Server time (UTC): 2019-11-17, 23:58
Sign in to follow this  
BandsRP

Why are there different requirements for different people?

I have spent the last few days going back and forth with a few members of staff( @Crimson_Tiger, @Fae, and @Voodoo), about certain problems with my and others character pages. I was told that I had to have the exact way my character entered into Chernarus and the time. I asked why, it took many responses avoiding my questions and the more senior staff members to be involved before I got a response, but then it wasn't true. These staff members put this requirement on me and my character without giving other people this responsibility. I reported one of the most played characters for not having this information, and guess what, he didn't get a message asking for it to be changed (I asked him the next day). I was told be each staff member that there was no bias, but clearly there was. Why would I be subject to this rule that DOES NOT exists, while others are not. An "ask the staff" was put up, and Roland said that this rule does not exist and it must be rookie staff members, but these are two game masters and a support member, this wasn't a mistake.
Why have a few of us been singled out here and harassed by these made up rules? How are these "rookies".according to Roland, such high rank if they dont even know the rules, or are they just lying to me?

supporting links:
http://prntscr.com/p9iwg6
http://prntscr.com/p9iwty

Edit: response to Phoenix- I was told to report a character since it was breaking the rules laid out by a GM,ADMIN,and SUPPORT member, so I did. Nothing happened past that point with that character(s), and then the OWNER said it doesn't exist. And if staff are checking character pages, why havnt they looked at the top 10, or maybe they have and its a bias against a few people. Fae said she doesnt check character pages anymore, but at least someone has had to see these at least once. They most likely have hundreds, if not thousands of views. Also if the rules isnt on the rule page, and the owner says its not real, I dont think its real unless somehow a few staff team have more power/say-so than the owner.
Edit: I would also like to add, pheoneix there is clearly people being singled out since my report was acknowledged by staff, then "passed along", and nothing came from it, even though it was a clear violation of the rules set out by the 3 people I mentioned earlier.

Edit: @Voodoo if that is true than why was my report ignored, and if you say its because it takes a while to send someone a copy paste message about something that was know to staff for at least 2 days, then I reccomend you streamline the process.

Edited by BandsRP

I am not sure why you are reffering to made up rules here. It is true that Roland seems to have a different opinion, but the supports have been double checking character pages near enough since it was introduced. Nobody is being singled out in any way, every character page is checked for the same criteria.

To clarify for everyone in the community

The Character Profile checks will be going ahead as normal. They have been one of a few support team tasks since roughly August 2018.

As you will all be aware @Roland has made his thoughts clear on the matter believing it to be a mistake however at some point this task was assigned to the support team.

We are currently reviewing this task internally and will make a decision going forward. Until then nothing changes with how we handle this task

You only have to explain how you got in Chernarus in your application, not on your CP since you've already passed said criteria, period.

Sign in to follow this