Server time (UTC): 2019-11-21, 12:12
Sign in to follow this  
rhothar

Help with Base storage specifics

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can tell me the details on how long storage containers should last before de-spawning and what counts as interaction. I read that wooden crates should last 7 days but I have some disappearing and I know I moved it only 2 days ago. How long till barrels and tents start disappearing and is moving items inside them enough or do you have to physically move the entire barrel/tent to a new location? And before anyone asks I am 100% certain this is not a case of it being stolen.

I am also curious to how this applies to walls/fence etc. I haven't been able to really find any guide on how base building works in dayzrp. I think it would be nice if there were some sort of beginners guide to base building topic pinned so newcomers can understand how it is setup on the dayzrp servers.

Greetings,

The persistence for all containers etc can be found at the following link;

If you still have any questions after reading this, feel free to ask away and one of our trusty staff members will be more than happy to assist you! 

2 hours ago, Saunders said:

Greetings,

The persistence for all containers etc can be found at the following link;

If you still have any questions after reading this, feel free to ask away and one of our trusty staff members will be more than happy to assist you! 

Surely this is oudated by now? It lists item not currently in the loot table.

14 minutes ago, Oy said:

Surely this is oudated by now? It lists item not currently in the loot table.

To my knowledge, as a base-builder advocate and expert, I can strongly agree that the time-elapsed before an object/item despawns from this changelog is dead-accurate.

24 minutes ago, Camo said:

To my knowledge, as a base-builder advocate and expert, I can strongly agree that the time-elapsed before an object/item despawns from this changelog is dead-accurate.

"All other tents, boxes, barrels - 7 days"

If this includes protector cases and the wooden storage crates you can craft, it is not accurate. I made a few, they all disappeared after 4 days of not interacting with them. And yes, I am 100% sure they were not stolen.

The last I know of it, the wooden crate lifespan was decreased to 2 days to avoid hoarding. The lifetime of protector cases and ammo boxes was decreased to 3 days in accordance with the patch notes in the 19.6.4 update. It could very well be that your wooden crate just despawned, as it requires you to move items around within the 48h timespan to have it not despawn after the timer's up.