Server time (UTC): 2019-11-21, 02:13
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

New DayZ Map

On 9/25/2019 at 9:56 PM, Major said:

We want Namalsk, motherfucker.

Namalsk is coming, but it is not an official map and it has never been an official map. The IP rights never belonged to Bohemia, they were always Sumrak's.

On 9/25/2019 at 10:27 PM, NozzyRP said:

Considering it took Bohemia 5 years to "finish" DayZ i think Deer Isle will be more finished than their pay to play map tbh 

I doubt it. If I had to guess, Livonia has been in development for at least an year and most likely quite a lot longer. Also it's the work of professional level designers that have worked on it full time, so I assume it's quite a bit more detailed & of higher quality than any modded map.

Oh and yeah, Sumrak has confirmed that it's going to be a paid DLC. But it will bring hundreds of free assets for map creation that are available to everyone and not just the DLC owners, which is quite exciting. Other than that, it's just a lazy business move that's quite unexciting, but very expected from Bohemia. The minute I saw the DayZ buildings on Livonia upon Arma 3 Contact's release, I knew that they were going to also throw it on DayZ since there's barely any work required to do that and possibly big returns.