Server time (UTC): 2019-12-09, 16:56 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
OldSchool

Invalid Character Page

I've been asked by staff to update my character page with the information on how he got into Chernarus. The reason provided for this is as quoted "having details such as this in your backstory is a way to keep from breaking immersion for not only yourself but anyone else you speak with. If you ever forget something you have told about your character's past you would be able to look back and be able to tell the same thing you told another." But my character does not know how he got into Chernarus, so how is this relevant?

First off, since when is it mandatory to have this information on a character page, I've looked through the rules and nowhere is it mentioned or even hinted at.

Second, WHY? I feel like this pointless zealous crusade's only goal is to waste both the players and the staff's time.

My character has Dissociative Identity Disorder, his main personality is almost completely repressed and the information that I'm being asked to provide IS NOT AVAILABLE TO MY OWN CHARACTER. I feel like I'm being forced to clutter my own character page with useless information, despite there being no rule or mention anywhere that it is required. This information would not be able to be used by either me or anyone else because my own character does not have it, so why is it required?

Edited by OldSchool

It's not an official requirement, probably one of the new recruits got something wrong.

27 minutes ago, Roland said:

It's not an official requirement, probably one of the new recruits got something wrong.

Roland Just no, I'm not going to go too much in detail on this so not to break TOS but this is not the Fault of a new member of support or any standing support/staff member

Sign in to follow this