Server time (UTC): 2019-11-11, 23:35
Sign in to follow this  
DeuceJensen

Tents either despawned or griefed.

Hey there.

Imma' put this here instead of the report section since i dont know wether this is a bug or done by other players. Me and my buddy had two tents set up, on the deer isle server. However after leaving camp today to go get some fuel for our car, only being out for like 5 minutes wich is why i doubt 2 other players would've managed to do this, we come back to both our tents being not just packed down but completely gone and despawned. Our generator and cable drum still on the ground. 

Is there anyway to reimburce whatever items we lost from those tents since a lot of hard work went into actually getting set up for roleplay or atleast see what actually happened to our tents, so we know what to avoid in the future?

Either or we have no hostilities with anyone on the deer isle server and have only ever been friendly to the people we've met on our travels, so if it does turn out it's a player, i can state right now that we've done nothing to proportionate all of our stuff to be taken and our entire camp to be taken down. 

Thank you in advance. I also posted in the discord help section since i wasn't sure where to put this. 

We don't reimburse any items no matter how they were lost, unfortunately. 

I'm unsure what happened to your tents though, that does seem odd.

Very much so, is there a log where you can see what happened to them, it happened like 10 minutes before my post here. Cause i figure if it is a player, that's a solid break of rule 4.8 and then i can't take this to reports 😛

I have had tents despawn after restart/server crash many times, also i think people can steal your stuff without reason if they want to as long as they do not despawn any of your stuff.

Edited by Husky.

4.8 Griefing is act of damaging or destroying a player base, storage container, vehicles or their contents using OOC knowledge, ill intent or doing so without IC reasoning that is proportionate to the damage done. 

Considering our two tents were the only base we were yet to have set up. Taking down the entire base seems to be both with ill intent and without ic reasoning proportionate to the damage done. 

Also there was no restart in between. We logged on, tents were there, went down the road, refueled a jerrycan, came back, tents were gone. 

Edited by DeuceJensen

I think that refers to tearing down people's walls for no reason. Tents are fair game i am pretty sure.

Well shit. I thought tents kind of counted as a base item aswell? Not trying to flame or throw shade at anyone here just so that's clear. 

Edit: 
Well if not a base item the rules do say destruction of a container aswell. And tents are containers aren't they? 

Edited by DeuceJensen

Did you place the tents on/in a building/structure, sometimes the tents fall through the ground, had it happen tons of times in Cherno to us.

Just now, PhoenyxxRP said:

Did you place the tents on/in a building/structure, sometimes the tents fall through the ground, had it happen tons of times in Cherno to us.

No we placed them in the woods, a good deal away from structures acutally. Trying to avoid exactly that 🙂
We did have a wolf spawn nearby if that has any impact on it? Are tents not indestructable anymore? 

1 minute ago, DeuceJensen said:

Edit: 
Well if not a base item the rules do say destruction of a container aswell. And tents are containers aren't they? 

Well destruction would be shooting a tent to make it ruined for no reason. But taking it with you to use for yourself is allowed.

1 minute ago, Husky. said:

Well destruction would be shooting a tent to make it ruined for no reason. But taking it with you to use for yourself is allowed.

But if a player base only consists of two tents, then taking those tents would be the destruction of a base wouldn't it? I'm just trying to make sense of this cause now i'm confused. 

Well sure your base would be gone, but i think griefing is mainly about destroying stuff with malicious intent. So destroying walls that were not blocking entry, despawning gear or shooting tents to make them ruined. If your tents get discovered and they can take all of the stuff out without dropping them on the floor(despawning) then it is fine to steal the tents even if that leaves you with nothing.

1 minute ago, Husky. said:

Well sure your base would be gone, but i think griefing is mainly about destroying stuff with malicious intent. So destroying walls that were not blocking entry, despawning gear or shooting tents to make them ruined. If your tents get discovered and they can take all of the stuff out without dropping them on the floor(despawning) then it is fine to steal the tents even if that leaves you with nothing.

Fair enough. I guess i've misunderstood that part then. I interpereted as if you had to have actual IC reasoning for raiding/looting someones base, in terms of for example, they robbed you or your have an ongoing conflict. Wasn't aware anyone anywhere could just walk in and steal your stuff. 

For understanding of rule 4.8 or how the rule work in praxis i suggest going trough solved reports here https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/forum/55-solved-reports/ . It should give you examples of what is and what is not considered griefing.

Just to clear things.

Griefing would be to destroy someone elses property with malicious intent with no reason to do so. It also comes down to the amount of damage caused. Each griefing case is based on the circumstances and determined by the GM team if it falls into a griefing category.

In this instance (could be a bug @Roland will need to check) i personally would say no griefing occurred. All loot is fair game even tents and other containers. Its down to the owner to properly hide the tent or secure it behind camp walls but even walls wont make it off limits.

If you had come back to tents being there but all contents thrown on the floor by someone who had no intention of taking anything they just did it for a joke then it would be griefing.

If a tent gets shot and is in ruined condition it can despawn regardless of what is inside. I discovered that a short while ago. Don't think logs would show it either though I may be wrong.

14 hours ago, Billy said:

If a tent gets shot and is in ruined condition it can despawn regardless of what is inside. I discovered that a short while ago. Don't think logs would show it either though I may be wrong.

Aaaah that's probably what happenend then. We accidentielly hit them killing some wolves. I just read everywhere that tents were indestructable, even says in the rules you can't make indestructable tent walls. So i didn't think much of it. 

19 hours ago, DeuceJensen said:

Aaaah that's probably what happenend then. We accidentielly hit them killing some wolves. I just read everywhere that tents were indestructable, even says in the rules you can't make indestructable tent walls. So i didn't think much of it. 

That would do it. If you damage your tents, such as shoot at it/in it/through it, it will likely despawn. It will remain visible until you're no longer in the area.

I would recommend before placing tents down (or even regular maintenance) to use duct-tape to repair your packed tent.