Server time (UTC): 2019-12-12, 07:07 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Nonnster

how to find the server in server browser and how to change character model

So I spent the last 3.5 hours trying to change my Character model but I couldn't find the server to connect and end up with a random model.
I would only see about 0-400 servers but never the same number of servers
So why can't I find the server? It's because I live in Iceland and the server is in Canada. So what if I was in Canada? that would be a lot better.

So I just used VPN service to change my location to Canada (I used NordVPN) and I FUCKIN FOUND IT, and 2400+ servers with it.

For the character model you have to have it ready and never respawn, if you die just exit (Do not respawn) and change the character model.

Hello there to start off with no matter where you live, the server will be able to be seen on the list. If you don't see it's probably because it is either down due to a crash or a restart.

Now to first solve the issue on finding the servers there are multiple ways to fix it. 

1. When you start up the DayZ launcher, you can go into the parameters and under all parameters you put in the following information under the Client Section
Server Address - The IP of the server, these can be found underneath the player count on the main page (s1.dayzrp.com for Server 1 or s2.dayzrp.com for server 2)
Server Port - The port is located in the same spot as the adress however it is either 2300 or 2400 depending on if you are trying to join either Server 1 or Server 2
Server Password - The standard password we use which is dayzrp

2. In the server browser in game you must go under the community tab. When there you can put into the filter under Search by Name you can just type in dayzrp and after a few minutes the servers should show up.

Now the problem with your character randomly being chosen can easily be fixed. To deal with that when in the main menu of the game, on the right side above the play button there should be arrows that switch between characters. You'll need to click the arrows either way until it sets you up with a new face. Next, you can go into customize character and select how they wish to look. Once you picked that out, make sure you do not switch that character in the menu and try to join the server using the second method of joining that I listed above. If these problems are still cropping up, just head into the help desk and we'll be able to go through it with you step by step.

I actually fixed it using the VPN thing and I was posting this so that if other people find them in the same situation they can try the same thing. But thanks for the helping 😄