Server time (UTC): 2019-11-21, 12:13
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

New mods suggestions (September 2019)

Add mods  

240 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just yes, to a few of these. Alright perfect. This is great.

Please add the suggested humvee thank you

-currently in small amounts of Shock-

Yes to all the cars. Yes to the flipping, yes to the fixing... 

No, god no to pvZ area 

I'd sign on adding all of these suggestions, purely because it adds a lot to RP and just makes the server much more interesting. Very happy about the vehicles!

However. Do not add fast travel. This will end random encounters all across the map, and centralise RP even more than it is today.

Absolute NO from here to Mass meny items and fast travel. 
Mass many items because there are so so many duplicates for items we already have and it's focused once again, mostly on military equipment. There are some nice items that Could be added but... not really worth the add. Loot tables would have to be also adjusted in heavy hands because of new weapons, protective equipment and gear

And fast travel NO because people can just magically "teleport" from place A to B. Sounds real good way to avoid pvp if you have item, you run to the board someone chases and you just slap in the "item" and poof.

I am very against the fast travel for the reasons stated above. Its not really a fair feature or mechanic, and it makes no sense given that other players could literally watch you vanish into thin air.

As for the rest, I voted a mix of yes/no depending on how I felt after reading the mod description, but I'm fairly neutral on those ones. My only hard no is on fast travel!

Yes to all vehicle ones, especially the truck. Used to be terrifying back in the day watching a truck with like 10 of an enemy group hop out right next to you. Get more vehiclesi n the game and down with that fast travel nonsense.

Voted no for PvZ purely because i despise zombie mechanics as is. The PvE in this game has always been glitchy, bullshit and sometimes unreasonably unfair due to a bug. I'd rather not increase that chance. 

The extra item mods... sure? makes finding my sweet outfit harder but more diversity is something i can't argue with.

Toxic zone is one i struggled to decide on. Went with yes in the end, but this would probably need lore and I'm not a fan of the randomly moving toxic cloud. Sounds unreliable. 

1 minute ago, APositivePara said:

Yes to all vehicle ones, especially the truck. Used to be terrifying back in the day watching a truck with like 10 of an enemy group hop out right next to you. Get more vehiclesi n the game and down with that fast travel nonsense.

Voted no for PvZ purely because i despise zombie mechanics as is. The PvE in this game has always been glitchy, bullshit and sometimes unreasonably unfair due to a bug. I'd rather not increase that chance. 

The extra item mods... sure? makes finding my sweet outfit harder but more diversity is something i can't argue with.

Toxic zone is one i struggled to decide on. Went with yes in the end, but this would probably need lore and I'm not a fan of the randomly moving toxic cloud. Sounds unreliable. 

Luckily the randomly moving toxic cloud is configurable if I read the description correctly.

Which means it doesnt have to be implemented, we can simply go with the toxic zone only encapsulating Kamensk

PvZ Mod is a 100% Yes from me. It's a Zombie game, it's about time infected become a proper threat like on Deer Isle.

I really would hate to see car flip mod. I feel like it lets people to be more careless and also... in certain places have "fun with it" OOC level. And laugh ingame and emote "ooh shit look car is flying" all that... nah thanks. Brakes my immersion.

Fast travel also NO, mainly PvP abuse...

Rest is ok I guess.

Edited by Shanoby

Just to let you know, the Place Anything mod is making often problems when it comes to performance. I played on a german server, where they were forced to remove it again, cause the server was constantly crashing. 

But besides that, I really hope for Mass Many Items and the OP Base items, as well the the Windstrides Clothing pack. Already used them before and loved the possibilities you have with it. Making yourself a home with especially the OP Base items is really nice 🙂

But please no fast travel... just no

1 minute ago, Shanoby said:

I really would hate to see car flip mod. I feel like it lets people to be more careless and also... in certain places have "fun with it" OOC level. And laugh ingame and emote "ooh shit look car is flying" all that... nah thanks. Brakes my immersion.

Ah yes flipping a car over the most immersion breaking mechanic. Why should such filth of a mod be added. Let our cars fly in the air and triple barrel roll through the streets of Chernarus without the ability to just flip it back. As such my immersion will be untouched. 🙏

I thought you wanted full control of the Server and it's Mods, Roland? If these mod authors decide to stop updating their mods and we are forced to remove them then that's a forced server wipe across map and characters each time to avoid corrupted data or hell, roll backs to before the mods were installed. (Thinking the clothing and item mods mostly). 

While I love more mods to be added, I do hope people realize the implications of when a mod goes bad, when the author decides to stop updating it for the various DayZ updates, or if they file some sort of DMCA against people using it in junction with their servers obtaining monetary gains and them not seeing any profit from it. 

Perhaps toss this on the Event Servers for a bit, see how they play out before pulling them over to full S1/S2, I can already sense the salt in the air with a "But I just spent four days making my base! You SUCK Roland!" 

If implemented well, the dynamic mods may add some interesting situations and RP. As for more items, I'm always for more items etc. I would really like to see more variety in characters looks and weapons. Hopefully stability/performance doesn't go to poo. I'm sure Roland would monitor this during the implementation and remove and/or make any necessary changes. Thanks for considering these Roland.

Would there be a way to not allow certain items from spawning from the Mass Many mod? @Kordruga made a good point, some of the items look like ass.

Edited by Akogishi
Added question.

I hope that the base building mods, if added, won't just be slapped in with all their features attached. Some of them make loot hoarding extremely difficult to combat. Please add the survival parts like plant pots etc.

Also some of the items in the items packs look like they're made of crayon, please no.

Vehicles are a must, vehicle quality of life mods are a must too. 

I'm all for most of these - except fast travel. Just doesn't make sense RP wise, and while I am all for running an hour or two from south to north, even I would be tempted to use it for the sake of convenience. Which would mean I might've missed some fun RP on the way.

I say yes to all (especially WindStride's and MMIO) except for the fast travel which by the looks of it isn't going to make the cut anyway.

I voted against Fast Travel and a couple of the vehicles, as I feel the real good additions would be the trucks while the other cars are so and so. 

While I do have concerns regarding the base addition mods (and the huge clothing pack mod), I still voted yes for the variety of it. Though I feel with the base parts people will very swiftly bring up the same complaints that are already happening with the incredibly barebones way bases can be built now. Hopefully with more decorative items people will see more incentive to build smaller, but more aesthetically pleasing bases. The new storage items would also immediately cause people to be up in arms about gearhoarding, maybe there'd be a way to disable those individually to avoid the proverbial foam around the mouth the moment people start building them en masse.

The PvZ should add some fun for the more PvE-oriented roleplayers, the Toxic clouds are a HUGE yes and hopefully will be able to be put in specific spots (mass graves, ground zero, you name it). The roaming cloud could be fun dynamic, but I feel it could also cause a lot of grievance amongst the community because not everyone will bother to carry around NBC gear as a back-up or want to keep running away from it. Airdrops is 'eh', but you could write it off as a attempt at relief effort after some more civilized countries are able to gain the upper hand on the infected. And it would give people incentive to move around the map or try their luck (although it runs the risk of the bigger groups claiming everything all the time and the same loop of gearhoarding happening).

The rest seems pretty QoL. Looking forward to being able to actually fish.

Gimmie that fast travel cba to run around the map finding jack shit 

gimme gimmie fast travel 

Out of curiosity @Roland, what determines whether or not a mod makes the cut? Simple majority... 2/3 majority... Is there a minimum number of votes needed to consider a mod at all?

Personally I feel that they are all fine except for Fast Travel and Airdrop. With the cars being added there are more ways for people to get around. With the airdrop I feel that this is a little much and would need to be tweaked a ton if implemented to work correctly. With reason why they are being sent.

Nice list of mods be awesome to have a majority of them, Hopefully wont cause to much stress for the server 😎