Jump to content
Server time (UTC): 2019-10-21, 23:52
Sign in to follow this  
Major

A Discovery - Interactive Lore Post and Quest

Recommended Posts

Major, 

This is an amazing lore post.. If only I was around the IG event.

I can't wait to be working with you in the near future!

Share this post


Link to post

So, can we take this as something that happened to us, or is this just damn nicely written thing that I want to continue?

Share this post


Link to post

I LOVED THIS I WENT AFTER IT IN GAME DEFINITELY CAUGHT MY ATTENTION 

Share this post


Link to post

Love this! Definitely interested in maybe taking part 😁

Amazing story telling btw! 

Share this post


Link to post

Wow Major. Absolutely love this.

This will be a great addition to all of our stories. Cannot wait to see how all of this progresses. 

Share this post


Link to post

Ahh, red the spoiler now. This sounds really damn nice. I hope I can be part of it! If I am awake when it happens...

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Isaiah Rinkasonn said:

So, can we take this as something that happened to us, or is this just damn nicely written thing that I want to continue?

Yes, you can.

Share this post


Link to post

I really enjoyed this one, Major, and wish I was the one who found the camp and sneaked away with the clues.  

My curiosity is definitely piqued; I look forward to more.

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Yampa said:

Put me in coach! 

 

32 minutes ago, Mia said:

I really enjoyed this one, Major, and wish I was the one who found the camp and sneaked away with the clues.  

My curiosity is definitely piqued; I look forward to more.

 

4 hours ago, Isaiah Rinkasonn said:

Ahh, red the spoiler now. This sounds really damn nice. I hope I can be part of it! If I am awake when it happens...

 

4 hours ago, ItsChocolateMan said:

Wow Major. Absolutely love this.

This will be a great addition to all of our stories. Cannot wait to see how all of this progresses. 

 

4 hours ago, PhoenyxxRP said:

Love this! Definitely interested in maybe taking part 😁

Amazing story telling btw! 

I just quoted all of you because I'm lazy. 

The basic idea is that your character has now come across this site. It might have been after the events of the post, or you might have been that character. It is open ended. Meaning that you know have the opportunity to search for an explanation of who did what here and why. This isn't exactly an event, if it was then it would be in that section. It is just meant to give you a personal storyline to explore if you so choose. 

So, if you want to learn more about what went down, you can make an IC post on this thread of when your character visited the site and I'll start to interact with you, or if you already have items from that place mentioned in the post then you could also make a radio thread and @ me in it. 

Share this post


Link to post

THIS is what the community needs. Sadly I've been playing on Deer Isle in the past weeks but your post actually makes me want to hop on back on Chernarus. I'll be looking forward to more of this. Thank you for doing this.

Share this post


Link to post

Radek Novotny opens the barrack door in Zelenogorsk as he hears helicopters off in the distance. He drowns it out, focused on finding a pair of NVGs for an operation coming soon. Shots ring in the distance. This was not ordinary gunfire. He recognizes the sound of the 30 MM cannon from a helicopter. 

“What the hell,” he mutters to himself. He slowly walks to the window and glances outside. He can see the shots in the distance, South toward Pavlovo. “Why is the CDF firing into its own country?” 

He waits in the barracks for any more shots. Silence. Then, a brisk message rings from his radio “Ano Miroslavl Tower, 6-7 RUSFOR foot mobiles mrtví, Jestřáb-2 returning to patrol path, over..” 

“Ruski? What are they doing this far south? Also, Miroslavl?” he whispers to himself. It had been years since he had been there. The last he remembers of Miroslavl was an attack on the base conducted by insurgents last year. Curiosity got the best of Radek as he began to cautiously head toward the shots.


1.jpg.edbd6cc0cae57da1425cb637e00a82fe.jpg

As he walked through the woods, more shots. It would be best to lay low until the violence ceases. One hour passes. Complete silence as the sun begins to rise in the distance, a chilly and ominous breeze cooling Radek’s face. He attentively steps through the woods, careful to remain silent as he nears the area the gunshots came from. He sees bodies all around, noticing one still barely moving. He walks up to the man, shirt drenched in blood, two bullet wounds piercing his chest. “What happened?” asks Radek. The man groans, blood dripping out of his mouth, unable to form words. Radek watches his eyes gradually lose life and him take his last breath. He continues to walk towards 3 tents he notices in the distance.

A map drenched in blood lays on the ground. Radek picks it up, reading the Russian words and tosses it aside. Another map nearby. Lines from Russia toward the current location. Frequencies, how did the Ruski get these? Radek finds a satellite phone and attempts to turn it on. He pulls out the battery and replaces it with one he has in his pack and tries to turn it on again. //does it work?

Going inside the tent, he sees more gruesome bodies. One wearing a Chedaki beret “Kurva, Chedaki pig.” Radek grabs the Chedaki beret and tosses it in the fire outside, watching it burn. He continues searching through bags nearby, finding a notebook, opening it to see a list of names. His bratyr's names. HIS name. His heart begins to race as confusion fills his mind. He quickly rips the page from the notebook. 

0.jpg.8a70be097a1621a1ac7cb66c0419d854.jpg


Searching through more bags he finds explosives, enough to take down a city. “I cannot let these fall into the wrong hands” He grabs as many bags as he can and takes off. Finding the closest lake, he buries the bags in a spot he will remember. 

He cannot fully process what he found. The Ruski invasion may be happening sooner than expected. Hopefully the CDF will make their presence known more often. Should he reach out to Miroslavl with information or stay silent? I should talk to my bratyr first, but not before I go back and search some more...

Share this post


Link to post

Wow, awesome story! I gladly partake in this.

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, ItsChocolateMan said:

Radek Novotny opens the barrack door in Zelenogorsk as he hears helicopters off in the distance. He drowns it out, focused on finding a pair of NVGs for an operation coming soon. Shots ring in the distance. This was not ordinary gunfire. He recognizes the sound of the 30 MM cannon from a helicopter. 

“What the hell,” he mutters to himself. He slowly walks to the window and glances outside. He can see the shots in the distance, South toward Pavlovo. “Why is the CDF firing into its own country?” 

He waits in the barracks for any more shots. Silence. Then, a brisk message rings from his radio “Ano Miroslavl Tower, 6-7 RUSFOR foot mobiles mrtví, Jestřáb-2 returning to patrol path, over..” 

“Ruski? What are they doing this far south? Also, Miroslavl?” he whispers to himself. It had been years since he had been there. The last he remembers of Miroslavl was an attack on the base conducted by insurgents last year. Curiosity got the best of Radek as he began to cautiously head toward the shots.


1.jpg.edbd6cc0cae57da1425cb637e00a82fe.jpg

As he walked through the woods, more shots. It would be best to lay low until the violence ceases. One hour passes. Complete silence as the sun begins to rise in the distance, a chilly and ominous breeze cooling Radek’s face. He attentively steps through the woods, careful to remain silent as he nears the area the gunshots came from. He sees bodies all around, noticing one still barely moving. He walks up to the man, shirt drenched in blood, two bullet wounds piercing his chest. “What happened?” asks Radek. The man groans, blood dripping out of his mouth, unable to form words. Radek watches his eyes gradually lose life and him take his last breath. He continues to walk towards 3 tents he notices in the distance.

A map drenched in blood lays on the ground. Radek picks it up, reading the Russian words and tosses it aside. Another map nearby. Lines from Russia toward the current location. Frequencies, how did the Ruski get these? Radek finds a satellite phone and attempts to turn it on. He pulls out the battery and replaces it with one he has in his pack and tries to turn it on again. //does it work?

Going inside the tent, he sees more gruesome bodies. One wearing a Chedaki beret “Kurva, Chedaki pig.” Radek grabs the Chedaki beret and tosses it in the fire outside, watching it burn. He continues searching through bags nearby, finding a notebook, opening it to see a list of names. His bratyr's names. HIS name. His heart begins to race as confusion fills his mind. He quickly rips the page from the notebook. 

0.jpg.8a70be097a1621a1ac7cb66c0419d854.jpg


Searching through more bags he finds explosives, enough to take down a city. “I cannot let these fall into the wrong hands” He grabs as many bags as he can and takes off. Finding the closest lake, he buries the bags in a spot he will remember. 

He cannot fully process what he found. The Ruski invasion may be happening sooner than expected. Hopefully the CDF will make their presence known more often. Should he reach out to Miroslavl with information or stay silent? I should talk to my bratyr first, but not before I go back and search some more...

As you make your way back to civilization, you hear the crunch of a stick behind you and rather guttural command uttered with a harsh Chernarussian accent "Stůj! Don't turn around or move návštěvník."

2 men run up on each side wearing black hunting jackets and Chernarussian military berets, they look sharp and cleaned up if not a little overdressed for the occasion, pointing AK-74Ms at you. The gravelly voiced man behind you asks, "Who are you?"

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, Major said:

As you make your way back to civilization, you hear the crunch of a stick behind you and rather guttural command uttered with a harsh Chernarussian accent "Stůj! Don't turn around or move návštěvník."

2 men run up on each side wearing black hunting jackets and Chernarussian military berets, they look sharp and cleaned up if not a little overdressed for the occasion, pointing AK-74Ms at you. The gravelly voiced man behind you asks, "Who are you?"

Radek's heart jolts as he hears a stick break behind him. Radek slowly places his rifle on the ground as the 2 men surround him. He lets out a small sigh of relief as he heard the Chernarussian accent and words. But is still cautious due to their demeanor. "Ahoj bratyr. I am Radek Novotny, former member of the CDF, serving on Jelení Ostrov. I helped quarantine the area under Major Gregorij Zadek's order. I was able to escape from the island after the quarantine was unsuccessful. I've been surviving here with my bratyr ever since. I just came from the hill, investigating the shots" 

Edited by ItsChocolateMan
fitting the scenario

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ItsChocolateMan said:

Radek's heart jolts as he hears a stick break behind him. Radek slowly places his rifle on the ground as the 2 men surround him. He lets out a small sigh of relief as he heard the Chernarussian accent and words. But is still cautious due to their demeanor. "Ahoj bratyr. I am Radek Novotny, former member of the CDF, serving on Jelení Ostrov. I helped quarantine the area under Major Gregorij Zadek's order. I was able to escape from the island after the quarantine was unsuccessful. I've been surviving here with my bratyr ever since. What is this here?" Radek points to the dead bodies lying around. "Ruski? A member of the chedaki? We've heard rumors of an invasion, and here are Ruski with lists of names and explosives."

//Just so you know this is west of Pavlovo. Most people have a dingy or small RHIBs. Perhaps a fishing boat so going in between places fairly quickly is realistic. The general idea is that what we are RPing out is what happened after you left there.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, ItsChocolateMan said:

Radek's heart jolts as he hears a stick break behind him. Radek slowly places his rifle on the ground as the 2 men surround him. He lets out a small sigh of relief as he heard the Chernarussian accent and words. But is still cautious due to their demeanor. "Ahoj bratyr. I am Radek Novotny, former member of the CDF, serving on Jelení Ostrov. I helped quarantine the area under Major Gregorij Zadek's order. I was able to escape from the island after the quarantine was unsuccessful. I've been surviving here with my bratyr ever since. I just came from the hill, investigating the shots" 

The 3 men seem to ease up a bit as you drop your weapon and give an explanation as to who you are. The guy on your right comes into view, and he appears about 31 in age, with a nasty scar down his face and clean shaven. He says nothing but looks at you with a scowl and lowers his rifle to low ready. He looks like one of the meanest men you have ever seen. The man with the deep voice behind you starts to talk once again.

"You were smart to drop your weapon Radek. We dropped some gangster wannabe an hour ago who didn't do the same."

 "Schwuler!", says the scary looking guy to your right. Before turning to check the perimeter. A Chernarussian-German? Interesting. The one that seems to be the commander behind you extends his hand to you. 

"My name is Major Zivan Kralik. Manage to find anything at the site?"

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Major said:

The 3 men seem to ease up a bit as you drop your weapon and give an explanation as to who you are. The guy on your right comes into view, and he appears about 31 in age, with a nasty scar down his face and clean shaven. He says nothing but looks at you with a scowl and lowers his rifle to low ready. He looks like one of the meanest men you have ever seen. The man with the deep voice behind you starts to talk once again.

"You were smart to drop your weapon Radek. We dropped some gangster wannabe an hour ago who didn't do the same."

 "Schwuler!", says the scary looking guy to your right. Before turning to check the perimeter. A Chernarussian-German? Interesting. The one that seems to be the commander behind you extends his hand to you. 

"My name is Major Zivan Kralik. Manage to find anything at the site?"

Radek relaxes, loosening his stance as the men become more friendly. "Dobrý den, Major Kralik. It was a bloodbath at the camp. It looked like many foreigners had been killed while trying to investigate it. But within the camp, there were six Ruski and one Chedaki. It seemed like the Ruski had the Chedaki hostage and were torturing him. Very interesting. Many of the Ruski were in plain clothes, possibly attempting to blend in with the local populace, with their uniform in their bags. I found a map with 'Террористы' written above Miroslavl and another map with arrows from Russia leading to the camp. They had a list of frequencies, possibly some used by the CDF, so I would take care talking on the radio. I also found this Russian satellite phone, but cannot get it to work" Radek pulls it out of the bag and hands it to the commander 

"They also had a list of names. My bratyr's names were on it, and my name was on it. One of my friends, Holic Bolin, who mysteriously disappeared recently, was also on there too, with his name crossed out." Radek would show the man the sheet of paper he tore from the notebook before putting it back in his pocket.

"Lastly, they had a big supply of C4, detonators, and mines. I'm not sure what their plan was. Maybe destroy a radio tower or attack a base. I was able to secure it all and hide it in a secluded place."

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, ItsChocolateMan said:

Radek relaxes, loosening his stance as the men become more friendly. "Dobrý den, Major Kralik. It was a bloodbath at the camp. It looked like many foreigners had been killed while trying to investigate it. But within the camp, there were six Ruski and one Chedaki. It seemed like the Ruski had the Chedaki hostage and were torturing him. Very interesting. Many of the Ruski were in plain clothes, possibly attempting to blend in with the local populace, with their uniform in their bags. I found a map with 'Террористы' written above Miroslavl and another map with arrows from Russia leading to the camp. They had a list of frequencies, possibly some used by the CDF, so I would take care talking on the radio. I also found this Russian satellite phone, but cannot get it to work" Radek pulls it out of the bag and hands it to the commander 

"They also had a list of names. My bratyr's names were on it, and my name was on it. One of my friends, Holic Bolin, who mysteriously disappeared recently, was also on there too, with his name crossed out." Radek would show the man the sheet of paper he tore from the notebook before putting it back in his pocket.

"Lastly, they had a big supply of C4, detonators, and mines. I'm not sure what their plan was. Maybe destroy a radio tower or attack a base. I was able to secure it all and hide it in a secluded place."

Major Kralik listens to you carefully before he responds. He takes the phone you hand him, passing it to the 3rd guy. 

"Ano, I understand. We are forward air controllers sent to investigate the area and conduct BDA. This all started after some of our militant friends from one of the brigades near Severní Fronta lost sight of a Chedaki patrol they were tracking. They ended up being less Chedaki and more Russian from the looks of the mess. Seems like they took that kid hostage on their way in. They called for a gunship as they didn't want to risk their own ass in unfamiliar territory with potential Vympel or SVR on the move. It was the right call. Seems to us this lot was setting up some kind of hidden site to launch sabotage operations from, it would be much easier if we had word from whoever found the site right after it got attacked by our vertolety. That way we would have been able to do our job without interference. We still don't know much, and as for the notebooks, well. Most foreign fucks here seem to think we are trying to scare them when we talk about the Russians. I don't think it's an accident that these notebooks were here. They have files on everybody. Don't ask how."

He pauses again and stares at the ground, almost as if pondering their situation. 

"But we can only make assumptions, we need to know more."

Share this post


Link to post

Helicopters. Gunfire. Interesting.

Phoenyxx watched from afar, listening and observing. What could it be this time? Russians? Chernarussians? Something more? She was never one for the politics, the wars. However, her interest was peaked.

She would check out where the helicopter was firing after everything seemed to calm down. She waited for a while and eventually made her way to the area. As she neared, she was cautious and tried to keep silent. Observing to make sure no one was around she quickly moved into what looked like a scene straight out of a movie. Coughing and pulling her scarf over her mouth, she’d look at the bodies and the carnage around her.

What the fuck have I walked into” She’d mutter to herself.

She’d observe the bodies, noting the camouflage they wore. She’d hear the crackle of the fire. Was here recently? She’d looked around her in almost a panicked manner, wondering if they were still around. She’d have to move quickly.

She’d step over the bodies and start to look through the belongings laying around. There was a map, smeared in blood. What was this? Russian? She’d stare at the words, having no understanding of them but wondering if there would have been anything in it that she’d recognize from the little Artyom had taught her.

Not far from the bodies was a piece of paper that looked to have English writing on it. She’d pick it up reading it.

.. interesting

The mention of foreigners, Ruski’s and Chedaki caused her to remove the Russian hat from her head, a gift from Artyom. She’d slide it into her bag quickly as if someone might be watching. She’d place the note back on the ground and continue her search of the camp area. What else could be around here? Anything that’d tell her about who these people were, who had attacked them?

Eventually she’d come across a few notebooks, a page or two ripped out from one. She’d flip through the books, however what she read would make her stomach turn. Names. Names of people she knew. Names of people she knew to be gone, dead… missing..

What the fuck

She’d keep looking eventually she’d pause and stare at her own name. Who the fuck were these people? Russians like that note said? Why did they have the names of everyone? What were the circles? Those crossed out? She’d skim further, finding the names of her own group. Her own people.

There’d be a crack of branches near her. Was someone here? She’d take the notebook containing her name and she’d stuff it in her bag before slipping out of the tent and making a break for the bushes quickly. She needed to get out of there, and quickly.

//Hopefully did this correctly, tried to make sure I went in accordance to the posts i've seen in regards to the above. If not just send me a DM and i can adjust accordingly. First time doing something like this in relation to Lore etc. Don't wanna screw anything up.

Share this post


Link to post
54 minutes ago, Major said:

Major Kralik listens to you carefully before he responds. He takes the phone you hand him, passing it to the 3rd guy. 

"Ano, I understand. We are forward air controllers sent to investigate the area and conduct BDA. This all started after some of our militant friends from one of the brigades near Severní Fronta lost sight of a Chedaki patrol they were tracking. They ended up being less Chedaki and more Russian from the looks of the mess. Seems like they took that kid hostage on their way in. They called for a gunship as they didn't want to risk their own ass in unfamiliar territory with potential Vympel or SVR on the move. It was the right call. Seems to us this lot was setting up some kind of hidden site to launch sabotage operations from, it would be much easier if we had word from whoever found the site right after it got attacked by our vertolety. That way we would have been able to do our job without interference. We still don't know much, and as for the notebooks, well. Most foreign fucks here seem to think we are trying to scare them when we talk about the Russians. I don't think it's an accident that these notebooks were here. They have files on everybody. Don't ask how."

He pauses again and stares at the ground, almost as if pondering their situation. 

"But we can only make assumptions, we need to know more."

Radek nods at the man "There was a lot of mystery surrounding it all. It looked like the bags had been sifted through when I showed up. I'm not sure what anyone else took."

"I had heard rumors of a Russian invasion, but I did not know they were already conducting covert operations in our country. We could head up there and I could show you around from what I found. Maybe it is more useful to yourself and you can decipher some of the maps. And possibly we could find clues as to who appeared there first." 

//gotta head to bed. I'll continue tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, ItsChocolateMan said:

Radek nods at the man "There was a lot of mystery surrounding it all. It looked like the bags had been sifted through when I showed up. I'm not sure what anyone else took."

"I had heard rumors of a Russian invasion, but I did not know they were already conducting covert operations in our country. We could head up there and I could show you around from what I found. Maybe it is more useful to yourself and you can decipher some of the maps. And possibly we could find clues as to who appeared there first." 

//gotta head to bed. I'll continue tomorrow

"Ano, we are going to head out and make camp to the west before we do an analysis tomorrow, perhaps interview witnesses. Dobre den."

The men traipse off into the woods and as you say goodbye, the scary looking guy winks at you before turning and departing.

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, PhoenyxxRP said:

Helicopters. Gunfire. Interesting.

Phoenyxx watched from afar, listening and observing. What could it be this time? Russians? Chernarussians? Something more? She was never one for the politics, the wars. However, her interest was peaked.

She would check out where the helicopter was firing after everything seemed to calm down. She waited for a while and eventually made her way to the area. As she neared, she was cautious and tried to keep silent. Observing to make sure no one was around she quickly moved into what looked like a scene straight out of a movie. Coughing and pulling her scarf over her mouth, she’d look at the bodies and the carnage around her.

What the fuck have I walked into” She’d mutter to herself.

She’d observe the bodies, noting the camouflage they wore. She’d hear the crackle of the fire. Was here recently? She’d looked around her in almost a panicked manner, wondering if they were still around. She’d have to move quickly.

She’d step over the bodies and start to look through the belongings laying around. There was a map, smeared in blood. What was this? Russian? She’d stare at the words, having no understanding of them but wondering if there would have been anything in it that she’d recognize from the little Artyom had taught her.

Not far from the bodies was a piece of paper that looked to have English writing on it. She’d pick it up reading it.

.. interesting

The mention of foreigners, Ruski’s and Chedaki caused her to remove the Russian hat from her head, a gift from Artyom. She’d slide it into her bag quickly as if someone might be watching. She’d place the note back on the ground and continue her search of the camp area. What else could be around here? Anything that’d tell her about who these people were, who had attacked them?

Eventually she’d come across a few notebooks, a page or two ripped out from one. She’d flip through the books, however what she read would make her stomach turn. Names. Names of people she knew. Names of people she knew to be gone, dead… missing..

What the fuck

She’d keep looking eventually she’d pause and stare at her own name. Who the fuck were these people? Russians like that note said? Why did they have the names of everyone? What were the circles? Those crossed out? She’d skim further, finding the names of her own group. Her own people.

There’d be a crack of branches near her. Was someone here? She’d take the notebook containing her name and she’d stuff it in her bag before slipping out of the tent and making a break for the bushes quickly. She needed to get out of there, and quickly.

//Hopefully did this correctly, tried to make sure I went in accordance to the posts i've seen in regards to the above. If not just send me a DM and i can adjust accordingly. First time doing something like this in relation to Lore etc. Don't wanna screw anything up.

You would get away successfully just as you heard the commotion and noise. You are relieved to see that its only a stagg some 30 meters away in a thicket. You'd bump into a metallic object that strikes you as rather out of place, grabbing it and placing it in your pack before heading out safely into the foggy woods...

043be7cf42.jpg

//Also note that this is just outside of the playable map west of Pavlovo. 

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Major said:

You would get away successfully just as you heard the commotion and noise. You are relieved to see that its only a stagg some 30 meters away in a thicket. You'd bump into a metallic object that strikes you as rather out of place, grabbing it and placing it in your pack before heading out safely into the foggy woods...

043be7cf42.jpg

//Also note that this is just outside of the playable map west of Pavlovo. 

// would i recognize this metallic object? Or can i know what it is so someone might be able to tell me?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...