Server time (UTC): 2019-12-09, 16:55 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
APositiveElmo

Nerf Dex

Dex Nerf  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Title is pretty simple, you can dex yourself across the map pretty quickly with little to no consequences for it; the sickness is inconsequential and the benefits of its use are insane. Overall its a very powerful item and needs some adjustment so the stamina system isn't completely pointless.

If they had some actual downsides, I wouldn't mind them as much. But as with the previous thread on it, the majority of people that voted seemed to want to keep the pills as they are. Personally, I'd love to see them altered to have detrimental effects (including death) by extensive usage.

Nerf when there are more consistent and reliable means of travel.

Cars spawning fully equipped.

Or not having to spend 3 hours for a car to get DayZed.

Bikes.

Etc.

In terms of getting from A to B there is no better way. The lack of sickness currently makes it more viable to travel, though I wouldn't be opposed to add that back.

Dex OP

Lower the number of pills in a bottle to like 20 or something. Same effects

The game has always been a running simulator which is my least favorite part of the game, suddenly add in stamina and it's worse. Used to get around this with vehicles but the vehicles past .62 are buggy as hell and basically hoarded at this point, I'm perfectly happy with how Dex is in the game, I like the alternative to get around the map so I can get to the point of the server...roleplay, not running.

Just now, Mugin said:

In terms of getting from A to B there is no better way. The lack of sickness currently makes it more viable to travel, though I wouldn't be opposed to add that back.

I agree, DayZ sucks for travel and holding Shift+W for 20 mins to get from Tulga to NWAF is pretty shit. That's why I'm not saying remove Dex entirely, just lower the number of pills, increase the inventory space it takes or make it so that overuse actually has consequences. The mechanics are already there, they just need to be buffed. I've spent upwards of an hour chasing people Dexing to avoid me, its ridiculous.

Voted no because I've only ever found two bottles spawn to date however I've lifted a few bottles off of other players.

It's an incredible tool to have if you or a small group need to get somewhere quickly which usually adds to roleplay altogether when more people are in one area. Also incredibly helpful if your trying to get away from a gunfight or situation in order to save your own skin.

Basically, I think Dex is perfect the way it is and it serves a strong purpose when I or others come across it. I would be down to lowering the pills perhaps to 30 or so. However I like being able to use it without consequences when I'm in a pinch!

Lower the number in a bottle, Gerry, but otherwise keep as is

3 minutes ago, APositiveElmo said:

I agree, DayZ sucks for travel and holding Shift+W for 20 mins to get from Tulga to NWAF is pretty shit. That's why I'm not saying remove Dex entirely, just lower the number of pills, increase the inventory space it takes or make it so that overuse actually has consequences. The mechanics are already there, they just need to be buffed. I've spent upwards of an hour chasing people Dexing to avoid me, its ridiculous.

I think the best middle would be adding sickness again.

That'd force whoever you're chasing to maybe start vomiting uncontrollably if they don't manage their sickness, thus disallowing them to abuse it.

But if you plan on just RPing, and not being a dirty PvPer, managing your sickness mid run wouldn't be wildly inconvenient.

As of now no it's the only thing that allows you go get fast to where you need to get.
You gain a sickness from eating to many so some downside is to it but nerfing it is not needed as of now.

I would say finding dex currently equals finding a bicycle and considering those would be everywhere... I would say remove or strongly nerve with the arrival of other travel means like skates, bikes, skateboards..... instead.

It is a nice effect ngl but since the medication is abused / overdosed it would be nice to maybe have a side effect like puking after you rushed down 5-10 pills one after another.

I voted no. At the moment you would be lucky to find even 2 bottles of dex. I have only found one bottle of dex and that was 1 month ago. People complain that it is a running simulator but the moment someone doesn't have dex they would just complain saying that it was mistake nerfing it or that they cant find any. It's fine how it is at the moment, just like how NVG's are.

Edited by GunRunnee02

I like it. Wouldn't mind it lower to like 25/bottle.

Kind of lame how now everyone is a pill popper and epi junkie just because it gives you bonuses. Sure meds are valuable now but not in the way I wish they were. I say nerf it..

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

You gain a sickness from eating to many so some downside is to it but nerfing it is not needed as of now.

The sickness is inconsequential, having used dex and had the sickness many times it does nothing to your health. Plus, with the prevalence of antibiotics and charcoal tabs its hard to keep it for long.

I'd like to remind everyone that's made the quality of life argument for dex that I am not opposed to the existence of dex, just its current form. You can still travel quickly with 25 pills instead of 50 for example, there's no need to have an absurd number of pills that takes up two item slots and has no negative side effects.

Also lowering the amount will increase their value... good money 😎

I am pretty sure this is already being looked into from previous polls.

26 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I am pretty sure this is already being looked into from previous polls.

Link?

+1

WIth these pills being VERY USEFUL in multiple different situations I do have to agree with them being overpowered. Making their spawns rarer and maybe even lowering the number of pills in a bottle a bit would seem to be a good way to not only keep them a even more valuable thing but have people decide if what they want to use the pills for would be a smart investment for whatever situation they are in.

47 minutes ago, APositiveElmo said:

Link?

I am saying there was a discussion before where people asked for it to be nerfed and the Dev's were looking into it.

13 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

I am saying there was a discussion before where people asked for it to be nerfed and the Dev's were looking into it.

Yeah I understand, was this on the forums or was this privately done? If the former, I'd appreciate a link.

Just now, APositiveElmo said:

Yeah I understand, was this on the forums or was this privately done? If the former, I'd appreciate a link.

I believe there was a thread with poll options a while ago, when it first was put ingame.

The injector is balanced as it is a single use item, but the pills are just overtuned. I'd say make it a pills blaster type with maybe 5-10 uses max.

Edited by OldSchool