Server time (UTC): 2019-12-10, 17:59 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
APositiveElmo

Nerf Dex

Dex Nerf  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've yet to find Dex so I disagree. Now when more cars become available and if car parts were more available, then I'd be in favor of it. 

Found the post @Phoenix

So @Kerkkoh what's the status on Dex having adverse effects?

I have never seen it nor did I know what it was till this thread. To be honest, cool and all but as said before everyone being a pill popper is annoying. Also why is stamina so garbage. Why are we all extremely out of shape and unable to run very fast for very long. 

AT THIS POINT in the apocalypse you best believe you'd be real fit. You are constantly running, on your feet, on the move. Your endurance would be so much more impressive than it is right now. I mean come on. I think stamina needs to be increased honestly and then Dex either needs a nerf OR needs a decrease in quantity per bottle so people aren't just popping pills like Louis from L4D.

21 minutes ago, Glitch said:

I have never seen it nor did I know what it was till this thread. To be honest, cool and all but as said before everyone being a pill popper is annoying. Also why is stamina so garbage. Why are we all extremely out of shape and unable to run very fast for very long. 

AT THIS POINT in the apocalypse you best believe you'd be real fit. You are constantly running, on your feet, on the move. Your endurance would be so much more impressive than it is right now. I mean come on. I think stamina needs to be increased honestly and then Dex either needs a nerf OR needs a decrease in quantity per bottle so people aren't just popping pills like Louis from L4D.

Well said and you made me laugh. "Pills here!" 

I've had the same bottle for 58 hours and it's the only bottle I've found. If something is this rare it should be worth the time you put into finding it.

Rarest item i've ever found and I nearly piss myself every time I kill someone who has it on them.

It's not so bad to have a strong, valuable item around.  I'd say maybe nerf the amount of pills on a fresh spawn of them, but rarely have I ever found anyone with more than one bottle on them as they are pretty rare.

7 hours ago, APositiveElmo said:

Found the post @Phoenix

So @Kerkkoh what's the status on Dex having adverse effects?

I believe the spawn amounts have been nerfed. From what people are saying, it seems like it’s quite rare now.

6 hours ago, Glitch said:

Regardless of spawns for Dex being more rare I am going to follow up on my own quote by saying STAMINA needs INCREASE. I'd rather have a lot of stamina than have to pop pills left and right and go on the hunt for a drug to help me run. Increase stamina sounds much more realistic.

I'd be happy with them cutting the amount of pills in each bottle in half as it is extremely overpowered. I do know how rare they are but I still think a slight nerf would be nice.

No, these are kinda rare in the end so another nerf would be overkill. 

+1

It's all to clear that Dex is and has been easily abused, while I would not necessarily nerf spawn rates further, I would firstly make the amount of pills variable and not the static 50 pills currently found. Then look into making the abuse of them far more severe than the admittedly rare sickness that you occasionally receive, abuse of an amphetamine to that degree would lead to a very quick overdose, as a matter of balance I wholeheartedly agree this should be a thing. You should not be able to neck 50 pills in the space of the same amount of minutes and hope to be very healthy for very much longer. 

+1

Spawn is ok imo. Nerf the amount in bottle to half is a go until we get more and appropriate possibilities to travell like bycikles etc. or apply effect like vomiting if "overdosed".

Hard no. This shitty game is already a walking simulator, we need to go fast without cars somehow. Especially when we on some gang shit and all the homies bool out. Don't got enough cars for people.

17 hours ago, APositiveElmo said:

The sickness is inconsequential, having used dex and had the sickness many times it does nothing to your health. Plus, with the prevalence of antibiotics and charcoal tabs its hard to keep it for long.

I'd like to remind everyone that's made the quality of life argument for dex that I am not opposed to the existence of dex, just its current form. You can still travel quickly with 25 pills instead of 50 for example, there's no need to have an absurd number of pills that takes up two item slots and has no negative side effects.

Doesn't really effect RP so why does it matter? atm it's either walk to something or get lucky and find DeX and actually get to the area you wish to be in.

If they had double stamina sure but since that's not a thing and cars are trash there should be no issue with DeX for now.

Edited by Eagle

I have never seen Dex in game so no don't nerf it please 

8 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Doesn't really effect RP so why does it matter? atm it's either walk to something or get lucky and find DeX and actually get to the area you wish to be in.

I'm not a fan of powerful stims that have little downside, especially when they're very good to use if you don't wanna RP with someone, just Dex away and if they don't have it you're fucked. 

7 hours ago, Kerkkoh said:

I believe the spawn amounts have been nerfed. From what people are saying, it seems like it’s quite rare now.

Nah I've seen and had people hostage with 100+ Dex on them. Its easy to find if you consistently check hospitals, especially the cars outside Berezino hospital, they seem to spawn frequently there. It spawning less is alright  but there needs to be some downside to overstimming yourself, the sickness just doesn't do anything right now.

I think is a pretty rare commodity, don't think it necesarilly needs anything like a sickness attached to it. Especially with how much effort it takes to fix up a car and it then getting destroyed within a minute because of desync. 50 pills a bottle is a bit much though. Personally I think increasing the spawnrate a bit and decreasing the amount would be nice. So twice as many dex spawns, but only 20 a bottle. This way the pills will be more spread out over the player base.

Edited by Husky.

6 minutes ago, APositiveElmo said:

-snip

*sees that the poll is 50-50*
*politician voice on*
I can assure you, that our dedicated team is doing everything to make your experience better. We have already taken great strides in reducing the spawn amounts. As the polls are inconclusive on the subject, I would like to continue to other subjects the public wants me to address. Thank you for your question.

3 minutes ago, Kerkkoh said:

*sees that the poll is 50-50*
*politician voice on*
I can assure you, that our dedicated team is doing everything to make your experience better. We have already taken great strides in reducing the spawn amounts. As the polls are inconclusive on the subject, I would like to continue to other subjects the public wants me to address. Thank you for your question.

Very droll.

On that note, this thread can be closed. I will revisit this topic when cars are viable again.

Locked on OPs request