Server time (UTC): 2020-01-26, 13:12 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Glitch

Deer Isle is dope

Honestly, I would rather get rid of Deer Island for the new map. It's just so empty and incomplete. Also if we get the new map, can we add a higher zombie count on Chernarus? 

3 minutes ago, Rover said:

The new map being produced by Bohemia is based on Poland, is what I think Hofer was saying.

Ah, I didn't even know we were getting a new map. Neat. Poland is still Slavic. I want a map in the United States damn it.

4 minutes ago, Fixer132 said:

So you wanna get rid of both the free maps for a paid DLC map?

I think Chernarrus has been out long enough and enough communities are running it and will continue to run it that a change such as this would help. We run the new map until numbers pick back up at the end of November and then put it to a vote if people like the new map or want Chernarrus brought back at that point.

Is there a uk map if so I'd play that or I would play a United states map thinking on it I would play any map ohh what about a desert map that's sounds good just for a change I do kinda like deer isle. 

36 minutes ago, Scarlett said:

Is there a uk map if so I'd play that or I would play a United states map thinking on it I would play any map ohh what about a desert map that's sounds good just for a change I do kinda like deer isle. 

This. I might play if we run the new map coming out. I would definitely play if we ran a map set somewhere in America. If they just could edit the new map to have English road signs and say “hey this is a region in the US somewhere” then I would be happy with that. But I doubt we will ever get it. 

Edited by Zero

United States map would be cool. As for the new map DLC that's cool and all but Deer Isle is free.

I just don't really feel like putting money into a new map after years and years of only having Chernarus as an option. Should be free at this point. So depending on the price, and assuming this new DLC maps is popular in our community will that be an issue for player count in the future when people may decide they don't want to spend money on it.

Is it also shallow to assume this new map may be hyped up just to be met with standard dayz bugs and glitches. I suppose there wont be if it is from Arma 3 but regardless I don't think Deer Isle should just be yeeted into the Minecraft nether and I guess it really depends on the price of this DLC.

On 9/23/2019 at 3:48 AM, Kolya Vorona said:

Modders shouldn't waste their time with creating Original Content and should just bring back things from Mod that we loved and crave.

Reading this has been the highlight of my day. Why don't you start modding and bringing back things from the mod if you're so keen on that 😄

On the topic though, I haven't really played on Deer Isle, but I'm hoping that we can spin up a server with the new DLC map once that comes out. I doubt it will get as much players as the Chernarus server, but hey, that's BI splitting the playerbase with their paid DLCs for ya.

I still vividly remember the times when people were saying that Chernarus is the most boring thing ever and they would play on anything else than it. Granted, we're still very early into the modding phase of DayZ development (less than one year actually, though I started DayZRP admin tool development around this time last year), so we can expect to see much more new maps and completed maps in the next few months or so. Not to mention that Namalsk is coming out this year as well, I think.

If there ever is going to be a time to invest in some modded map stocks, this is it.

❤️

UT4tKlk.png

On 9/26/2019 at 4:07 PM, Kerkkoh said:

Reading this has been the highlight of my day. Why don't you start modding and bringing back things from the mod if you're so keen on that 😄

On the topic though, I haven't really played on Deer Isle, but I'm hoping that we can spin up a server with the new DLC map once that comes out. I doubt it will get as much players as the Chernarus server, but hey, that's BI splitting the playerbase with their paid DLCs for ya.

I still vividly remember the times when people were saying that Chernarus is the most boring thing ever and they would play on anything else than it. Granted, we're still very early into the modding phase of DayZ development (less than one year actually, though I started DayZRP admin tool development around this time last year), so we can expect to see much more new maps and completed maps in the next few months or so. Not to mention that Namalsk is coming out this year as well, I think.

If there ever is going to be a time to invest in some modded map stocks, this is it.

❤️

Hide contents

UT4tKlk.png

Tis wasn't me who said it wasn't boring. Js

On 9/25/2019 at 2:49 PM, Malthis said:

Completely agree, get rid of Deer Isle, honestly the split in the player base at the moment we should get rid of Chernarrus as well, give people a chance to get used to the new map and then decide when the player base begins to increase again in late November whether to re-add Chernarrus.

imagine wanting to drop both free maps for paid dlc map. Im about to die of laughter 

On 9/25/2019 at 7:11 PM, Glitch said:

United States map would be cool. As for the new map DLC that's cool and all but Deer Isle is free.

I just don't really feel like putting money into a new map after years and years of only having Chernarus as an option. Should be free at this point. So depending on the price, and assuming this new DLC maps is popular in our community will that be an issue for player count in the future when people may decide they don't want to spend money on it.

Is it also shallow to assume this new map may be hyped up just to be met with standard dayz bugs and glitches. I suppose there wont be if it is from Arma 3 but regardless I don't think Deer Isle should just be yeeted into the Minecraft nether and I guess it really depends on the price of this DLC.

Please no division 2 all over again.

12 minutes ago, hegezzu said:

imagine wanting to drop both free maps for paid dlc map. Im about to die of laughter 

I've since changed my mind, apparently Deer Isle sounds like it's likely to be the better choice than the new map due to Livonia being a regurgitated Arma 3 map that most people already know. The point I was making is that most communities will be running Chernarrus and if people want to experience Deer Isle they can download it and play it, if Livonia had been a map people didn't already know I'd stand by my statement because it would be something new and something unknown.

Edited by Malthis