Server time (UTC): 2019-11-20, 08:10
Sign in to follow this  
Milo

Would like to see a Character Mod be created

I've encountered numerous of people around the map and you guessed it i met me or a character  that is the same as mine. After a while it kills imo bc everyone looks the same matter of fact i gotten robbed bc i looked like the guy they were looking for go figure lmao. I would like to see something where we can either tweak existing models or  increase the amount of model characters so when you meet someone its a unique character for a greater imo feel. I hope someone here would be able to implement something like this. 

+1

I could get behind this. 

Maybe its possible to have custom skins like there were back in Arma 2. Obviously within realism, some of those skins were whack haha.

Would be nice to see more character faces

although most people that look for someone usually focus on what the person was wearing and lets face it nearly everyone wears military clothing pieces nowdays due to slots

Sure it would be nice but no clue if it is possible to edit DayZ models and what limitations are on it.

More custom player creations would be awesome.

This, I believe, is a nigh impossible task to accomplish at the moment with the state of modding and DayZ AFAIK. There's issues being able to edit the player models as the model is selected on the client screen and not when you are loading into the game server (or something) it's why there's a lack of said types of mods on the workshop. So unless someone builds some "character creator" when you actually load into the server then I don't think we'll see any character modding. 😞 I'd pay for a custom model skin if it was a possible thing that can be done, as would many others tbh, but alas ... I'm sure a Dev has more insight into this than I do though, since they work on it all the time but this has been suggested a fair amount before so they are aware of the desire for such a mod.

I'd really love to see this, the amount of character models we have right now are so low compared and a variety would be extremely welcomed. The only issue I see with this right now is the modding capabilities for changes made to character models from Dayz's end, which sucks because a wider variety would be something so simple, yet so effective.