Server time (UTC): 2019-11-22, 11:31 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Zero

Add a general store / trader zone (NPC)

Add a tradezone  

101 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah so since we added some new mods that include sweet clothing, I thought since we can't add them to the item shop (can't monetize another person's mod) then we could just add sort of trader zone that only sells clothing (no armor or anything like that). This trader could be located in a centralized area that doesn't have high foot traffic. This would give incentive to travel to lesser known areas of the map. I know some people might not like it because they think trading should be done through RP, which is correct. That could still take place as not everyone will want to travel all the way to the middle of no where just for some clothes. If we added a trader it could also be considered a faction trade zone and perhaps once a month that faction can visit the trade area and people could trade with them. They would have stuff like M249s and other very rare weapons. If we added the trader in we could also actually have a use for the currency that was being handed out months ago when we did trade events. 

Edited by Zero

I'd like the idea of a "traveling merchant" where there are just random spawns for them to show up. Put them behind bullet proof glass or something of that nature.

Either that of have the lore team start those biweekly trading posts again.

10 minutes ago, tossVC said:

you forget this is a roleplay server or something 

yeah that's kind of why I suggested having the area a lore faction H.Q.

Edited by Zero

Id like a currency system ingame but its a no from me for NPC traders.

This being an RP server any traders should be actual players you RP with.

Fuck no.

Squashes any of the non hostile RP. And now those that choose to do hostile RP can sell the items they steal? No thank you.

I get the idea behind the post, but in my opinion its nice that different things are worth various prices to different people instead of some kind of market standard that is set and therefor players must set their prices accordingly. The idea of having an in game currency is kind of cool my only issue is that's basically what I use nails  for (at lest from my experience).

Edited by Jim Smokes

1 hour ago, Jim Smokes said:

Squashes any of the non hostile RP. And now those that choose to do hostile RP can sell the items they steal? No thank you.

I get the idea behind the post, but in my opinion its nice that different things are worth various prices to different people instead of some kind of market standard that is set and therefor players must set their prices accordingly. The idea of having an in game currency is kind of cool my only issue is that's basically what I use nails  for (at lest from my experience).

Apparently you don't get the post. Did you even read it? The post states a trader that only sells clothing items, nothing else. You're not even allowed to strip someone of their pants and for the most part other clothing as it's considered bad-rp which is a rule break. The idea behind the item shop was to allow players the ability to have something similar to ARMA 2 skins, we can't monetize content that isn't ours the idea is for the trader shop to stand in for that so people can get the mod items for in game currency. It has it's flaws but so does everything else.

Edited by Zero

NO!!!!!!!! -1

That's what Trent Jaegar is for, the man who has a magic backpack and somehow manages to happen to have every item you need in the game when you ask for it at that exact very moment!

In all seriousiness, leave it to the players to ROLEPLAY as traders!

Big -1 on NPC spawned items as a whole, even if it's just clothing. The more ways you introduce NPCs / generated stuff the less "RP" and the less player interaction there is. 

+++ 1 

I'm in favor of it. It will allow us to make cosmetic items available that Mod Makers will not allow us to sell on our store. Make the clothing items sell for cheap too so in case there is a failure in the system, it's not a huge loss so people can't complain about the NPC not giving them their item and flood staff with demands for a refund. If can also bring in a currency and bring back treading for player traders. Because right now, there isn't any trading. Or trading center. 

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

Nope -1 will just increase the loot hoarding, will ruin the economy of the server and will create a safe zone where people will run and hide or run and act like a tough man inside there no pvp scripted area, sorry big fat no 

I will always -1 NPCs. You want a piece of something, then make a radio thread and ask for it. Or meet @Camo if he is as good as he says at finding/having stuff. We should try and promote player interaction even if it's for a poncho.

There's no feasible way this'll ever get implemented back into the game (that being a safe-zone or something akin to DayZMOD Taviana), as the community simply doesn't have the mindset for this kind of thing.

I agree that it'd promote people squirreling away more things to sell, although it would simultaneously promote people getting rid of things and more actively moving around the map scavenging things.

The current TraderRP is already close to non-existent (with mayhaps one or two exceptions, like @Camo). The amount of times I've had people offer proper trades for items (if at all offering a trade instead of just asking for it or giving it) other than ammo or the weapon on my back can be safely counted on two hands or less, as there is little incentive to/interest in trading things that you can't shoot. This mostly comes down to the fact that because things respawn and are generally pretty abundant, meaning nobody cares (enough) about trading for 'insignificant' stuff. 

There should be more focus on the RPitem side of things, like cigarettes and the like, but the majority of the community simply doesn't care about 90% of the items that are obtainable in this game.

-1 , because RP > Gear. Simple as that.

+1

But only if it sells clothing. If it also sells guns don't.

-1 from me

I don't really see the need of a NPC trader on a roleplay server. 

I mean... so that guy just stands there and you can buy stuff. You can't interact with it in any different way, like talk about informations or even rob him, which really doesn't make much sense in my eyes. Besides that, on a roleplay server people should rather try to trade with each other... and no... playing a trader doesn't mean you need 20 tents and 10 barrels and that you need to have something from everything! A trader trades with what he has, trades then to get other stuff other people need so he can trade those things for stuff he then needs for himself. 

Simple as that.

I like NPCs. I also like that it would add currency to the game and that items in game would actually start circulating (people would pick things up to sell them at the trader). I also like the fact that it would add a safe zone and a hot spot that would actually stay populated thanks to the presence of the trader. Perhaps we would just increase purchase prices and lower sell prices to make it more grindy and not too easy, especially on high end items. So it's absolutely +1 from me and I want it in now.

However, the only thing stopping me is that it would make the Item Shop somewhat obsolete, since you could buy anything from the NPC instead, for "free". It would devalue the purchases made in the item shop and I think people wouldn't like that very much.

6 minutes ago, Roland said:

I like NPCs. I also like that it would add currency to the game and that items in game would actually start circulating (people would pick things up to sell them at the trader). I also like the fact that it would add a safe zone and a hot spot that would actually stay populated thanks to the presence of the trader. Perhaps we would just increase purchase prices and lower sell prices to make it more grindy and not too easy, especially on high end items. So it's absolutely +1 from me and I want it in now.

However, the only thing stopping me is that it would make the Item Shop somewhat obsolete, since you could buy anything from the NPC instead, for "free". It would devalue the purchases made in the item shop and I think people wouldn't like that very much.

Make people go to the NPC Item trader to spawn in Item Shop gear when IG. :trolle:

5 minutes ago, Roland said:

As an alternative, you could make the IG trader only supply items that are not available from the item shop. Ammunition, nails, things people IG value and want to trade. It would boost the currency value as well.

I'd hesitate to say high end guns, but just things that would be a quality of life to buy that aren't competing with the item store.

I like the idea just you know damn well everyone and their mother would sit in the safe zone and not leave so that they’re “safe”. Having a safe zone would cause so many issues

12 minutes ago, Roland said:

Could the NPC just sell items that have been ‘sold’ to it? Ie, it doesn’t sell just anything but rather just resells what other players have traded in.

This way if you really want a pink shemagh and no luck finding one wild, and the trader doesn’t have it, then the item shop is still an option.

We should do an NPC storage instead of a trader so i can store all my gear with 0% of a robbery. Now that would be helpful 

Edited by NozzyRP

Just now, AidanVC said:

I like the idea just you know damn well everyone and their mother would sit in the safe zone and not leave so that they’re “safe”. Having a safe zone would cause so many issues

only for hostile groups.....