Server time (UTC): 2019-11-15, 03:48
Deer Isle Purge
ONGOING | 2019-11-15 00:01:00 (server time) | Ends in 17 hours, 11 minutes | Deer Isle Server | PvP
Sign in to follow this  
DESpot

Not your active character kick

So I am currently dealing with the "Not your active character" kick on a new character. This is after I tried to use a character I had 30 min on. it would log me in as some rando with a plum a soda some rags and a radio. Then kick me 30 or so seconds in. I typed the character name with proper capitalization and spelling. Got kicked. The game made some old white dude as my character and I was able to rename him with the proper name and change my other character names and played for about 30 min. logged out to have a smoke and take a shot and when I logged back in it kicked me again saying it wasn't my active character. I really want to play with you guys. so far though I have had to disable the deer island mod, got kicked once for the more guns mod and now am dealing with this repetative yet slightly changing active character kick. What am I doing wrong?

You have to use your character name in the launcher itself, NOT at the main games login. Can kind of be a pain to set up.

Edit: if you are using the Steam launcher, set it up under parameters. If you are using the DZSALauncher, go to settings and name your character from there. 

Edited by Gnarkill

The above is for the not your active character issue. 

We don't recommend using the DayZSA Launcher, it usually causes issues. I know some players can, but most it causes issues.

The below is so you can look like how you want. The latest update made it a bit more of a challenge.

On 9/17/2019 at 4:52 AM, DESpot said:

So I am currently dealing with the "Not your active character" kick on a new character. This is after I tried to use a character I had 30 min on. it would log me in as some rando with a plum a soda some rags and a radio. Then kick me 30 or so seconds in. I typed the character name with proper capitalization and spelling. Got kicked. The game made some old white dude as my character and I was able to rename him with the proper name and change my other character names and played for about 30 min. logged out to have a smoke and take a shot and when I logged back in it kicked me again saying it wasn't my active character. I really want to play with you guys. so far though I have had to disable the deer island mod, got kicked once for the more guns mod and now am dealing with this repetative yet slightly changing active character kick. What am I doing 

Did you managed to solve the issue? 

Yeah I got it sorted. Now I'm trying to figure out why the game wont let me create a wooden crate lol.

1 hour ago, DESpot said:

Yeah I got it sorted. Now I'm trying to figure out why the game wont let me create a wooden crate lol.

You need 3x time the req. material on wiki. Its 6x planks and 30x nails now