Server time (UTC): 2019-11-13, 05:48
Sign in to follow this  
Snorf

Appeal NVFL - 3 days, Character permakill

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

Why the verdict is not fair: I do agree that i was wrong in the situation. But part of the punishment, permakilling my character (Shane Smith), is too harsh.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view: In the moment when I attempted to fight my way out of the situation, I thought it was a good idea. But it is clear not to me and everyone in the report, this was a horrible decision. This is the first time I have every disobeyed the initial demand of an aggressor. In every other similar situation like this i have roleplayed it out, I had always begged for my life offering to do anything to keep it. I have also never received a report before this time, you can see from this that I am no repeat offender. I spoke Derek Steel after the report was signed off on, to get a greater understanding what I did wrong to ensure I never do it again. I understand I had done something wrong and asked if it was possible for me to take a 7 day ban instead of a character permadeath, which sadly wasn’t possible.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: I would like my character un-permakilled, I want this as I have invested a lot of time into developing him into something unique. He is also a crucial part in the roleplay between the groups The Runners and the 503. I still believe I need a punishment, but to permakill this character to me is almost as harsh a punishment as a permaban.

What could you have done better?: I could have complied with their demands, and roleplayed the situation out. I should have not been so reluctant to roleplay with them and put more effort into the situation myself.

Greetings,

A separate team of staff members have taken a look at your appeal and have come to the conclusion to deny it. The verdict still stands as you admit and showed clear intentions of not having any value for your characters life when fighting back whilst outnumbered and out positioned. Because of this your character was permanently killed, which is a standard punishment for those who have no value for their characters lives and your case is no exception. In future, we recommend that you take a step back to think about whether you're going to be valuing your characters life or not, should you feel that you are outnumbered and death will be a likely result of fighting back, it is always best to comply with the demands of the captors to avoid not valuing your characters life.

With that said, appeal denied.

Signed by @Saunders + @Zanaan