Server time (UTC): 2019-11-21, 22:24
Sign in to follow this  
APositivePara

Hostage "combat" logging

For real,

Why is it combat logging for a hostage to log out < 30 minutes after they've been released?

A hostage whom nobody has kill rights on is like that because they engaged in 0 combat. Nobody has rights to kill you, you were being kept there against your will. What if I suddenly need to go after being taken captive because my captors kept me for too long? Am i now going to have to take the 3 day cooldown?

Ty ty

Edit: @Voodoo appreciate the response. Will do as you said ofc until further notice and I'm glad that, after strong support from this perspective the rule can be tweaked accordingly. Thank you.

Edited by APositivePara

4.5 Combat logging is leaving the server during or shortly after a hostile situation or when your character is still involved in active role play. After a hostile action has occurred where you were involved, you may only log out from the game after a minimum of 30 minutes have passed since you broke the line of sight with others involved in that situation. This rule can be ignored if the other players give you OK to log out earlier.

You have a point which personally I agree with, currently all those involved cannot log until the timer is up from when you break line of sight.

Your question has been noted and it will be brought up as a possible future rule revision. In the mean time stay with what is currently written.

I think there was a community discussion about this at some point but somehow the idea of tweaking that rule just ended up getting benched. I agree with Voodoo and this will be discussed within staff in the near future. 

Sign in to follow this