have "invisible gas" or hazards, but green clouds would be preferred. Dynamic moving zones obviously need to have visible elements

2) The suit issues need to be fixed at the next best convenience or occasion. I also see no logical reason to have them break or almost dissolve within minutes. Realistically they should hold "long enough". I see no gameplay issues there. If people want to linger in such areas in safe clothing for a while, why not? From an RP or realistic POV, ask yourself if you would do this or if you could do this - what I want to say is the rest can or will be regulated through RP in that regard

Update, the rad sickness doesn't kill you anymore, at least from Tisy and Kamensk.

1 minute ago, APositiveElmo said:

Update, the rad sickness doesn't kill you anymore, at least from Tisy and Kamensk.

Still makes me vomit and cough when I log in though. 😕   Takes like  2 days of antibiotics and charcoal tabs to get rid of...

Frankly, I am fine with it being like this until they fix suit detoriation. Though maybe it's best if we just remove the mod for now.