Server time (UTC): 2020-01-24, 06:26 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

New mods suggestions (September 2019)

Add mods  

244 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted yes on the PvZ in my pre-coffee stupor without reading it. Fuck no to that.

Fast travel should be tried for two days just so everybody can see how it's going to be abused.

Airdrop only if we can actually control it. 

Not going to lie, this thread should have been made two months ago. We need new features like a junkie needs a score. These vehicles are great but if they turn into aircraft when the server gets a decent pop then meh.

Fast travel is unrealistic and it will add more needless rules. Also people will post up in fast travel locations just to hurt you or force you into something. Maybe even take over a fast travel location by imprisoning people in it. I just see more abuse with this than not. 

PvZ would make zombies more of a threat instead of a minor annoyance. That added with the Toxic Zones will bring more dynamic RP involving the environment. There is even a group starting up soon that will be involving the infected, since they are largely ignored by groups. 

8 minutes ago, Crimson_Tiger said:

Fast travel is unrealistic and it will add more needless rules. Also people will post up in fast travel locations just to hurt you or force you into something. Maybe even take over a fast travel location by imprisoning people in it. I just see more abuse with this than not. 

Half the things in this game are unrealistic. It's just suspending disbelief that you are being traveled quickly through a means that isn't in the game. Such as a working vehicle.

And so what if some people post up at some traveling locations it's what people do in any popular place. If you don't want to risk having to deal with popular places don't go to popular places. 

Yes to literally everything this will make DayZRP so fun again

Personally I say no to the fast travel and possibly the air drop. If you do air drop at least make it to where it's done through events or something.

I pretty much voted down anything that adds unnecessary stuff, or adds more clothes/cars/gear to the game, we don't need to be like other servers, flooded with random junk and items that are half-assed created, that's what our dev team is for to create our own custom stuff, that is done well...

Everything apart fast travel and PVZ are great additions !

2 hours ago, Isaiah Rinkasonn said:

Hey! Let's remove the organic rp by meeting up peeps on the road and random places, as everyone just goes to a map board, presses a button and POOF! Somewhere else. Doesn't matter no longer if your friend are far away! With press of a button, your friends show up close by!

I don’t know what organic roleplay you are running into walking around on the road. You find people in the largest base or city, that’s how it’s been for the past months. Compared to how often you’d find people in basically every other town like how it used to be, the current situation is people are on different ends of the maps at all times. 

Now for the fast travel, I see its purpose and how it can be used. If there are logs that can be used similarly to our connection logs, a new rule can be in place to set restrictions on the fast travel system, if not i think it’s going to get abused to shit. 

2 hours ago, Joe said:

Yes to everything. Can we also do a full wipe. 

I think a wipe would be great for adding these mods. Figure what will work and what will not. Nice suggestion Joe

Voted yes to everything. I'm on the fence about fast-travel but I'd rather have it and try it than not. As Rolle stated, it'd cost a payment of something and it was something uncommon or rare, it's not like everyone and their mother would be able to use it at any given time. Would add a nice little currency too.

7 hours ago, Major said:

I voted yes on the PvZ in my pre-coffee stupor without reading it. Fuck no to that.

Fast travel should be tried for two days just so everybody can see how it's going to be abused.

Airdrop only if we can actually control it. 

Not going to lie, this thread should have been made two months ago. We need new features like a junkie needs a score. These vehicles are great but if they turn into aircraft when the server gets a decent pop then meh.

According to a lot of people that play on other modded servers, the mod vehicles apparently are very stable in comparison to the vanilla vehicles and don't fly everywhere.

26 minutes ago, Zero said:

According to a lot of people that play on other modded servers, the mod vehicles apparently are very stable in comparison to the vanilla vehicles and don't fly everywhere.

Then we have to ask, what are they doing differently? And do they experience the same full server we do.

Yes to everything except fast travel.

Nit picky stuff would be ability to control airdrops for events so they are not just left and right.

Also variety in clothing is nice till there is too much and it's just messy. I'd say yes to both clothing mods BUT if possible limit which items we put on the server. For example the Mass's Many Items Overhaul has some great looking backpacks, and body accessories but I don't think we'd need ALL of the clothing plus everything in windstriders. It just seems like clutter at that point.

Edited by Glitch

10 hours ago, Apollo said:

I don’t know what organic roleplay you are running into walking around on the road. You find people in the largest base or city, that’s how it’s been for the past months. Compared to how often you’d find people in basically every other town like how it used to be, the current situation is people are on different ends of the maps at all times. 

Now for the fast travel, I see its purpose and how it can be used. If there are logs that can be used similarly to our connection logs, a new rule can be in place to set restrictions on the fast travel system, if not i think it’s going to get abused to shit. 

Well actually... I and a few friends ran around the map via roads last night, and we encountered multiple groups of people in the span of little over one hour.

if you make cars/vehicle more usable/safe and more frequent then theres no need for fast travel. I hate the running simulator but i also dont want it to turn into GTA

@Roland with the addition of the new cars, could they spawn fully functional? This way we can actually make use of them and not have to waste hours upon hours on them.

I really think the PvZ mod would be a good touch and it’d add some more reason to be a group dedicated to eradicating infected. Also gives groups that guard certain areas more to do than wait for some absolute mad lads to initiate. 

The fast travel isn’t necessary and not having it also makes the new vehicles something to be desired. If fast travel were added, people wouldn’t care much for cars. 

As for the Humvee, definitely add it! Gives a unique vehicle and a sense of authority and safety to whoever owns one. Can be useful for certain groups as well.

Edited by Deputy_Derp

2 hours ago, AndreyQ said:

@Roland with the addition of the new cars, could they spawn fully functional? This way we can actually make use of them and not have to waste hours upon hours on them.

The current cars spawn in a working state, and has done since the last DayZRP patch. I assume the same will be done for these vehicles.

Just now, Hofer said:

The current cars spawn in a working state, and has done since the last DayZRP patch. I assume the same will be done for these vehicles.

Don't think so. All the spawned cars I came across have not been in working condition.

the ones i have seen freshly spawn are fully working but have no fuel or water.

I'd say that keep the cars so that they might need something to work for. High end guns are something to usually work for. Bases are something to work for. Why not cars? They should be a reward and not just something that you take for granted?

Everything here looks like it would be fantastic for RP other than the PVZ mod because infected are already a huge pain in the ass and I think that this will make them a lot worse than what they already are. Another one I don't think will work is the Radiation. I feel like it will just something people will complain about in the very near future. The street lighting seems cool, but its an apocalypse... I just don't feel like that would fight unless it will be in some huge ass settlement perhaps? Other than that everything else seems decent other than the fact when the owners stop updating there mods, but that's something to worry about in the future... Right? 

Bring back 2x stamina as well?

1 hour ago, AndreyQ said:

Don't think so. All the spawned cars I came across have not been in working condition.

They do when they respawn. If you've found broken ones they have been used by other players.