Server time (UTC): 2019-11-19, 01:12
Sign in to follow this  
Crim

Bring back increased stamina?

Bring back increased stamina?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Again pretty simple, bring back increased stamina?  Travelling long distances is now such a chore in this game, and it is not fun doing so.

Edited by Crim

Yes please or add fast travel with the mods 

No. 
muh immersion. 

Edited by Zero

Find a car

1 hour ago, Roland said:

Find a car

Me doing parkour with a car

Spoiler

I get your statement I do, but.... The stamina is REALLY low... Like even a slight increase would make a world of difference. Like there are really cool mechanics in but they are really difficult to use due to stamina.

Perhaps... Lower the stamina requirement for them?

You want to travel heavy, you'll have to move slower. If not, drop one of 20 guns, don't use a plate carrier etc. I do travel alot around the map, mostly on foot and don't see such a big problem - I do usally sprint (without any meds) which consumes more supplies. There's always something in the inventory you can drop to let you climb the walls again. Fasttravel would be kick in the nuts.

Seems fine the way it is to me honestly. I don't see why we need to be able to sprint like we're the flash tbh.

Leave it how it is.

Travel-time is a part of roleplay, treat it like that.

I don't mind it as is honestly, especially with how small Deer Isle is.

Then again, I'm not gonna be angry if stamina gets increased.

I go around with a main rifle, a handgun, plenty of ammunition and cooking supplies and tools and I'm at about half stamina. It still lets me get around and jump most walls. If you want to wear a plate carrier and triple carry assault rifles and snipers, you should pay the price. I think increasing stamina would really only benefit hoarding, I don't think it's needed at all.

Edited by OldSchool

Increase stamina, nerf the shit out of dex, beanz to the right please.

No do not buff it there are many ways to increase stamina as is

epis and dex, and not carrying a militia!

I get around perfectly fine and if you want to carry plate carriers, multiple assault rifles, half an armory or building supplies there is a price to pay,

because those things are heavy, has anyone irl felt a plate carrier and an assault rifle or long pieces of wood hammers

and such they aren't light  there is epis and dex which can keep a player at a speed they want

if you want to run faster for longer loose the extra baggage

A pretty biased poll, time to stop the stamina discussion now I think.

It's been established, and while I actually agree with @APositiveElmo regarding nerfing items like dex and buffing stamina, the new vehicles implemented have been performing amazingly well despite what I thought would be a janky mess. People have become very used to sprinting everywhere as fast as possible, and that's in part to the fact that we've lacked a variety of working vehicles for some time, but the consensus always was prior to Standalone that if you wanted to get somewhere fast? Grab a vehicle. It's inherently a part of what makes DayZ the game it is, taking the risk and bundling a few of your friends into a rickety mess of a car in the hopes you actually get to where you need to go; without dying to opportunistic roadblocks? That's DayZRP in its brilliant infancy, and people want those days back so I hear.

Ultimately, seek changes that would bring a positive experience to the server as a whole, sprint stamina while definitely convenient is not necessary. Hop in one of many fancy vehicles and run over some infected for extra points.

Oh and nerf dex while we're at it. 

I carry like 8 epis and I never use them cause I never need to. 
I have two guns, a pistol and my pack is always full and I dont struggle to get anywhere.

Dont see the point tbh.

Maps huge. Cars are more common, but still rough, and spawn completely useless half the time (except mod cars now). I mean hell I "love tapped' an invisible wall the other day...

I'm all for immersion, but taking 20-30min to travel from coast to central sucks. Roleplay doesn't need to consist of two+ people, but it sure as shit makes it more engaging.

In terms of traveling I am all about quality of life over realism. Granted I would not like to see a fast travel system in place.

Increase stamina until bicycles or reliable and efficient means of travel are in place.

Well I voted and was very surprised by voting results. My personal argument for it is that it is at least two years into the apocalypse. Your ability to carry some weight and run distance and sprint for longer would be much more impressive than it is right now. We don't need people relying on Dex (regardless of how rare it is) just to be able to run. It's strange, it's not very realistic IMO. I would like to see some normal stamina.

Any increase would be great in my eyes. I'd go for 1x or maybe 1.5x.

Re-poll question mark?

Edited by Glitch

I've been told that modded vehicles for some reason are a lot more stable then the base game ones. Perhaps just adding modded vehicles to the server and removing the originals would work. Who knows.

20 hours ago, Roland said:

Find a car ...which doesn't directly kill you or throw you around like traveling in the upside down world of stranger things.

Fixed for you.

Keep it like it is and add intense medical side effects to med abuse for our little InexperiencedGracefulAsianporcupine-max-'s.

Edited by Ron

I'm honestly curious how it's possible that so many people encounter cars that glitch. Aside from the occasional hiccup during driving or exiting a vehicle and briefly being teleported into the pitch-black abbysal hellscape in which your character is blinded by the traumatic horrors and monstrosities that dwell within the realm of darkness I have yet to get that authentic CrSP experience.

I'm personally fine with stamina being the way it is. Travel light, plan ahead and immersive yourself in the fact people wouldn't be able to sprint across a province in 20 minutes of less.

However, if it gets upped to appease the chunk of people that don't like having to pace themselves I won't lose any sleep over it either. I'll leave it up to those with actual say in the matter.

Cant vote as my opinion isnt displayed within the choices. Stamina should stay. Because we have now more cars on more working condition + other supporting items for stamina. Id like to se a bicyckle though.