Server time (UTC): 2019-11-14, 02:28
Sign in to follow this  
GreenySmiley

Permission to log out? No.

If you are a hostage and were let go and you ask for permission to log out cause you have already been up for to long. (Due to the hostage taking that you had no control over happening or how long it would take). And as answer you just get "No." 

^ Is that ok and good enough? or should they at least give you a proper reason for why the answer is "No" and is the reason that most of the hostage takers voted No in our group so you can't log out a good enough reason? The poor hostage already stayed on long enough for the situation to end and then has to wait out another 30min. literally because: Most just voted "No" out of the group. 

One has to really start worrying to even log in late at night when you got to sleep... but since hostage situations are not in the hostage control on how long it would take. Should they at least get a proper reason for being told "No" to logging out after the situation was ended and them let go?

or they just ignore your request (When your request is to log out now instead of in 30min, its not feasible to have to wait 30min for an answer or work for that time to attempt to get one) or don't come in Discord till the 30min are up... going into staff waiting room 1 to 5min before staff member joins (if you are lucky, they have a life too)... another 2-5min. before situation is explained possible logs pulled (by a staff member with power since help desk members usually can't.)... Then you wait with them the last 20min. before the person that is still in game comes out of game to tell you if you could log 30min. early after you just waited 30min for them to show up.... The following makes the difference..

The hostage taker has all the control and can make sure to end a situation 30min prior to them having to log out... the hostage has no power here. Where the hostage taker can ask prior "Can i log after i let you go?" and therefor decide to end the situation earlier so they can wait the 30min in game the hostage does not have that option.. they got no control at all over length of the rp and then be forced to stay on because "No".... really can take it out of some people to log in, with so little control over logging out again as hostage on the receiving end.

@Realize thank you for the answer and yes I have seen this answer before its that standard. However i was trying to be more specific on the problem which sadly the standard answer doesn't cover or solve properly.  @Roland please help and my last question for a while I swear XD

Edited by GreenySmiley
the solution didn't fit the question and would NOT help in the situation. Highlighting another main point.. Had added more information to make my question more clear since it wasn't enough to be understood.

Hello @GreenySmiley,

• if you are denied rights to log out after a hostile interaction then you are required to stay in game for at least 30 minutes, that being said if you have to log out under the timer and you are not getting a response from whoever it is your contacting for rights to log out, then you can join ''Waiting for staff help'' in the discord channel and we will see if we can assist you.

This response was given before you edited the OP 9 times.

unfortunately they are not currently required to give you an actual reason. Most people I have personally encountered have always been kind enough to give permission to log, but not everyone is always that lucky.

As Realize said, the best thing to do in a situation where you are denied permission to log and you are desperate is to seek help from a staff member and they will advise you what's best. In a situation where you need to log asap, you may not have time to do look for staff to help you out, but unfortunately as the rule stands that's all we can offer.

Please also refer to this thread that was recently posted

Sign in to follow this