Server time (UTC): 2019-12-10, 18:01 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Charlie

New DayZ Map

What do you guys think?

With 163KM2, Livonia is the second official map of DayZ.
After 5 years in Chernarus, players will now be able to bring everything they learned in this new challenge.

Based on the Arma 3 Contact Expansion's map, Dayz's Livonia brings a world scarred by the consequences of the virus. 
With its large green areas, heavily forested zones, lakes and rivers scattered across the land, Livonia is the perfect place to scavenge for resources, hunt for food, build your base and scout for unwanted presences. 

But don't let the beautiful landscapes of this new region fool you, there is a new predator roaming the forests of Livonia, bears.
Bears will give you a hard time if you don't know how to deal with them.
Do you have what it takes to survive this new threat?

Livonia also features a lush of late summer with frequent rainfall and thunderstorms. So make sure to be properly geared and on the look out for shelter at all times.

Embrace this new challenge and prepare to get lost in the vast lands of Livonia, either together with your allies or, as a lone wolf.

I'm actually curious to see this new map as I havent played Contact DLC for Arma 3. I heard Livonia is supposed to be a map based on a place in Poland, just like Chernarus is a place based on Czech Republic.

This is gonna be interesting if we decide to go with this as this would mean a new Lore and possibly a new country to explore, depending.

@Major loremasters... in general.

88978859.jpg

Edited by Shanoby

@Duquesne I think that might be a bit difficult, especially when a lot of the game world uses cyrilic letters and everything is written in czech 🤔

this looks neat I'm just happy it has bears

We’ll be trading Chernarussian nationalists for Polish nationalists. But for real though i’d be happy if we were to add this for some new lore. Perhaps even having something completely different happen that wouldn’t happen in Chernarus?

Can't wait to listen to people pronouncing polish cities names like the capitol - Andrzejów. Time for a Livonian char named Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz?

1 hour ago, Shanoby said:

@Major loremasters... in general.

88978859.jpg

In our Lore that area was ravaged by NATO-Russian fighting in the start of the outbreak. It's in the world lore if anybody cares. 

Here's your Lore:

"The small eastern European crossroads country of Livonia was overrun by Russian forces and was the sight of heavy fighting with NATO. Following this period the remaining pockets of civilization slowly fell as military forces retreated." 

There. Now find people to play on it.

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, Major said:

There. Now find people to play on it.

Idk. Doesnt say anything about angry local Russians. Radiation poisoning and farming infertile lands is a small price to pay so I don't get robbed when I rock my timberlands /s

Tbh with the new map we should scrap the current lore and allow @StagsviewRB and @Craig to have a fresh start and work theyre magic 

Edited by ne_om

Livonia first look through Arma 3 version of the map. 😎

Quick cap: possibly paid map, cause Bohemia said there will be paid DLC map at the end of this year at some point. Also release date November 13.

Edited by Shanoby

Bears. Ugh missed opportunity. I hope whomever does mini events hosts bear attacks in my honor. 

On one hand, there is going to be an obvious need for funds to prompt further development, on the other? This is some bogus recycled content. Still though, this boasts positive that Bohemia still cares enough to input dev time on this rather than ARMA4

Yeah my half-sarcastic post aside, I think that this is a crock of shit on their part. We want Namalsk, motherfucker. Not this. Ain't saying this map is bad but did anybody ask for it? I surely didn't. Its a new map in the same way a new Star Wars movie is new.

If people tire of Deer I suppose Rolando could toss this up. We will have it in the same Universe as everything else. We have no real prior Lore other than the area was a complete warzone for NATO and Russia for a few weeks. Kaliningrad is nearby plus it borders Poland, Belarus, Lithuania, and Russia. Lots of potential for neat characters and varying factions or other influences. Depends how deep Staggs and Craig want to go if we actually concoct a Lore for this and have it live before I get off break. Please leave suggestions here if you'd like. We are pretty much dealing with a blank slate. 

9nayk2yeb1031.png

Edited by Major

Yeah i don't see how it would be any different that Deer Isle considering we're still in eastern Europe, meaning things will pretty much be the same 

17 minutes ago, NozzyRP said:

Yeah i don't see how it would be any different that Deer Isle considering we're still in eastern Europe, meaning things will pretty much be the same 

Well the biggest difference is Deer Isle is that it is not even finished.

Key points about the map are that there is 'Harzard gameplay, an underground cave system, and river transportation/waterways' at least according to this HERE

On another note, not to be 'that guy' but apparently we should expect it to be paid DLC. According to this https://www.pcgamer.com/dayz-is-getting-a-new-map/

Imagine my face 2 minutes ago when I found out a map I already own on one bohemia game is being sold to me again on another bohemia game. 😡

Edit: The video posted above by Shanoby explains it pretty well if you have time to sit down and watch it.

Edited by Jim Smokes

8 minutes ago, Jim Smokes said:

Well the biggest difference is Deer Isle is that it is not even finished.

Key points about the map are that there is 'Harzard gameplay, an underground cave system, and river transportation/waterways' at least according to this HERE

On another note, not to be 'that guy' but apparently we should expect it to be paid DLC. According to this https://www.pcgamer.com/dayz-is-getting-a-new-map/

Imagine my face 2 minutes ago when I found out a map I already own on one bohemia game is being sold to me again on another bohemia game. 😡

Edit: The video posted above by Shanoby explains it pretty well if you have time to sit down and watch it.

Considering it took Bohemia 5 years to "finish" DayZ i think Deer Isle will be more finished than their pay to play map tbh 

I'd rather see us support and reach out to the modder currently making Namalsk SA a reality. He's also the creator of the ArmA 2/DayZMOD Namalsk to my knowledge (http://www.nightstalkers.cz/2019/08/31/aug-2019-status-update/ for the latest update on the standalone version, though it might still be a ways until he releases it). It looks very promising and thought out to say the least. The fact that Bohemia decided to adapt Livonia to DayZ instead of making a entirely new environment kind of saddens me (though from a business pov it makes sense, I suppose).

The chance of the new map being a paid DLC is very high and for the amount of new content (95% recycled content and the biggest "additions" being a new wild animal and a tractor from what this trailer shows us) I don't feel it'll be worth more than €5, but looking at Bohemia's previous DLC's I'd aim for at least €15. I'm not very excited about this whole new map coming out so far, unless the upcoming list of added features/mechanics/content they'll eventually post will make me reconsider (though if they don't add the over/under I'm not even going to bother).

If we adopt it I have confidence the Loremasters will give it a good swing, otherwise we risk just changing the locale from one backwater eastern country to another backwater eastern country (except then we'll have a abundance of angry Livonians instead of angry Chernarussians).

But hey, who knows, maybe they'll end up adding the aliens too. Wouldn't that be something.

At this point I would have really preferred just new loading screens. The map looks boring and it's hidden behind a paywall. People that are hyped for it will get bored in the first month because the map is literally in the same setting as Chernarus. Hills, forests and a few towns with copy and pasted buildings that have no points of interest or something unique that makes you wanna explore them. The only thing that is different is the location of the map, so at least lore wise things will be new. Even then it will get boring fast and won't have any challenges in playing it. Chernarussian nationalists will turn into Livonian nationalists, communist Russians will likely turn into Polish/German fascists and the other survivor will stay the exact same. Slava Livonia, I guess.

Bears are cool, but they will get added to all other maps. At least Deer Isle, has a big amount of infected that influences the way you approach places so the gameplay is not completely identical. This just looks like the exact same map, but a bit smaller. The only thing I am hyped for it's its price. Just curious how big it will be, especially with the amount of people upset about it.

👏

21 hours ago, DerrickStorm said:

Can't wait to listen to people pronouncing polish cities names like the capitol - Andrzejów. Time for a Livonian char named Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz?

The best part of that entire thing was the reaction of the soldier after the officer gave up

If only it was free to play...

probably gonna buy it anyway if we get a server for it.

I'm going to stay optimistic about this. It's a new map and something different. I'm excited and we have have new guns and vehicles too! What's not to be excited about? 

Edited by Crimson_Tiger