Server time (UTC): 2019-11-14, 12:38
Sign in to follow this  
RedSky

Should writing on notes be modded back in?

Should writing on notes be modded back in?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi, there fellow community members,

Oh boy, I can't remember the last time I wrote a suggestion, A little while ago someone popped into my stream, a little bit of an urban legend in my own opinion.

During the time of 2015 and 2016 a tiny guardian angel laid out courier bags scattered around high traffic areas, very little people managed to ever find this person in the flesh, but everyone knew who it was and why it happened. These courier bags were "U.N Care packages" They contained food and water and when needed medicine.

They also always contained a note stating what and why they were there.

I miss the days where writing on notes was a thing, it allowed for less direct RP. Now, these days this Guardian angel (@DerrickStorm) has returned and it makes me long for the days that his unique form of RP that cost him a lot of time to make was a thing.

But that wasn't the only thing that came out of that in 2015 and 2016, there was also the Chernarussian Post, who for a small fee would carry around notes from one person to the next, it was nice receiving these things and using them to deliver notes.

I miss these types of RP, and I hope I am not alone in this.

So I wonder first of all is this suggestion possible to mod in dear Dayzrp dev's and second of all would the community enjoy seeing this small slice of life thing return.

EDIT: Example of a note from a carepackage

Spoiler

unknown.png

Edited by RedSky

Used it, loved it and if there is a way to make writing on paper IG a thing again it would be great to be back.

I think it should be brought back in because it can definitely add to the RP but we all know there are people who will ruin it for others.

This is a wonderful suggestion, and provided the game mechanics allow for it and Bohemia didn't break it I would love for something like this to be added back into the game.

Yes please, I really would love this back ingame!

Yes, would love to be able to give love letters to other roleplayers saying "Put your hands up. <3".

Edited by AndreyQ

If possible, this should definitely be modded back in. There's zero downside to the addition of notes and would only open up some new forms of RP.

If it is possible, it would be awesome. I remember finding alooooot of personal journals, strange letters etc. + I loved the feedback from that mini-event. Love ya @RedSky

Yes yes yes plus 1 this I would love to have this back in game. 

I remember both of these also, and the Chernarus Post was one of the first groups I RP'ed with when I first joined. Being able to make notes would bring back a good/interestng dynamic way of RP'ing. I hope the devs could make this happen if the community want it back, and I'm sure a lot will.

Voted no coz I don’t like you, voted yes really coz I like you and it’s s good feature 

I still remember fragging someone back when notes were a thing and finding a cool story/message to pass on. Would love to see it brought back

If our wonderful dev team can do it, then it'd be a great addition 🙂

@Korha They really need to bring this back so people can't metagame your notes anymore 

+1

Why is this not a thing already?! Why did they get rid of it? I want this added back in! Oh fuck the Hell YES!!! 

Edited by Crimson_Tiger

+1

Considering my character has been mute for about a month now, I'd like to see this added.

One of my biggest problems with "writing" notes in the chat is that, even though I specify what individual I am handing the note to, everyone in the area seems to suddenly know the contents of the note within a second. 

Definetly +100 yes.

A THOUSAND TIMES YES.

I want to actually write journal notes IG, and perhaps even lose them. I want to leave creepy notes and find others' lost scribblings!!!

10 minutes ago, TheGlassSpider said:

A THOUSAND TIMES YES.

I want to actually write journal notes IG, and perhaps even lose them. I want to leave creepy notes and find others' lost scribblings!!!

If possible fuck yeah, but why stop at notes?

Being able to write out/copy paste entire journal entries would be immersive as hell.

Though I'm likely to keep beanz whoring my journal on the forums regardless...

+1 

It is an awesome idea , even there can be some team who directs these notes or posts.

Edited by Burak

Let me MS paint it so I can give smiley faces to everyone I meet and I'll say yes

My god yes please.

No brainer yes