Server time (UTC): 2019-11-13, 23:49
Sign in to follow this  
Saunders

Interview With A Community Member: Mugin

image.png

Welcome! For this week of Interview with a Community Member we have @Mugin

This interview is to get to know the members of our community, and hopefully bring the community together. Comment who you want to see being interviewed next week!

Thanks to @Mugin for participating!

Tell Us About Yourself?

Spoiler

Well I was born a happy accident, though thankfully I’m still the favorite and most handsome in my family, probably why they kept me. I never really got into much shit as a child growing up. Kept my nose clean for the most part. High school, I turned into a bit of a degenerate but that’s the whole point of those years. Currently I’m working towards a bachelors in Global Studies in Maritime Affairs at my university, and have previously graduated from a fire academy. Earning my EMT certification, along with my driver's operator's license,for the big, often red, fire trucks you see zooming down the road. At least in the U.S.

Aside from getting pieces of paper that supposedly prove something. I have dumped roughly… 80+ days into DayZRP... Seen quite a bit here, but somehow still having fun thanks to the friends I’ve met along the way. 

Outside of trash games, I enjoy Escape From Tarkov, Killing Floor 2, most the Fallout franchise… etc. Survival, FPS, grinding games like Raft, The Forest, The Borderlands Franchise all tickle my pickle, is ways I’d be embarrassed to admit. I have a grotesque amount of games that I need to get to someday.

Besides gaming I love going out, drinking, movies, backpacking, hiking, camping, probably in the order too. I love skeletons, if that isn’t clear enough from all my profiles.

I’m a pretty no bullshit kind of fella, just putting myself first in most situations, though I do love my friends. I have a hard time keeping in touch and reaching out to people as time goes by, but mates stick around regardless.

How did you find out about DayZRP, and what made you want to join?

Spoiler

Back in the day there was a fella named FriendlyinCherno, who ran a DayZ RP server… DayZ Flash Mob I think it was. Though the community went belly up due to extortion and some form of embezzlement? Don’t quote me, all I know is it seems financial issues run in the RP communities.

After that I found a much more prevalent and active community, this one, and have regretted it ever since.

If you could thank one person for helping you get started here who would it be?

Spoiler

Oh without a doubt, @Defiance. He was the first person I met in the community, and he took me under his wing. We still keep in touch and tear ass in Tarkov, but he’s wiser than I and got out while the going was still good here.

He brought me into the OG Jackals back last lore, setting the foundation for all my edgy hostile RP I’ve given since.

What could we do, as the staff team, to make this a better place? 

Spoiler

Be more conscientious. Take pride in your work and don’t half ass things that are put in the limelight.

What is your most memorable experience(IC/OOC) here? 

Spoiler

My first day joining. Bumping into @Defiance in Kamyshovo after he and the OG Jackals had just gotten wiped by the Clowns. They helped me get to Vybor, as back then I was but a wee whitename, blind to navigation. This was not before they did as Jackals did back then. Taking me hostage in perhaps the most memorable initiation/standoff I’ve been in. I have a screenshot thankfully. After that whole song and dance, they marked me with an S and the rest is history. Joined them shortly after that and I can’t thank all the OG members enough for the great times back then.

221100_screenshots_2016-01-10_00001.jpg

Do you regret doing anything in your time here?

Spoiler

Not particularly. I don’t hold grudges and couldn’t care less about drama. If you got beef with me, that’s honestly impressive as I purposefully try to remain irrelevant here to avoid wasting my time.

Everything is a learning experience.

If you had to live in a jail cell with four people from this community who would it be?

Spoiler

@Lyca@bunny@Oy@Otto

All to keep me warm, but Bunny, Oy, and Otto could at least keep me entertained musically. Love me some blues. 

What's your current favourite song/artist?

Spoiler

Can’t be answered in just one song, but here.

What has been your favourite character you have played on the server and why?

Spoiler

Francis Williams II

I initially made him be a blank slate, and let the RP give him purpose and personality. At times I’d have to fill in the momentary gaps with my own quirks, antics, and improv. I went in with a bare-bones backstory years ago, before the need for character pages. I blame the Jackals and Lost Souls, as he turned into one of the edgiest cunts on the server.

I kept him as a relatively silent antagonist, first lore, as I preferred following as opposed to leading. Since I was new to hostilities and the community, I didn’t want to fuck something up, being that hostilities can get a little hairy. That’s a consideration that seems to be relatively lost nowadays.

Jump this lore and I ended up leading The Damned, after @Jack the Ripper for about six months on a new iteration of this character. The same blank slate, and a less edgy backstory. Was a blast but I don’t fancy running a group ever again, can often burn you out, especially as it seems the staff teams only job to a group leader was to pester them for activity. @Whitename (Love you, man). That coupled with inevitable group drama, I, and the rest of the group just couldn’t be fucked by the end. It was a good story and I thank all The Damned members for the ride.

I gotta say the same for the Dead Batties, and The Vultures too. Obligatory, RAIDERS BITCH! Been loving the storylines and conflicts. Happy to be apart of it all.

All in all, Francis is my main, and favorite character. He’s made countless friends this lore and last, and I hope to give him a proper send-off someday, but I think @Lyca would fucking kill me if Francis died anytime soon...

Thankfully @Conor loves any character I make.

What do you feel is missing from the community?

Spoiler

Missing? Well I can sure tell you something there is too much of in this community, and that’s ego.

People unwilling to take a loss, or they feel their RP is deserving of only x y and z treatment. I’ve been seeing a lot of elitist whitenames running around which I find hilarious, as they just don’t know any better.

As you give and take in any interaction, it begets good RP from either side. That’s all the community needs. A willingness to fail, and learn from mistakes.

Do you have any hidden talents?

Spoiler

No.

What was the origin of your username?  

Spoiler

From a young age, I was described as someone who was Mean, as in a dick. Mugging, as in, on the surface seemingly very serious and uncaring, like a mug shot. And finally, Loving, as I guess when people get to know me they felt I was caring and empathetic.

Put those together, add in a bit of unique butterfly edge shit, and you get a regrettable gaming tag “MeenMuginLovin” which I abbreviated due to the peer pressure of most people just calling me “Mugin” pronounced muh·gen.

Andreys was better. 

19 minutes ago, APositiveElmo said:

Andreys was better. 

Decided it'd be wise to edit the original I wrote drunk...

I am surprised to not see an entire section dedicated to Beanz War but pretty excellent interview anyways.

how dare you bring me back to the jail

Why did this irrelevant whitename mention me 

Good interview chief! Still waiting on mine tho 😳🤧

This was a pleasant interview.

"What do you feel is missing from the community?"

Your answer was incorrect. The correct answer is @Defiance

Love you man 😉❤️ 

My boy. ❤️