Server time (UTC): 2019-11-14, 20:12
Deer Isle Purge
TODAY | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Starts in 3 hours, 48 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
DerrickStorm

Toxic Zones + Gask mask issue?

So I've decided to check out how the toxic zones work and run into trobules straight away. There's a high chance a fullface gasmask isn't working properly (due to it being added by our mod - thx @AndreyQ for info). I've also noticed that some pieces of NBC suits have a small biohazard sign on them and a different description. So did anyone run into similiar troubles? @Baron sugessted using original game gasmasks. Any other advice?

Sadly no luck finding the cure:

Spoiler

image.png.34bb4aa13842c7d3a0bbcee5bdf1ae40.png

Edited by DerrickStorm

Thought you needed full NBC + gas mask?

Never mind i just looked at the screenshot i'm dumb af.

Ye strange bug

Edited by APositivePara

This could be related. Taken directly from the steam workshop page. This white name even has the audacity to @Roland

Doubt you had this issue because of gloves however. I would like it to be clear what exactly qualifies as protective and what doesnt in the event I need to go into the gas myself 🙂

2019-09-24 09_49_08-Steam Workshop __ ToxicZone.png

2019-09-24 09_51_59-#général - Discord.png

Edited by Jim Smokes

I'd imagine it was an issue with your gasmask. I used a mix of NBC clothing to make a full suit and then finished it off with a black GP5, spent nearly an hour inside Kamensk without any adverse effects.

Edited by APositiveElmo

@Dmitri_Medeleiv author of the toxic zone mod.

It's possible our custom gas mask will not work. Possibility to add custom classnames into server mod config to provide protection?

38 minutes ago, APositiveElmo said:

I'd imagine it was an issue with your gasmask. I used a mix of NBC clothing to make a full suit and then finished it off with a black GP25, spent nearly an hour inside Kamensk without any adverse effects.

I've spent 15 seconds and then I've died bleeding out of (...) , so yeah wrong gasmask (made a mistake of going for the one that looks best in my opinion). Thanks for the info 🙂

14 minutes ago, Roland said:

It's possible our custom gas mask will not work. Possibility to add custom classnames into server mod config to provide protection?

Awesome. Will stick to vanilla gear. Thanks for the info!

Edited by DerrickStorm

19 minutes ago, Roland said:

=> It can be done very easily, your modded gasmask must inherit GP5GasMask in order to work

To add to this, are our server's custom black NBC suits considered to fit the category of the NBC suits for this toxic gas mod?

@Camo Yes, the black NBC suit works. Just a note though, be careful with helmets in inventory. Managed to get gas mask off and nearly died.

I found some custom NBC suit parts. They will say something in the description along the lines of: 'Protection against radiation'
I have not tested this yet, because I still don't have a full suit.